SOTD : Saturday 30th October to Friday 5th of November of 2021.

Nov. 4, 2021
Second shave with Seaforth spiced sample - Lathers up with ease in the bowl, and nice scent - very spicy.
Personally I prefer the scent of the toner a bit more - got the same kick, however it's not as murky (the effect of soap being a medium). Nice, but wouldn't be my preference.

3 passes for near BBS all over the place - quite happy with that.

D plate seems to be nice as a daily shaver for me - aggressive enough to my liking, but also not overly, so I can still go on with autopilot mode.
One small weeper due to user error. Other than that - brilliant!

PreShave: Shower then Cube - unscented

Soap: HWF blend

Brush: RR 400

Razor: Tatara Masamune

Blade: Feather #1

Post Shave: Alum block - Cien - Aqua

DE Shave #38

First shave with the Masamune resulted in a beautifully smooth shave.

I am not a fan of Feather blades, I've tried them in four razors and they have drawn blood every time.

Although I prefer the scent of the HWF #3 none of them stood out to me, so to reduce the number of soap pots in my den I blended all three into one.

I wanted to share my joy, the other day I became a grandfather! My daughter gave me a little miracle, a granddaughter!

Arran sense of Scotland shaving soap
Wolf whiskers shaving brush
Phoenix shaving DOC razor
Gillette 7 o'clock blade
Clubman pinaud aftershave

And a massive congratulations from here. What a wonderful status being a grandparent is and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

8e1cbce1cb74f9c8fa04a851dce4f6c4.jpg

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 (shimmed to much higher gap)
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts - “Cellar Door”
Soap: Ethos DFS Collab. (sample)
Aftershave: McDuffs - Winter Cabin
Blade: Feather

Thursday, 4th November

A4CC4E03-D22D-4077-A1DE-477EE73F6ADF.jpeg

Gillette Flare Tip Rocket, Voskhod, ShedEleven Hand Carved Oak w/Oumo 2 Band Synthetic, Ach Brito Mogno, Benjamin’s Bay Rum, Astral

Lovely, close and comfortable shave with another favourite vintage Gillette and this glorious soap (thanks to @donnie_arko ). Must order more Voskhods as they really are very smooth with good sharpness. Matron approves. Have a good one, chaps.

Thursday, 4th November

A4CC4E03-D22D-4077-A1DE-477EE73F6ADF.jpeg

Gillette Flare Tip Rocket, Voskhod, ShedEleven Hand Carved Oak w/Oumo 2 Band Synthetic, Ach Brito Mogno, Benjamin’s Bay Rum, Astral

Lovely, close and comfortable shave with another favourite vintage Gillette and this glorious soap (thanks to @donnie_arko ). Must order more Voskhods as they really are very smooth with good sharpness. Matron approves. Have a good one, chaps.
I love that brush handle

Thursday 4th November

AM-JKLVUEK3tkplSSDxXFLJIiELUYRds2D3GpCq6kwrqmXsxNIcsm8JI5seMpcHWPG5IkZZgh4cEkTsfavqr21nrhCJ4LaVBaB2fm487cDPO185iCDiAU4Mx13LUOg3vGnE-KHX7vsvh8jdOtuuVIZ16yvDtVg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Imperial Leather Shaving Bowl (Vintage)
Semogue SOC 'Rutger' Butterscotch w/Blonde Boar 24mm
GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip
GEM by Personna (4)
Imperial Leather Aftershave (Vintage)

Piloting this, what I believe to be, box-fresh GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip on its maiden voyage ...

What a super retro-shave!

Back
Top Bottom