SOTD : Saturday 30th January to Friday 05nd February 2021.

PS-Proraso
Brush-Razorock 400
Soap-Boellis Panama*
Blade-SS X
Razor-Yates 921m with hybrid plate*
AS-Witch Hazel

*This must be the best wrapped soap in the business with string thrown in for good measure. The strong almond smell gave me horrific memories of eating slabs of Battenberg cake at a great aunts years ago. I had hopes at a future will reading so forced the stuff down to stay in the old girls good books! Nice effective lather but nothing remarkable unless you're an almond lover?

*This arrived a few days ago and armed with the hybrid plate performed very well with the SS X blade. I only shave every four or five days so am more of a mower than a shaver but it coped well. The plate is supposed to be mild but I'd put it a bit fiercer than that. Slender handle might not suit some.
I will take the soap off your hands, I think it's one of the best Italian soft soaps out there!
:) If it was the first time in using, give it another go before sending it to me, it may grow on you!!! :)

Paul.

Tue 2nd SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Pro 500 Cryo Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Really nice soap but too aerated today due to an overly wet brush. Still, nice scent and slick enough.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very good. So smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues even atg at difficult areas for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Excellent aftershave. Rating 9.7/10
20210202_082222.jpg

SOTD : 2nd February 2021.

39.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Lemon ~ Flower Transparent Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Face Lather.
Lather : Haslinger~ Schafmilch Shaving Soap.
Blade: Derby Premium. (3)
Razor: Merkur 37c.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Attraction Totale ASL. / The Real Shaving Co ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Greetings,

My first early morning February shave.

The derby Premium/37c duo, matched together excellently mowing through my stubble with ease.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of The RSCo SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser...A wonderful post shave for the winter elements.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Tuesday 2nd February
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - De Vergulde Hand Stick - GEM 3D Adjustable 'C' plate - GEM SSC #8 - Quorum A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
0LT8O9t.jpg

Todays Shave Kit Tuesday 2nd Feb 2021

Shave Score 9/10

PreShave: Hot Shower / NIVEA MEN DEEP Anti-Blackhead Scrub
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Cream: Truefitt & Hill Apsley Shaving Cream
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade Gillette Super Thin Platinum (4)
Post Shave: Proraso After Shave Green Refreshing
Post Shave Balm: Proraso Aftershave Balm White

I think I could have had more shaves out of the Gillette Super Thin Platinum, but I now have this rule of 4 shaves and you're out.

Nice and calm shave today with a new Truefitt Cream, this is divine and I'm very grateful to @Boycie83 for letting me have this one:) best lather and slick/smoothness I've had with a shave in my whole two months of DE shaving :)

I will take the soap off your hands, I think it's one of the best Italian soft soaps out there!
:) If it was the first time in using, give it another go before sending it to me, it may grow on you!!! :)

Paul.
Your kindness is crushing! I wonder if the sealed bag it came in added to its pungency? I'll let it "rest" for a while and see if the smell of almonds disperses.

Your kindness is crushing! I wonder if the sealed bag it came in added to its pungency? I'll let it "rest" for a while and see if the smell of almonds disperses.
The scent of almonds will dissapate somewhat once out of the plastic wrapping, I keep mine in a ceramic pot with a loose lid and find it will produce superb silky lathers with good cushion.
I would hate to see your issues with Battenburg cake put you off this very good soap. :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom