SOTD: Saturday 4 November - Friday 10 November 2023.

SOTD: 4th November 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush: AP Shave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: LEA Classic Sensitive Shaving Cream.
Razor: EJ DE89. 'kelvin.'(Face) - Lord Silver Star . (D1)
Razor: Supply V2 (**) base plate. (Head) - Personna Injector PTFE. (D2)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./ Floid Mentolado Vigoroso ASL.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

New set up to start the weekend... my recent sandalwood fragranced shave have made me reach for the LEA Classic Sensitive Shaving Cream which i haven't used in some time and is great for the autumn & winter months. The sandalwood scent is different comparing it to the Proraso sandalwood scent it's more of a light fresh sweet scent to my nose with a nice mild menthol kick feel and pairs together really well with the Floid ASL.

The dependable Supply V2 as always mowed through my head stubble with effortless ease. Injector razors are such comfortable efficient shaving tools especially for head shaving.

A close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Floid Mentolado Vigoroso ASL.

My face & precious swede are both feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 04-Nov
20231103_144107.jpg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: B&M Lavender
Razor: Razorock Wunderbar
Blade: Treet Platinum

Close enough shave, first use of the treet (just never got around to it), decent enough on guest use but not quite as smooth as the wiz out the gate. We'll see how it is tomorrow.

Heading to York to pick the little one up from the grandparents, quick wander around my old stomping ground then back to deepest darkest North Wales, hope everyone has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

Saturday 4th November
General Brass - Schick Proline P #4 - Highlander TSR LE 2023 - OSP Sandalwood - Irisch Moos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20231103-214619-01.jpg

Sat 4
Soap & Aftershave PAA Al Fin + Clubman Sweet Rum
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 "Fine India Steel"
New soap & splash. The soap's lather is rich, creamy, and slick enough but the scent...hmmm kinda light to detect anything. This Rum AS though, is smelling much better...prefer it to the VIBR, even my SO approved...
An enjoyable shave with this excellent smooth and comfortable razor...
20231104_154257.jpg

Saturday 4th November
A while back I signed up for a crowd fund start up for My-Blades after great experience with a single blade sample that I received with some razor or other. Check them out on the net. I just received a box of 100, should last a few weeks :ROFLMAO:
So, Gillette Toggle set on *5, My-Blades Platinum 2nd use, Mitchell’s Wool Fat, vintage brush with new bristle knot. This soap doesn’t cream easily in our hard water here but it is soft on the face and non irritating. So 2 passes and pick ups for an overall fine bbs shave and now ready for the weekend and whatever it brings. Oh and I had a small weeper on my neck, too cavalier by half, it was early though.
Have an enjoyable weekend fellas!

IMG_0363.jpeg

4 November

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Simpson Chubby 2
Blackland Blackbird
Kai Stainless
ES Intensive Moisturiser

ACCCAD81-7278-401C-ACC7-0C0B3212505C.jpeg
The Kai blade is an excellent match to the Blackbird, for me. Smooth and close. The Chubby 2 with Sovereign Fibre is a bit of a disappointment. The handle is fine but the knot is somewhat… generic. It doesn’t have the full on density of a “Chubby” that I would expect. It feels a smaller and less dense knot than the one in my Trafalgar T3, although they are both nominally 26mm knots. “Chubby” in name only. A generic synthetic knot in an expensive handle? Grumbling aside, it whipped up a terrific leather with the Barrister’s soap and felt very comfortable on the skin, so not at all bad then. To end on a brighter note (than the weather), the Executive Shaving Intensive Moisturiser makes for an excellent unscented aftershave balm.

Sat 4th November

Aleppo soap - Shave pre wash
RR 400- SE Plissoft noir
Cyril Salter Solid soap
Occams Oren - 3 dot plate
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 5 )
Pitralon Classic A/S.

With my skin feeling much better, I think that I could start to enjoy Shaves a lot more if my last one with The Enoch is anything to go by. Today I used the unlikely looking Oren, which actually is a very capable Razor which delivers with ease nice close Shaves. Very nice today and without any problem I was able to use an A/S which caused no problems.

IMG_0237.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom