SOTD : Saturday 30th October to Friday 5th of November of 2021.

SOTD : 30th October 2021.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Vitos Vegetal shaving soap.
Blade: Willy's Premium.( D1)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face & head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./The Real Shaving Company PSSB.

Greetings,

' November Focus on one razor Month'

A new shave set up to start the Weekend....I haven't gave my Parker 98r a run out for a while, so for the remaining two days of October and the whole of November i will focus on using it pairing it up with a variety of subcontinent DE blades.

Maiden shave with the Willy's Premium which paired together with the Parker 98r very nicely with no issues making an efficiently smooth duo Indian razor & blade duo.

The Parker 98r was my first proper DE razor that i bought when i introduced myself to the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving... Not long after that in the same month i bought the Muhle R89 and the Merkur 34C HD...However, since then i have infrequently used the 98r, so it will be good to reacquaint myself to this hefty efficient Indian made DE razor and give it some attention it rightly deserves.

After recently re reacquainting myself to the Cella Crema Da Barba shave cream my intention was to use it again today....However, after noticing the Vitos Vegetal shaving soap i went for the Vitos Vegetal another equally wonderfully 'Full On' vibrant sweet almond scented shaving soap to start my weekend off in style. If you like almond scented shaving products this soap will blow you always with it's fragrance performance and post shave feel...Superb stuff!

A very enjoyable close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of The Real Shaving Company PSSB.

My face & precious swede are both feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
A good day to all and I start this new week of SOTD's with a thematically entitled shave, 'Tatara. The dogs Nodachis'

20211029_203647.jpg

The dog's dangles - Tatara Nodachi
Pads and nads - Gillette 7 O'clock
Bruno's bollocks - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Canine cobblers - MDC Rose
Mutts nuts - The Bath House rose

A second bit of face time with the Nodachi and a second time impressed. My thoughts remain exactly the same and my face feels the dogs bollocks. And probably looks the same.

That is being ugly for you.

Have a wonderful weekend forum folk and enjoy your shave time.

And a very fittingly named bunch of Japanese ladies to go with this shave

Today's shave:

rdt211030ipjxj.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Lyssa
- Yaqi Red Marble Finest
- Game Changer with Yaqi handle and ASP blade
- Rockwell Soul aftershave

:D

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 30th October 2021

Shave Score 9.8

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Croap: Saponificio Bignoli - Sandalo Indiano
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RazoRock Gamechanger .84 SB
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Post Shave ASL: Old Spice - Hawkridge
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Ben Macdui (Rosemary & Sandalwood)
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: Aramis

My all time favourite Sandalwood Croap, I really must buy the matching ASL.
I love the Karve I have and look forward to a new Karve on the way, but wow I had forgotten how good the GC .84 actually was, now this achieves a BBS/FF very very easily indeed, the Barts also gave the normal silky feel finish :)

It was nice to be able to take real time and enjoy a shave again instead of rushing.

Have a great weekend all.

Joe

IMG_0292.jpeg

SOTD 30-Oct
DSC02534.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Longtown'
Soap: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: Parker InjRzr
Blade: Accutec Personna (1)

I half expected to wake up to the Parker show today with the number of purchases! This is my first use of an injector and it wasn't bad. I thought this might be a good intro and for the price thought 'why not'.

Dialed it up to 6 and went to work. Even on 6 this was nowhere near my preferred level. That being said it still did the job well, I got a bit of skipping on the ATG pass on the upper lip but I'll put that down to me not being used to a lightweight razor. Had I been creeping up into the £50-60 region I would have been disappointed but at its price point I wouldn't grumble.

I will say I do like the format, easy to see where you're going, the angle was intuitive and it handles well. I'll slip it into the rotation and see how I get on.

Hope everyone has a cracking weekend.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Sat 30 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor RazoRock SLOC
Blade SuperShaver X New & 1st use
Aftershave TGS Sea Citrus
Excellent lather from this soap. Rich, creamy, and very slick...pleasant scent too!
A good razor and a good blade too. Very smooth and comfortable but perhaps not as efficient combo...hmmm. 3passes without issues for a dfs result. Aftershave was great...
20211030_073212.jpg

Sat 30th sotd
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: Macduffs back country bourbon
Splash: Macduffs back country bourbon
Balm : arko unscented
Alum bloc
Razor: karve stainless D plate
Blade : permasharp 2nd use
Brush: alpha outlaw synthetic
Scent notes : spice , toasted oak , vanilla , patchouli , tonka bean , cedarwood

Went for the usual 3 pass shave this morning and went for Macduffs back country bourbon soap has a soft consistency similar to moon soaps the scent is really nice from the tub and also once lathered soap performed really well it had a nice lather and was perfect for bowl lathering also a nice scent from the splash the permasharp worked really well with the D plate all in a good shave
20211030_094823.jpg20211030_094833.jpg20211030_094849.jpg20211030_094938.jpg20211030_095037.jpg20211030_095258.jpg20211030_095349.jpg20211030_101121.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Hive Moaksoft HD Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Karve SS 'SB-D' / Vintage Gillette US Spoiler #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Saturday October 30, 2021
Razor: Ever Ready Streamline
Blade: Gem
Brush: Smattayu Sorrentino Sea Foam
Soap: Signature Soaps Hibernia
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Pinaud Citrus Musk
Fragrance: John Varvatos Dark Rebel
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,088

Took the new to me Streamline for a spin today and I love the heft of these baby's as well as the more blade feel. What a nice, close and drama free shave. I'm told this is the earlier model and I don't know which is more aggressive as one is purported to be, but this was a great shave. I just had to be mindful of pressure compared to a 1912. I can't say anything about this soap that most don't know already. The scent is a great citrus lemon and lime to me with other stuff playing in there for the more in tune schnozzles out there. Most in Europe know of @BrianH soaps but here in the states you can to get from Pastuer's although Brian ships to the states as well. That's it for now and hope all have a GREAT weekend !!
IMG_20211030_054705511_HDR.jpgIMG_20211030_055235939_HDR.jpg

Suffering from head up arse syndrome so a late SOTD

SOTD 14.jpg

Soap – Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Brush – Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor – Occam’s (#1)
Blade – Proguard (5)
A/S & Balm – Proraso Green

Not the usual methodical 3 passes + pickups. More of a free for all. For no apparent reason I found myself merrily hacking away in any old direction. Regardless, it was thoroughly satisfying and the end product was silky smooth. No issues and my face was clean to the squeak.

T&H cream is excellent. Scent is very mild and lacks a bit of punch but the lather is rich and creamy and very slick. Getting the lather just right makes all the difference for me with this cream. It doesn’t like too much water.
Finishing off with Proraso Green A/S and balm never fails to put a smile on my face and set me up for the day.

Have a good day everyone !

Back
Top Bottom