SOTD : Saturday 3rd April to Friday 9th April 2021.

Tuesday 6th April

Zenith 507U Boar - Culmak Soap - Supply V1/Personna - Florida Water

I have eventually (in my own mind) identified the scent of the Culmak soap. Unlike many of the traditional soaps it doesn't have a mild lavender scent. It is quite spicy and to my nose.....I think it is lightly scented with Nag Champa. I like it! The Supply single edge is currently my favourite injector as it can be hand loaded and I have too many faulty Personna cassettes which are incapable of loading the traditional way.

3 passes for a perfect 'Face Feeling Finish':)

Tuesday

Proraso Sandalwood
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Aristocrat (New Improved, England, 1922)
Gillette London Bridge
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Proraso Sandalwood after shave

A fantastic shave from 77g (not including blade) of loveliness. A hefty ‘Don’t-F*ck-With-Me’ piece of cutlery; but smooth as you like with a light touch.

0CF9A0F6-2982-48A7-8496-877216AF43F1.jpeg

Tuesday 6th April 2021
IMG_20210406_113840_2~4.jpg

Razor - Blackland Tradere Gen 2 SB
Blade - Gillette Bleue NOS
Soap - Simpsons Luxury shaving cream
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Ti V1 Rhodium Silvertip
Post - Thayer's Astringent
Frag - YSL Opium EdP

Another wonderful shave using the razor that was kindly loaned to me by our very own @Tony'schin :) thank you Tony.
I would like to try a feather blade in this razor before I send it home but it certainly works well with these Gillette Bleue blades and has left me with a super finish again.

Until the next time, let's be careful out there!

Paul.

SOTD : 6th April 2021.

View attachment 67663

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Proraso Sensitive.
Blade: Gillette Winner Stainless. (D3)
Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./The Real Shaving Co.~ Post Shave Soothing Balm./Dana ~ English Leather ASL.

Greetings,

A early morning returning to work shave after been furloughed since early December 2020...I'm now on permanent dayshift for the foreseeable future, and for the next 5-6 weeks the returning furloughed workers are on a 3 day 8 hour shift rota due to covid-19 UK working regulations. So this week i work for the next two days then I am off until the following Monday!...Anyway it'll be good for me to get back into the swing of things and have some real interaction with my fellow workers face to face rather than talking to them on the phone, text and emails... At least i have a job until i get myself something with more stability. The extra days off will give me a opportunity to look for something better...Even though everyone i work with are in the same frame of mind but, you have speculate to accumulate and get off your arse and find it.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Dana ~ English Leather ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Great news P Fox.

6/4/21

Pre - Cien Soap Free Facial Wash
Brush - Zenith Euro X Boar
Soap - Tabac Stick
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Gillette Winner Stainless (2)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Akcay Tobacco

SoTd
This one was absolutely marvellous my number 1 favourite razor along with my favourite scent the usual great Wickhams performance..first time trying the balm and it’s excellent, the Dr Harris tied in very nicely. That wonderful rose scent has really helped me to relax after a stressful couple of weeks feeling smooth and refreshed E4EE6E89-B1A5-4570-9DBA-7F9819476350.jpeg

SoTd
This one was absolutely marvellous my number 1 favourite razor along with my favourite scent the usual great Wickhams performance..first time trying the balm and it’s excellent, the Dr Harris tied in very nicely. That wonderful rose scent has really helped me to relax after a stressful couple of weeks feeling smooth and refreshed View attachment 67700
Looks a Great Shave Jay !

06/04/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water Face wash with Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap: Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor: Razorock Hawk Stainless "A"
Blade: Kai Titan Pink (6)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Arran soap Co. Machrie
Aftershave: Arran soap Co. Machrie

WK14 (4).JPG
Normal service is resumed, i did get a little irritation and also noticed a couple of bumps around the chin last night and my skin was a little tender today, this could have been down to the weather this morning as we are back into Winter again up here.
A nice comfortable 3 pass shave for a BBS finish although i did manage to catch a bump on my chin leaving me with a small nick, its been a while since i used the Nik-Stick and it sorted it out quickly.
I am thinking of ditching the Polsilver for tomorrows shave, i really wish i could get on with them????
Anyway, stay safe and enjoy your day All

Back
Top Bottom