SOTD: Saturday 4 November - Friday 10 November 2023.

Sunday 5th November

ADCreHe7sDYiSTgEHCObjKJ32r9KzRE4AUg8RNr0VBIJ6H9-25qO0X4IPqM5nJhVqyFUuLeEtHQcL1Ls9rUGo_jLaQide-74m3q92_nrBoV2nWo1vuURhFSExrOrkDq_mZqB-c3X4DUl5DQ_KO-_ZUuziSm9Fw=w800

Gillette Original Shave Foam
Treet Swift II & Treet Swift II Cartridge (2)
Pinaud Citrus Musk Eau de Cologne

Very much enjoying this Treet Platinum cartridge ... I think I'll carry on for the week with a return to the lovely Gillette Original Shave Cream.

Sunday 5th November

ADCreHe7sDYiSTgEHCObjKJ32r9KzRE4AUg8RNr0VBIJ6H9-25qO0X4IPqM5nJhVqyFUuLeEtHQcL1Ls9rUGo_jLaQide-74m3q92_nrBoV2nWo1vuURhFSExrOrkDq_mZqB-c3X4DUl5DQ_KO-_ZUuziSm9Fw=w800

Gillette Original Shave Foam
Treet Swift II & Treet Swift II Cartridge (2)
Pinaud Citrus Musk Eau de Cologne

Very much enjoying this Treet Platinum cartridge ... I think I'll carry on for the week with a return to the lovely Gillette Original Shave Cream.
I've had my eye on the Treet Swift II for a while now I may place an order as a early Christmas present to myself..I had a Trac II which I originally used for my head shaves then found the Gillette guard which became my new appointed head shaving tool, along with my injector & SE razors.

Last edited:
SOTD Sunday 5th November 2023
674358AD-70F7-443B-A9BF-86A7DD67D02B.jpeg
Prep - Imperial Leather face wash

Cream (?!?) - Shaved Ice by Lush brushless cream sample
Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Derby Extra (3)

Post - cold rinse, alum, another cold rinse, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Sensitive ASB, Hidden Code Sports EDT

When used correctly this Lush brushless shaving cream is not too bad, have to keep reapplying to keep some slickness and cushion but ok. The Shaved Ice flavour being quite menthol-y (much nicer smelling than the Dirty version, which I think is headed for the bin!)

I like Shark blades and was recently introduced to Treet blades which I now also like, however I think that the little Merkur with Derby Extra’s is my favourite combination.

Thank God we put Woofles in the safety of kennels as we are currently suffering the third nightmare night in a row, each worse than the one before, how these people can complain about the cost of living and whinge about not being able to afford heating and food, and then blow through thousands of pounds of f**king fireworks in one never ending weekend is beyond me!!

Grruummpp!!!

I've had my eye on the Treet Swift II for a while now I may place an order as a early Christmas present to myself..I had a Trak II which I originally used for my head shaves then found the Gillette guard which became my new appointed head shaving tool, along with my injector & SE razors.

Bag it while they're still available ...

The metal part of the handle is exactly the same as the Gillette Trac-II (1970s) with a slightly deeper plastic part making it altogether more sure in the hand. The cartridges are angled ever so slightly different and for that flat to the face, the handle needs lifting just a tad more. In use though, it doesn't actually make a jot of difference - the angle is easily found and maintained quite naturally.

While these cartridges last, they're probably the top of the heap for the II-format. Vintage just ain't cutting it when compared to the modern Blue-II. Alas, I can't see the Swift in the present repertoire on Treet's website. I much prefer the II format to the pivoting Gillette Sensor (2/3 blade) or the trailing head of the Gillette Mach3 (although in a 5 format, the trailing head suits me quite well).

Oh, and no gloop strip on the Swift II.

Bag it while they're still available ...

The metal part of the handle is exactly the same as the Gillette Trac-II (1970s) with a slightly deeper plastic part making it altogether more sure in the hand. The cartridges are angled ever so slightly different and for that flat to the face, the handle needs lifting just a tad more. In use though, it doesn't actually make a jot of difference - the angle is easily found and maintained quite naturally.

While these cartridges last, they're probably the top of the heap for the II-format. Vintage just ain't cutting it when compared to the modern Blue-II. Alas, I can't see the Swift in the present repertoire on Treet's website. I much prefer the II format to the pivoting Gillette Sensor (2/3 blade) or the trailing head of the Gillette Mach3 (although in a 5 format, the trailing head suits me quite well).

Oh, and no gloop strip on the Swift II.
My order has been placed, thanks for the honest insight.

SOTD Sunday 5th November 2023
View attachment 113110
Prep - Imperial Leather face wash

Cream (?!?) - Shaved Ice by Lush brushless cream sample
Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Derby Extra (3)

Post - cold rinse, alum, another cold rinse, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Sensitive ASB, Hidden Code Sports EDT

When used correctly this Lush brushless shaving cream is not too bad, have to keep reapplying to keep some slickness and cushion but ok. The Shaved Ice flavour being quite menthol-y (much nicer smelling than the Dirty version, which I think is headed for the bin!)

I like Shark blades and was recently introduced to Treet blades which I now also like, however I think that the little Merkur with Derby Extra’s is my favourite combination.

Thank God we put Woofles in the safety of kennels as we are currently suffering the third nightmare night in a row, each worse than the one before, how these people can complain about the cost of living and whinge about not being able to afford heating and food, and then blow through thousands of pounds of f**king fireworks in one never ending weekend is beyond me!!

Grruummpp!!!
I totally agree with your Grruummpp!!!, at least woofles is away and not distracted & stressed out by the fireworks madness.

PXL_20231105_211055716~2.jpg
Palmolive was one of the first creams I used so the scent is a bit nostalgic for me. the aluminium tech is very light, short, thin handled and nice and comfortable. I think it has become one of my favourite razors, despite the mildness, or maybe because of it. did a great job for a relaxing evening head shave and really smooth.

Last edited:
IMG_3681.jpeg
SOTD: 04/11/2023

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Proshave S, 5th use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Hard Puck Puck
Aftershave: HC&C Badass Aftershave
Scent Oil: HC&C Badass

My repaired brush was never finished as well as it is now @gile has finished it and sealed it properly! It looks better than it ever did beforehand! The HC&C Badass splash is amazing it’s like a combination of Seaforth Spiced lime and PAA Future Fiction, a citrus and oakmoss delight.

Razor = Occam’s Oren •••
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 3 )
Brush = Shavemac 400 ATG Group Buy 2016
Soap = Wickham's May Chang with matching splash
Balm = L’occitane
IMG_3109.jpegThis was last nights shave and a cracking relaxing shave after a cot of heavy days / nights on the beer.
Saturday night in Batam or seedy street as i like to call it,
Last weekend in the job i should be home Saturday or should be flying saturday.
This Scent on the soap is up there with the best,
I’m unsure if i have any soap woth such a fine scent.
Another Soap i doubt i’ll be without.
Still a bit rough this morning so i bid you farewell & enjoy your week ahead.
As Always Stay Safe

Mon 6
Soap & Aftershave PAA Astra Planeta & Clubman Musk
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor & Blade Edwin Jagger DE89L + American Shave Platinum
New Soap & AS. 1st experience with a CK6 base. The lather was easily whip-up into a richly creamy and slick...the scent...mmm. OTH, this is a splash I've been wanting for a long time and it did not disappoint...smelling wonderful but did not last...The razor paired with the blade was a perfect combo providing an effortlessly smooth and comfortable shave...
20231106_104046.jpg

Back
Top Bottom