SOTD : Saturday 4th June - Friday 10th June 2022.

SOTD 04-June
Smooth, refreshed and ready for the braai today, we've held off so far for what is supposed to be decent weather. I've told the other half it's happening today one way or the other, even if I have to borrow my daughters brolly!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc
Ach, lekker day for a braai, u weet. Even here in Heathrow now now, so no excuse my good man! Or as I like to say, swillage, grillage and chillage in the village.

Saturday AM 2022-06-04
National Cheese Day
PCeUciZ.jpg

Declaration Grooming Washington B1 (borrowed)
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle shaving soap
Wilkinson Bonded System (1)
ABC Apricot Hull aftershave

My favorite floral soap. The brush did a fine job whipping up lots of lather; because I love the scent of the soap so much, I always end up scooping too much of it. After a few uses, I have a very positive impression of the B1. It has perfect backbone and soft tips. It is quite a lather hog, but so are several of my larger brushes. Overall I like it a lot, but I will return it to its owner knowing that I still like my old Rooney Finests more. I used a Wilkinson Bonded razor instead of the Harry's one in the image because I have decided not to use or keep the latter one; I just don't need it. This was my first use of the ABC aftershave, and I am not sure whether or not I like it. It smells pretty good and is soothing, but it is thicker than I usually like.
QUsgKIB.jpg

Saturday 4th June

AM-JKLUaRDlcmd4p4AgVoRmLodIlEysqncioBFzCUpRSvl4oTMEdrHIYPJx-KTcZK7SyGUMD9_JSFgGrW0f-nKysA991n3bJT_7ATK9D8RHGVjMKOvkMtDC05CgIoQHwlEXSrtLjfvxOvttEwK2wet7r4Ug6-w=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Imperial Leather (Vintage) Shaving Bowl
Razorock 400 Butterscotch w/Plissoft Noir Synthetic 24mm
Wilkinson Sword Sticky & Blue Sword Platinum
Imperial Leather (Vintage) Aftershave

Blue Sword .. by Lord.

If you like the Lord Platinum, you might like these. I don't like Lord Platinum and forgot that fact when I recently tried the ASCO Platinum and came up with the same bad shave and irritation. So, why use a blade that I am almost certain that I would not like? For the sake of completion, naturally ... and with a real sense of trepidation.

Given Lord are the spiritual successor to Wilkinson Sword, what better than the vintage Sticky?

On my face, platinum edges translate as "not sharp" and this blade hit me with that straight away. It didn't feel sharp. It felt scratchy as well. I got shaved with two passes and with a splash of the good stuff afterwards, I was pleased to see that I did not have the irritation that I had with the Lord or the ASCO platinum.

In all ... not a great shave. But, good enough.

Again, if you like Lord Platinum, you might like these ... but ... I think it's a budget version. For that reason, I kinda preferred it. I'm a cheap date.

A3225C82-3E31-4A43-9AA5-F1DE3170A7E5.jpeg
SOTD: 04/06/2022

Razor: Henson AL13
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Aftershave: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I love this Master Soap Creations Soap. The Henson is fast becoming a real favourite. A great shave all round.
Have a great weekend guys!

SOTD : 5th June 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 49.
Face Lather.
Lather: Phoenix & Beau Star Noir Shaving Soap.
Blade: Parker/Personna PTFE SS. (D2.)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Settings) 3-wtg. 4- xtg/atg.+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL + Splash-On Lotion./ Aloe Vera Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Everything in my shave set up worked together superbly....It's been a while since i last used the Brut ASL + Splash-On Lotion duo together and forgot how wonderful they are!....Excellent post shave duo.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
05/06/2022

Razor: Hiram Commander
Blade: Kai Pink Titan Mild (4)
Brush: Boti NC 26mm
Soap: B&M Cologne Russe

20220605_083625.jpg

Lovely smelling soap and the Omnibus base, although very soft, performed very well. I really like the Hiram Commander.

PS: sorry for the awful pic. It seemed much more arty farty when I was playing with it.

Sun 5 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + B&M Cheshire Balm
A beautifully aromatic scented soap for me....the lather is rich creamy and slick enough too...made too much...
Today's shave with this razor was enjoyable, focusing on using the lightest touch possible...3passes without any issues for a sas/ccs result. The edge was crisp, smooth, and very comfortable. The matching aftershave was great...love the scent!
20220605_162154.jpg

8VfMosJ.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow-Lanolin-Glycerin soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Agrumi Del Mediterraneo
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 (21)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Booster Polar Ice Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Caron Le 3rd Homme EdT

Nice to be be back and enjoying a few home comforts. The Saponificio Bignoli soap is a delight.

Last night's shaved themed 'Hocus Krokos'

Now, haven't I been here before? Indeed I have except this time it is a return of the karaoke shave.

20220604_123428.jpg

Focus razorcus - Stainless Colonial General
Hocus bladecus - Feather Professional
Hocus brushcus - Steve Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Krocus soapcus - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Krocos scentcus - Abbate y Mantia Krokos splash

'The shave dance'

I can't find a karaoke version of Hocus Pocus by Focus so you will just have to settle for a live version and slip the words in wherever you can.....Hit play........

Joladadijoladadijoladadijoladadi
Razor
Joladadijoladadi-jo-o-ooh
Brush
Joladadijoladadijoladadijoladadi
Soap
Joladadijoladadi-jo-o-ooh
Shave shave shave
Oooooh-oooooh-oooooh-oooooh
Oooooooooooooooooooooo

Thank you

Great expectations from a great bunch of shaving accoutrements and expectations met in every way. A very welcome shave at the end of a couple of days of shaving wilderness. Blissful, feeling great for it and with the air of the wonderful Abbate krokos scent. Bring it on.

Bring it on and bring on those Japanese ladies who's lyrics probably make less sense than those of Hocus Pocus......

Back
Top Bottom