SOTD : Saturday 30th October to Friday 5th of November of 2021.

PS-Turkish Bar Soap
Brush-Muhle Synthetic
Soap-Arko {Tub)*
Blade-Personna
Razor-Parker Adjustable**
AS-Barts Sample E
AAS-Thayers

*I hadn’t used Arko for a few months so gave it a gallop. The tub is a couple of years old so the its sharp odour had departed. Gave its usual excellent lather no wonder Turkish barbers use little else!

**I was a bit doubtful about this razor when it arrived, looked better suited to opening sardine cans! However despite its light construction gave good results on the 6 setting.

Well done Palmolive Fox for restoring the Ordinals!

Saturday 30th October

AM-JKLWbDeriFtxFTjezDOzPNDaQE0V4lD1HWoYSf74uFHG4wD4zoYqYixy6E3LBVPXAvVVcnX5FRDYR7CkLHFWIYQkuuwbaxQwOmzEa4TdG1xUcSYpd-zNN2QYpRUmIsMuGlpFrLfjZYbbNzz_fZuE5vxF_JQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Moon Soaps Amaretto Shaving Cream
Omega S-Brush 10005 w/Synthetic Boar 24mm
Star Test Outfit
GEM by Personna (6)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave Cologne

These test outfit razors were to showcase ASR's be Star Cru-Steel and GEM Double Life blades - the razor frames were given away with packs of blades, so the home shaver could try them out without having to buy in a razor first. As such, they are simply "handles" (ping @TobyC) for the blade; the minimal amount of razor required to securely hold their marvellous new blades.

Fun! As a shave it is much more like the 1907 lather catcher than the 1914 "little lather catcher" which it is loosely based on.

AM-JKLUA3ydDHj6EEmPg2HGNqSUHLFgdGaytzftdzcCRfOgRNiic0oLVpjEtwJQLZ7jl4hy4fZ3VGU33zvPjnIQjHUxhv2EFW_KkMrfZol_taM5S8eo-FiC-gLXpk_hxBNqcqs-GViV2LkfLUSolhbeMZsYXrw=w800

Saturday 30th October

AM-JKLWbDeriFtxFTjezDOzPNDaQE0V4lD1HWoYSf74uFHG4wD4zoYqYixy6E3LBVPXAvVVcnX5FRDYR7CkLHFWIYQkuuwbaxQwOmzEa4TdG1xUcSYpd-zNN2QYpRUmIsMuGlpFrLfjZYbbNzz_fZuE5vxF_JQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Moon Soaps Amaretto Shaving Cream
Omega S-Brush 10005 w/Synthetic Boar 24mm
Star Test Outfit
GEM by Personna (6)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave Cologne

These test outfit razors were to showcase ASR's be Star Cru-Steel and GEM Double Life blades - the razor frames were given away with packs of blades, so the home shaver could try them out without having to buy in a razor first. As such, they are simply "handles" (ping @TobyC) for the blade; the minimal amount of razor required to securely hold their marvellous new blades.

Fun! As a shave it is much more like the 1907 lather catcher than the 1914 "little lather catcher" which it is loosely based on.

AM-JKLUA3ydDHj6EEmPg2HGNqSUHLFgdGaytzftdzcCRfOgRNiic0oLVpjEtwJQLZ7jl4hy4fZ3VGU33zvPjnIQjHUxhv2EFW_KkMrfZol_taM5S8eo-FiC-gLXpk_hxBNqcqs-GViV2LkfLUSolhbeMZsYXrw=w800
I'll give ya ten bucks for one if you cover the shipping! :p

Mühle R89 razor
Gillette London Bridge blade (#1)
YaQi Mew Brown 24mm brush
Gillette Cool Wave AS
Stirling Sheep soap

I have never been a lover of the Merkur/E. Jagger/Mühle style scalloped head razor style, but I have to admit today's shave on a 2 day beard was superb. However, in all sincerity I am going to give most credit to the incredible Stirling mutton tallow soap. Yes, it is that good. ;)

MOeBMIs.jpg

uD1No5z.jpg

Oct. 30, 2021 - The straight is out again

Been a while since the straight was out - having some chill time today I've decided to have a go at it with RigaRazor. 2 Passes for DFS.

Angle game was good, without much issues - nice and smooth.

The only issue is that I think for ATG I'm overstretching and it's causing some micro weepers. Not a huge amount but 4-5 or so, mainly on sides of the chin where I tend to stretch quite a bit and my growth is the thickest. Lather was good so that shouldn't have been an issue... Will play around and see in other shaves.

20 laps on Linen side of the strop, and 80 on the leather should see me to another good shave. Maybe tomorrow will reach for it too... who knows.
Beautiful Shave.

Sun 31 SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor Gillette Goodwill
Blade SuperShaver X 2nd Use
Aftershave TGS Sea Citrus
Another excellent soap with nice aquatic scent and creamily thick slick lather...
This blade performs better when paired with the razor. Really easy, smooth and comfortable 3passes for a bbs finish without any issues. Matching aftershave was great too.
20211031_063219.jpg

SOTD : 31st October 2021.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Chinese Unbranded Horsehair.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Cream.
Blade: Willy's Premium.(D2)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Attraction Totale ASL./Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Halloween Sunday morning shave.

Since i was kid, Halloween night has always been something i've looked forward to having the usual mass visiting Trick-orTreating presence from Wolverines, Michael Myers, Witches, Werewolfs, Mother-In Laws, Zombies, Vampires, Frankensteins, Mummys & Daddys, Beatlejuices, Batmans, Batwomen, Jokers, Freddy Kruegers,Chuckys,Jason Voorhees knocking on the door queuing up for the boat load of goodies people normally have for them around the world to mark this 'spooky Halloween Trick-or Treating event'.

As like last year with the Covid-19 pandemic I've had to modify the normal Trick-or Treating activities for this evening and will be leaving some spooky goodies near the front door for the usual Halloween suspects to share & enjoy.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your 'Spooky Halloween Sunday' ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom