SOTD : Saturday 30th October to Friday 5th of November of 2021.

This morning before the granddaughters arrived, first use of the InjRzr.
I started off a little too mild and need to wind up for pass 1.
Truefitt & Hill used, so my daughter could see what she'd bought me and get a whiff of the afters.
Great shave and again, as per the Schick, quite intuitive to get the angle. DFS after 2 + pick ups.

Attachments

• IMG_20211030_084524__01.jpg
    IMG_20211030_084524__01.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 5
SOTD 15.jpg

Soap – Lea Cream
Brush – Vie Long 24mm synthetic
Razor – Blackland Blackbird
Blade – Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless
A/S & Balm – Nivea 2 Phase

After 5 consecutive shaves with the Occams razor I had to switch it up and no better way than with the Blackbird.
The Russian 7 O’clock is a favourite blade and this combo mows through stubble with clinical ease and efficiency. It cuts to the quick in rapid time and the sharp (ish) edges on the blade guards of this razor give it a really distinctive feel as you make the passes. It’s a fantastic shaver.
3 passes + pickups. Result = Awesome !
The Lea cream has an uncomplicated fresh, clean scent and gives me as good a shave as any more expensive creams from TOBS, T&H etc..
The Spanish shaving products I've tried are superb and so annoyingly cheap in their homeland.
Some of the family are on holiday in Spain next week so the shopping list is already made out.

Have a good weekend and enjoy your shaves !

30/10/21
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap - Hampshire Wool Fat #1 Patchouli & Cedarwood
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - TC's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil Balm
A/S - Signature Soaps Danum
Wk 44 (2).JPG
A very long time in the pipeline and very much worth the wait.
I had a wonderful lather from the HWF #1 and Alpha synth, building the lather on the face dipping the tips of the brush as i went, the consistency was just what i wanted, not too thick with a nice sheen.
I really do like the look of this razor, although i do have to say it is a lot lighter than i prefer, saying that it feels great in the hand. The shave angle was found pretty much straight away, probably due to my past use of the AS-D2. The Feather blade was really smooth throughout the shave and i was just about done in 2 passes WTG / ATG.
As i need the practice with this razor i completed a full XTG pass for good measure.
A face massage with my Patchouli and Cedarwood balm and Argan oil lotion finishing with @BrianH Danum splash woo.gif
BBS and so comfortable.
I will be using this razor quite a bit next month just to get the muscle memory going again.
I enjoyed that! Its a contender (y).
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Saturday, 30 October

PreShave: Warm to hot water—from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Astra sp (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

Today’s SOTD was a fine, three-pass shave with my usual Saturday setup, including the traditional Astra. Have a good start to the weekend folks.

30/10/21
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap - Hampshire Wool Fat #1 Patchouli & Cedarwood
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - TC's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil Balm
A/S - Signature Soaps Danum
View attachment 79217
A very long time in the pipeline and very much worth the wait.
I had a wonderful lather from the HWF #1 and Alpha synth, building the lather on the face dipping the tips of the brush as i went, the consistency was just what i wanted, not too thick with a nice sheen.
I really do like the look of this razor, although i do have to say it is a lot lighter than i prefer, saying that it feels great in the hand. The shave angle was found pretty much straight away, probably due to my past use of the AS-D2. The Feather blade was really smooth throughout the shave and i was just about done in 2 passes WTG / ATG.
A face massage with my Patchouli and Cedarwood balm and Argan oil lotion finishing with @BrianH Danum splash View attachment 79219
As i need the practice with this razor i completed a full XTG pass for good measure. BBS and so comfortable.
I will be using this razor quite a bit next month just to get the muscle memory going again.
I enjoyed that! Its a contender (y).
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
So Excited Reaction GIF

Thread '200 x Feather Blades - £30' https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/200-x-feather-blades-30.55649/

EEE229C8-C8F4-427F-87FB-A1431BBE9ACF.jpeg

SOTD: 30/10/2021

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Viking Sword, 2nd use
Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Prep: Shower and No. 7 daily exfoliating wash
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Astra Planeta Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Back to my DE and I’ve got to say I did miss them. My new SE/AC razors will be great I. The week or when I’m rushing but the DE have always been great and will forever be a happy shaving routine to have, banishing the days of bad cartridge shaves, stubble by mid day and face rashes. The Tatara will never be moved on but on last count my razors were at 13 so I think I’ve room to slim a few down.
love this soap it matches my newly acquired tkmaxx Italian soap Alchimia tobacco well and there’s definitely similarities with dare is say it tabac!

uD1No5z.jpg

Oct. 30, 2021 - The straight is out again

Been a while since the straight was out - having some chill time today I've decided to have a go at it with RigaRazor. 2 Passes for DFS.

Angle game was good, without much issues - nice and smooth.

The only issue is that I think for ATG I'm overstretching and it's causing some micro weepers. Not a huge amount but 4-5 or so, mainly on sides of the chin where I tend to stretch quite a bit and my growth is the thickest. Lather was good so that shouldn't have been an issue... Will play around and see in other shaves.

20 laps on Linen side of the strop, and 80 on the leather should see me to another good shave. Maybe tomorrow will reach for it too... who knows.

Razor = Nikky From Japan
Blade = Gillette 7 O’clock Sharpedge ( Yellow )
Brush = Turn N Shave 26mm Boar
Soap = Essence Of Scotland Scottish Heather
Splash = Myrsol Don Carlos
Balm = L’oréal Hydra Power
E4CE9D70-2B18-4C72-9C15-125E757A9847.jpeg

Brilliant Shave today
The Dury was out really as i hadn’t tried this razor before but it turned out to be very good
Iv bought a good few japanese razors over the last while but this was the first modern razor/cheapish type.
The Soap was also brilliant & the scent of Heather was first class.
A really surprisingly enjoyable shave
Onwards & Upwards Boys & GIRLS :)
Stay Safe

Back
Top Bottom