SOTD : Saturday 30th January to Friday 05nd February 2021.

Sunday

Phoenix and Beau Denali
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
Gillette Old
Gillette London Bridge (2)
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Snake Bite after shave

Brrr. Second outing for the LB blade; and it performed well in ye old Old. 2 passes and a wee touch up for a philosophers' contemplative look.

I find that 2 passes are becoming the norm for me. If nothing else, more frequency between shaves.
7239ED60-C2DB-4B63-910E-591A74E9A126.jpeg

IMG_20210131_113729.jpg

Haircut & Shave Co 17-4 PO76 SB
Gillette Silver Blue
Maseto Finest
Declaration Grooming Weinstrasse
Myrsol Emulsion
Soundtrack: Lacey Johansing - No Better Time

OK let's cut to the chase. The PO76 is the best razor I've used to date.

I hadn't shaved since Monday night (I know, I know, send me to The Tower!) so the razor had it's work cut out.
The first pass was tuggy in places, which was to be expected. The second pass was much, much smoother and gave me a chance to assess blade feel and blade gap.
There wasn't much blade feel, definitely less than the Carbon CX (with the original base plate). Blade gap was minimal too.
You would imagine it would be less efficient but it was a notch or two above the Carbon CX.

So there you have it. Sell all your razors and buy this one.
I'm already contemplating buy one in Titanium. :D

Have a great week Gents. Stay safe.

Cheers
Rob

PAA Doppelgänger Black Label Soap and Splash ; HL Thater 4670/5 ; Feather AS-D2 ; Feather Hi-Stainless

210131-SOTD.jpg

20210131_124433.jpg
SOTD - 31st Jan - Vintage month
Brush - Razorock Monster 26mm Plissoft
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H1
Soap - Wickhams Parma Violet
Blade - Super Shave X #4
Post - Brut ASL & Lea 3in1

Great 3 pass shave for final one in Vintage month. Today used descending settings of 5,4 and 3. Very smooth and mild combo with the blade. Brush made masses of a slick lather. Plenty for a post shave face was too. The Lea Post shave is great too. Non greasy and the menthol comes on gradually as opposed to a big kick - really like it.
Stay safe people, be aware and enjoy those shaves.

31/1/21

Soap - Proraso SF White Cream
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Shark SS (3)
Post - Witch Hazel/Benjamins Bay Rum

I didn't have the best of shaves with the new Proraso on it's first outing and wanted to give it another go to see if it wasn't just a bad day and I seemed to have less irritation than the first time, but a still a little afterwards, a shame as the lather is delightfully glossy and slick. The Shark SS was very smooth but I think the Old Type is better with a slightly more efficient blade.

Have a good Sunday chaps.

Sun 31st January

Stirling Syn 26mm
P & B Spitfire
Occams Oren- 3dot
Feather Proguard ( 6 )
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

The Spitfire is one of those soaps that I often use at the Weekend, as I find it to assist one get a most smooth and comfortable Shave. Really enjoyed today so must check if P & B are still selling it, as the bowl looking a bit sparse.

F5C74DC3-7987-4DDD-B414-8D07FA62EB9C.jpeg

Todays Shave Kit Sunday 31st Jan 2021

Shave Score 9.25/10

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Stirling Soap Company, Haverford
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade Gillette Super Thin Platinum (2)
Post Shave: Proraso After Shave Green Refreshing
Post Shave Balm: Proraso Aftershave Balm White

A lovely 3 pass shave, one nick stopped by almost immediately itself so very insignificant.

The new Stirling Haverford is lovely, really picked up on the tobacco and vanilla scents.

Back
Top Bottom