SOTD : Saturday 30th January to Friday 05nd February 2021.

SOTD
Pre night shift shave I went with a soap and splash delivery from Slickboys and Southern Witchcraft's Autumn Ash, wow what a scent, when I start lathering it up with one of my 26mm silvertip resin handles it takes you back to late nights around the fire pit..woody smokey and a hint of sweetness. The soap makes a great lather that allowed the Blackbird open comb with a Voshkod to just glide and wipe out 3 days growth, 3 pass smooth shave no problems at all and finished off with the Autumn Ash splash which brings more of the same smokiness but a strong sweetness to it.

1612147250096.png

Hi! Shave #7:
8G4d31a.jpg

Pre: homemade olive oil soap.
Lather: Fine L'Orange Noir.
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Belfour.
Razor: Merkur OC vintage.
Blade: Shark (#3).
Take care and have a nice day!

Todays Shave Kit Monday 1st Feb 2021

Shave Score 8/10

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Stirling Soap Company, Barbershop
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade Gillette Super Thin Platinum (3)
Post Shave: Proraso After Shave Green Refreshing
Post Shave Balm: Proraso Aftershave Balm White

A slightly rushed 3 pass shave, one nick under the chin :( Styptic pencil dealt with it.

Last edited:
Monday's Shave

Pre: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino: Felece Aromatica Soap
Razor: Ribbon 1000 6/8 - 1 of 2
Brush: Shavemac 26mm Synthetic
Splash: Saponificio Varesino: Felece Aromatica Splash
Balm: Bart's Unscented
EDT: Fragrance Ireland Patrick

I have bene alternating 2 Ribbon 1000 Razors , as I have put edges on them from 2 Japanese Stone I wanted to compare them.

20210201_000658 2.jpg

01/02/21
4 for Feb
Pre: Shower
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap: Signature Soap Danum
Razor: Vector / SS Hawk "A"
Blade: Feather PB (1) / (1)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Signature Soap Danum

Wk 5 (1) Mon.JPG

Comparing the Vector and Hawk this week, shaving one side of the face with each,
Both very smooth, both feel nice on the skin during the shave. Very little between them as far as the shave finish goes.
The Vector is a lot more manoeuvrable due to the smaller head and seems more balanced as the Hawk seems a bit top heavy and wants to "drop / twist" forward, probably due to the Over-hang of the offset head.
Saying that the A plate shaves very similarly in terms of efficiency, i found the STD plate was too mild during the first couple of trial passes.
Do i need one? probably not. Is it worth having one? - Most definitely.
So a BBS comfortable finish, i will see how they go for a few more shaves and how the blades react.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Monday's Shave

Pre: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino: Felece Aromatica Soap
Razor: Ribbon 1000 6/8 - 1 of 2
Brush: Shavemac 26mm Synthetic
Splash: Saponificio Varesino: Felece Aromatica Splash
Balm: Bart's Unscented
EDT: Fragrance Ireland Patrick

I have bene alternating 2 Ribbon 1000 Razors , as I have put edges on them from 2 Japanese Stone I wanted to compare them.

View attachment 64174
Beautiful set up Russ

1/2/21

4 for February/Veganuary

Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo
Soap - Signature Soaps Capra
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Lord Platinum (2)
Post - Witch Hazel/Superdrug Forest Fresh

For the month of February, I'm joining a few themes firstly as suggested by @Tony'schin the 4 for Feb and something for myself which is to just use vegan soaps for the month, as even though I rate/like vegan soaps very highly I often overlook them.

Now on the shave, I didn't put in enough SS Capra into the bowl which I built into a gloriously slick and shiny lather, but it was a little on the thin side of things but in the shave OMG was the lather slick, I didn't have the tiniest amount of resistance the blade, and after 1.5 passes my face was feeling gloriously comfortable. I forgot how great a soap the Capra is, I'm looking forward to giving it run out this month.

The post shave feel of Capra - the most neutral, is exceptional.

Have a good start to the new week/Month chaps.

Back
Top Bottom