SOTD : Saturday 31th July to Friday 6th August July 2021.

This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso alu - R plate
blade - Tiger - grrrrrrrrrrrr! - that's the noise tigers make - (2)
brush - Simpson - Special best
soap - Speick cream
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea - 2 in 1
balm - none
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

Grand Ted! A great shave for the lads! I meant to continue the experiment from my last visit to the den - does anything after the witch hazel really make any difference? I forgot. Went into auto pilot. I don't think about shaving - when I'm shaving - if that makes any sense. Muscle memory mostly, and my mind is left free to drift. If you have just got your first razor and soap - under no circumstances try this approach - you will cut yourself up a treat. It takes time and experience for shaving to become zen like. Worth it though. Enjoy yours - one and all - I.

@Pat-W - my frank apologies to you for ripping off your picture style. It was dark when I got home - Petzl ahoy. As you know - I'm strictly daylight otherwise.

Last edited:
Fri 6 SR SOTD
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Red Imp 132
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + HA + Cella Milano Splash.
Just always reliable performance from this soap. Pleasant scent, gorgeously creamy and slick lather easily whip-up...
This inaugural shave with the razor shows why eBay shave-ready razors are most of the time incorrect...to me as least. After barely 1 pass, change to ZY430 to complete 3passes for a sas+ result. Red Imp has a date with an Ozuku soon.

For all shaves, I used either my Omega boar, or Stirling 24mm Badger fan. Lupo .72 and unscented balm, with the following changes:
04 - GSB blade, Stirling Babershop soap and splash
05 - Big Ben blade, HSSC Reflections soap and splash - much better than I expected from the Big Ben
06 - Perma-Sharp blade, Stirling Spice soap, witch hazel + Old Spice mix, full Old Spice to top off after about 10 minutes - brilliant close, smooth shave. This is probably my go-to blade, at the moment.

Petzl,I’d be lost without it.

Fingers crossed the demand is there, would be nice to be able to use one from both a practical and aesthetic standpoint. Cheers again and hope your release has gone well!

SOTD 06-Aug

Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: C&H Fanchurian
Soap: B&M Terror
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (2)

Great shave this morning, use 2 and 3 tend to be the sweet spot for me with feathers and the R41. Absolutely love the terror, good performance and a nice cold hit that builds with the longevity extended with the splash.

One word of warning though, take the red warning label seriously, especially if using the splash. Advice that I believe should be adhered to as if it were law:

Wash your hands thoroughly before going for a pee!

Feeling thoroughly chilled and ready for the day, hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc