SOTD : Saturday 31th July to Friday 6th August July 2021.

Friday Shave

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: Tabac New Vegan Formula
Brush: 28mm Shavemac Cashmere
Razor: Ertan Seur 6/8
Splash: Floid The Genuine
Balm: L'Occitane Original
EDT: Aramis Havanna

First time I used Tabac and have to say it was excellent , still thinking about the scent as can't decide if I liked that or not.

It’s the biz, Russ. I notice the concerns about the recent reformulation. I’ve just ordered a refill (not for panic buying; I am low). It’s been asked before, but amid all this negativity, has anyone actually tried the new formulation; or is it just assumed that the lack of tallow will automatically make it shite?

It’s the biz, Russ. I notice the concerns about the recent reformulation. I’ve just ordered a refill (not for panic buying; I am low). It’s been asked before, but amid all this negativity, has anyone actually tried the new formulation; or is it just assumed that the lack of tallow will automatically make it shite?
This was the new Formula Stephen and my view of it was it was excellent , Nice Rich Lather , Very Slick, With plenty of Cushion , Scent I am on the fence with , post shave was maybe not among the very best but for a mid range soap extremely good.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Friday 6th August 2021

Shave Score 9.9 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Signature Soaps - Patchouli Foaming Shower Wash
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: P&B Imperial Rum
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Karve Aluminium (D)
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (2)
Post Shave ASL: P&B Imperial Rum
Post Shave Balm: P&B Imperial Rum
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

A really nice shave with a great P&B set, and I tried the Karve with a D plate today, waaaayyyy more efficient, more blade feel, and more to my liking than the C plate I think.

Thankfully we have once more made it to Friday, have a good one all :)

Joe

D9805BC9-E05E-4E16-9AA0-7DBBC56D5244.jpeg

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Tiger Platinum ( 2 )
Brush = Simpson’s Duke 2 Best
Cream = Fitjar Islands Slåtterøy Sample
Splash = TOBS Eton College
Balm = Good Old Nivea

Hey Peeps :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:.
Anyway decent shave again today i haven’t used this cream in a number of months but i love the scent of sweet oranges
The Brush was a purchase from here on the BST and again a buy from Boycies Emporium.
Overall a cracking shave all round
Stay Safe Boys
8973419A-E735-43CE-9D06-F949B50C926E.png

Friday AM 2021-08-06
National Root Beer Float Day
Y4YiIz3.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge shaving soap
Wilkinson Bonded System (6)
Dopo Barba di Camaldoli

A bit too cool and damp here this morning for a root beer float, more like June than August. My old bones were more achy than usual when I got up, so my relaxing shave was especially appreciated. I add a few drops of Bulgarian Rose Absolute to the lather as a last minute thought, and it livened up the scent nicely. The Wilkinson razor gave me a very close, smooth shave, but it just isn't quite as enjoyable for me as my double edges. And the aftershave was wonderful, one of the most refreshing I have.
i4gztsy.jpg

Friday 6th August

Soap • Razorock Puros
Brush • Yaqi Mokka Express
Razor • 70's Gillete Tech/Bulldog handle
Blade • Willy's (1)
Post • Vitos Tobacco Aftershave
Scent • Mr Perfume Tobacco Vanille

Everything besides the aftershave and scent was from a very generous PIF, thanks again Paul @pjgh

The Tech razor was so smooth, I really couldn't feel the new to me blade, which did a fine job too
Vitos Tobacco Aftershave complemented Puros Tobacco Leaf soap quite nicely.

Friday 6th August

Soap • Razorock Puros
Brush • Yaqi Mokka Express
Razor • 70's Gillete Tech/Bulldog handle
Blade • Willy's (1)
Post • Vitos Tobacco Aftershave
Scent • Mr Perfume Tobacco Vanille

Everything besides the aftershave and scent was from a very generous PIF, thanks again Paul @pjgh

The Tech razor was so smooth, I really couldn't feel the new to me blade, which did a fine job too
Vitos Tobacco Aftershave complemented Puros Tobacco Leaf soap quite nicely.
Super! I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I think you said you'd not used a Tech before. Those late ones, while light, certainly (still) do a good job. Every other (ealier) Tech is heavier and better made ... and a nicer experience altogether. Maybe a rabbit hole to drop into?

Friday 6th August

AM-JKLX6RrFk6QpAf4B4y1BzqiPEyvyHAs2rtuWYiFHA2Jx3z65xQM-7bEr4ywgdbUGMEOE6uwl4HLO6VH9ppD5Rd1NzTlUAm8ItH-UZFqYk12ltPAGxvWaxArYDTASPUluT5yb6xGhu9ynKpdAOKeLwEznxtw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Boots Albany Mentholated (Vintage) Shaving Soap
Kent Infinity+ Silvertex Shaving Brush
Ever Ready 1924 (Brass)
GEM by Personna Stainless PTFE (5)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

In line with some notes I made about this Boots Albany Mentholated soap when I first test lathered it, in use this evening for a shave it is indeed a thick producing lather! Thickest I've seen! Mentholated? Yes, but not in the modern sense of the word, which is just too much and your face hurts; this is a gentle cooling waft of loveliness that punctuated the shave as the lather is moved around or shaved over. Truly delightful!

I then had a shower and inadvertently got my new EcoWarrior shampoo bar on my freshly shaved face, a soap which has orange and ginger essential oils in the mix! Yes, that brought some heat. All is well, though, with a good splash of Jovan Musk after drying off. Hey @RussellR5555 if you're struggling to find some love for Tabac, give this one a wide berth!

Last shave of this SOTD week and the theme 'Green'

IMG_20210805_202114.jpg

Not a green razor - Occams Enoch (not a great start to the theme so I must have lied or I am just rubbish)
A naff all green blade - Titan Mild
A green brush! - Yaqi Dandelion
A green coloured soap! - Extro Arzachena
Something similar splash! - Extro Arzachena

Seems an eon since I last dragged the Arzachena out and boy am I glad I did. Looks like a large petri dish of bacterial culture but fortunately doesn't lather like one. What a super green summer fresh scent. Pity it is pissing down here but nice to know the traditional British summer has returned. Deck chairs and brollies on Southport beach. Heaven.

The Yaqi makes short work of lathering up the face and ready to meet the weapon of choice for today. Bring it on, bring on the Enoch. The most strange name for a razor I can think of, but it delivers wonderfully so forgiven. Leans towards the aggressive side but very much at home with a Titan Mild and so easy to throw about. Nimble, nifty and effective. If I can't grin after this then I would have to be the most miserable man in the planet. I must be a happy soul. I am Enoched.

A great end to the week and a splash of the Arzachena to make sure I feel green and lean.
And you can shift all this shaving shite from the top of the bloody display cabinet you useless twat

To all you folk of this super forum I wish you, your families and your friends a most wondrous of weekends

I love you all

The return of Blood Stain Child and the brilliant track 'Freedom'. Well at least I think so

Back
Top Bottom