Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Village Barber Pre-shave oil
Soap: i Coloniali Rituals - Mango
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Brush: Muhle 23mm Kosmo synthetic
Razor: Gem Junior Bar + templ8 50mm handle
Blade: Gem (2)
After: WH, Myrsol Plastic AS, Coral Skin Food

I've been trying out using a car mobile phone holder as a shaving brush stand for a few days now. The main reason I wasn't happy with my brush stand was because not all my brushes fitted properly. This spring-loaded clamp has no problem holding onto my heavy Muhle resin brush and it allows me to position the brush upwards or downwards (or even sideways). Since my brushes don't drip I can see no point in having anything below the brush so easy to clean the sink top below it (I don't usually have all the other shaving stuff next to the clamp - it was just for this photo.)
Anyhow, a great BBS shave from today's setup. I've been using an injector for the last few days and I must say this beats it hands down.

Enjoy your Sunday, folks.

SOTD_20151004_zpspo3s5yef.jpg

A pair of Paragons. Freshly honed, one finished on a Naniwa 12k and one on a charnley forest (after a bit of 12k). I wanted to see what the cf would add. Both good, but cf one was a touch smoother.

Caties Bubbles Glace Herbe
Shavemac 102 28mm
38ff4af1-354d-4831-a69e-06bd984bf86b_zpsmwi2jte4.jpg

Sunday 4 October 2015

214269d1443958192-sun-october-04th-sat-october-10th-sotd-04102015.jpg

Traveling with a Mastro Livi Grifetto 60

In this business trip I took with me my newest Mastro Livi Grifetto 60. How could it be different? Not only for the fact Grifetto is a magnificent shaver - both true for "regular" Grifetto and the celebration "Grifetto 60" - but also because this one is a very special and exclusive razor, celebrating 60 years of career committed to the straight razor of one of the greatest artisans and craftsmen of the world, not to mention, a dear friend of mine. This Grifetto 60 shaves wonderfully and very smooth, very effective with a stunning performance like every Mastro Livi razor. I am sure this is a great companion for my trip. This Mastro Livi Grifetto 60 "unlimited edition" is absolutely awesome!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Aquagena
  • Brush: Omega Bristle #89
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Grifetto 60, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum

Greetings

Sunday 4th October 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gillette 'Old' Mayfair Set
Blade: Treet Durasharp Carbon
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Nanny's Arabian Nights
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Eau de Rochas Homme

Regards
Dick.

DSC06282.JPG

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

BSB 400 homage in HMW
Schick M type adjustable/Schick twin (NOS)
Kramperts Acadian Spice bay rum SC
Kramperts AS and more used like cologne.

After 6-7 shaves this blade is still going fine and it keeps leaving my face just a little smoother than usual.

BBS results,

Martin

IMG_1909_Fotor.jpg

Bulldog Face Wash
Essence of Scotland Mountain Yew w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Gillette 'Psycho' Tech & Treet Carbon (3)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Pashana Original Aftershave & Hair Tonic
Madani Perfumes Musk al Kastoori

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & WTG (Slide)

Final shave in this enjoyable diversion into double edge razors just to finish off the blade. Champion!

I tell you what! Those Essence of Scotland soaps are good! I believe they're made by Shetland Soaps but sold by The Gentleman's Groom Room up in Dundee; lovely aromatics and honey in the mix. Mountain Yew is juniper, for folks needing a translation, and at that I think I'm ready for a G&T.

Cheers, all!

Back
Top Bottom