SOTD: Saturday 4 November - Friday 10 November 2023.

Saturday 4th November

ADCreHdntVS2nE50tnnEUqerDqI-PYTMIMww13JEtWC_CUPkx06V_P5rfT72fGGH_UmBoNwfdSStgcHJsKVf8C3Y_Nwt5ufllUGcul5opPVn-LxzUf_F7rH6h0ZYFy3lxy2T0LAi9DPh3JQf0TC2KGFlGbFSpw=w800

Gillette Original Shaving Foam
Treet Swift II & Treet Swift II Cartridge (1)
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Excitedly trying my new acquisition, this Treet Swift II razor and cartridge combo ...

On the back of the package is some detail on the blades, citing them as platinum. So, I was expecting something like the Treet Platinum but on a slightly firmer blade ... and two of them. In use, I was met with something more like the Treet 7 Days Platinum which, to my face, was everything that the regular Treet Platinum is but a tad sharper and longer lasting.

Absolutely lovely! Absolutely the best of the II-type cartridges that I have used ... and that pips one Wilkinson Sword cartridge that I got with an Aramis gift set that I've held at that lofty position for some years.

And for my first entry for this new week of SOTD's I hereby present a shave so classified and top secret that even the people at the Society House In Theming Things procrastinated on what theme to award. A discretionate approach just in case they were caught by the National Association for Defending Secrets.

So after some deliberation it was decided to award the theme 'X'. Lawyers are presently at work making sure the letter X hasn't been trademarked by Elon Musk.

So secret I am only allowed to publish a picture of the razor and so apologies from Satan Towers

20231104_163516.jpg

:censored: razor - Lambda Athena
:censored: blade - Feather
:censored: brush - :censored:
:censored: soap - :censored:
:censored: balm - :censored:
:censored: scent - :censored:

'And don't close the door on your NADS'

A top drawer top secret shave for which all I am allowed to say is, 'effing superlative'. This razor is certainly a runner in the SPOTTY awards due next month. The rest of the secret shaver will be revealed during this following week.

On the point of being secretive, I received an email from some chap telling me to deposit some $1200 in to a crypto account and in return he promised not to send some video or other of me self-pleasuring to all my mail contacts. I was instructed to keep it all under wraps and not involve anyone or any authority.

Sod that I thought, so I made my own and sent it to everyone to save myself $1200. So far the only people I have heard back from are my bank, my company and the Merseyside vice squad. His video couldn't have been me anyway, I'm right handed.

I have never had any interest in hamsters at the best of times and it couldn't have been X-hamster as there is still a question over the Elon Musk thing.

From hamsters to beavers. It just has to be those girls from Otoboke....

Last edited:
4 November

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Simpson Chubby 2
Blackland Blackbird
Kai Stainless
ES Intensive Moisturiser

View attachment 113065
The Kai blade is an excellent match to the Blackbird, for me. Smooth and close. The Chubby 2 with Sovereign Fibre is a bit of a disappointment. The handle is fine but the knot is somewhat… generic. It doesn’t have the full on density of a “Chubby” that I would expect. It feels a smaller and less dense knot than the one in my Trafalgar T3, although they are both nominally 26mm knots. “Chubby” in name only. A generic synthetic knot in an expensive handle? Grumbling aside, it whipped up a terrific leather with the Barrister’s soap and felt very comfortable on the skin, so not at all bad then. To end on a brighter note (than the weather), the Executive Shaving Intensive Moisturiser makes for an excellent unscented aftershave balm.
So you'll be selling the Chubby? I love Simpson synthetics.

Saturday 4th November

ADCreHdntVS2nE50tnnEUqerDqI-PYTMIMww13JEtWC_CUPkx06V_P5rfT72fGGH_UmBoNwfdSStgcHJsKVf8C3Y_Nwt5ufllUGcul5opPVn-LxzUf_F7rH6h0ZYFy3lxy2T0LAi9DPh3JQf0TC2KGFlGbFSpw=w800

Gillette Original Shaving Foam
Treet Swift II & Treet Swift II Cartridge (1)
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Excitedly trying my new acquisition, this Treet Swift II razor and cartridge combo ...

On the back of the package is some detail on the blades, citing them as platinum. So, I was expecting something like the Treet Platinum but on a slightly firmer blade ... and two of them. In use, I was met with something more like the Treet 7 Days Platinum which, to my face, was everything that the regular Treet Platinum is but a tad sharper and longer lasting.

Absolutely lovely! Absolutely the best of the II-type cartridges that I have used ... and that pips one Wilkinson Sword cartridge that I got with an Aramis gift set that I've held at that lofty position for some years.
Where was it you bought the Treet Swift II?

SOTD: 5th November 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Clubman Pinaud Shaving Soap.
Blade: Lord Silver Star. (D2)
Razor: EJ DE89. 'kelvin.'

Cold water Face wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel/L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./Pashana ASL.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Everything in my shave set up worked together wonderfully.

The Clubman Pinaud soap, L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB & Pashana ASL pair together superbly an ideal trio set up for autumn & winter shaves.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups smooth shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Pashana ASL.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen and don't forget to keep your pets indoors this evening and safe from harm while enjoying the bonfire-Guy Fawkes night festivities. (UK) :cool:

SOTD 05-Nov
20231105_084453-01.jpeg
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: HoM Shire 2
Razor: Frederick Reynolds Swayback

Smooth finish and wonderful scent, I'm hoping that some of the Shire 2 EDP might make it over to this side of the pond via Anticatura (one day), otherwise the hunt will begin to find something that complements it in the fragrance department.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 04/11/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 4th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

SOTD: 05/11/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 5th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Acqua Di Parma Barbiere Cream
Balm: Acqua di Parma Barbiere Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy the weekend!

Sun 5th November
Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
The Grosvenor 404mixed
MWF
Alpha Claymore Evolution- original
Feather Proguard ( 1 )
Floid Vigoroso A/S lotion

Nice to be enjoying Shaving again now my problem of dry skin has been alleviated. Got out my original Claymore Evolution which was limited to Feather blades. I have found that with a Proguard on board I can work away at all those remaining stubborn bits, and clear them easily without the danger of going too deep as one might with other blades - no tugging !

IMG_0238.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom