SOTD : Saturday 30th October to Friday 5th of November of 2021.

Brill! I do have a good few of his blends; this being a single scent attar, it should be really clear and sounds like it is. Super! Khus is indeed the grassiness above the vetiver root, so yes ... it should be earthy but more so, fresh green.
Perfect description. It's a bit like going to a really good Nepalese Restaurant we have locally. An overall effect.....with the ability to differentiate the individual constituents! I have a few Vetiver scents.....and this tops them all!

05/11/2021

Razor: Classic Cobra
Blade: Feather Pro (2)
Brush: FS Manchurian 24mm
Soap: Mondial Tabacco Verde

View attachment 79541

I've tamed the mighty Cobra. You can call me Boycie Big Bollocks.

design snake GIF by jankuijken
One error of judgement when shaving with 'The Beast', you'll be called Boycie no Bollocks.! ;)

So.....is the extra outlay worth it?
On the Sebum Brian ?

It is pretty exquisite , a very different kind of soap to most offerings it has a lower kind of denser lather , which is extremely slick especially residual slickness , it conditions the skin very nicely and the packaging is extremely well done.

For full disclosure I picked it up on a BST so didn't pay full price.

Like all thing at that end of the Market is in twice as good as a soap that costs half of course not , but it is very good and a real joy to use , once i figured out how to dial it in , in fact even the couple of less than optimal lathers I produced at first where still pretty decent.

There is a lot of Soap in a pot and you could knock out an intruder with the Jar !!

Edit: and of course YMMV !

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Gillette 7 O’clock Black. ( 1 )
Brush = 26mm High Mountain Badger from Bobby Moffat
Soap = Damocles By House Of Mammoth
With Matching Balm
Splash = The Noir Et Vanille By Noble Otter
CB63CF6E-3289-4262-9909-1B70CFAC579D.jpegBrilliant three past shave tonight.
Thanks to TSR & Crossan i bought this soap on the BST here and i absolutely love it.
I would encourage anyone that’s not tried the BST to give it a go there is plenty to be had.
I wanted to soap from the minute i saw it,
i already have 3 mammoth soaps and for me they are at the top of their game,
The only disappointment for me is not having the splash to go with it but hopefully that might come.
Onwards & Upwards Folks
Stay Safe & Keep your dogs ears closed

vJEI8ga.jpg

B&M The Full Measure Of Man soap
YaQi 24mm Cashmere brush
Denim Original AS (Never disappoints! (y) ;) )
Gillette Super Thin Platinum (#1)
Gillette Canada post - war FH Tech

I bought this Tech a year or so back off Ebay for a song and it is in mint condition, but there was a very slight burr on one edge of the baseplate that was damn near imperceivable to the touch and not at all to the eye. A few light "butterfly kiss" licks with a Swiss file and it's perfect.

Excellent one pass shave. I have decided to go strictly one pass (with minimal chin/mouth touch up) as of late and I must admit it is better for my skin and no one is the wiser.......unless we are snuggling. :)

Back
Top Bottom