SOTD : Saturday 30th January to Friday 05nd February 2021.

Sun 31st SOTD
Soap Stirling Gin & Tonic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Gents Gin
Nice easy to lather soap. The scent was mild but pleasant, creamy, and slick enough.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Sharpish, smooth, and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Excellent aftershaves. Rating 9.5/10
20210130_230759.jpg
20210131_110018.jpg

SOTD : 31st January 2021.

38.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Lemon ~ Flower Transparent Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: The body Shop ~ Maca root & Aloe shaving cream.
Blade: Derby Premium. (2)
Razor: MÜHLE r89.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Giorgio Beverly Hills ~ Ocean Dream ASL./Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,
I've mentioned before if i had to have only one DE Razor the Muhle R89 would be a very strong contender up until i added the Parker 55SL Semi-Slant razor to my humble collection which is now on equal par to my beloved Muhle r89.. I will always have a soft spot for the Muhle r89 & Merkur 34c as both razors helped me to develop my technique and gain my shaving confidence, for that reason alone i will never part with either razor.

A relaxing 3 pass + pick ups Close comfortable Sunday morning shave with no errors to report...Finishing the last shave of the month off with a small dollop of Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD: 31/01/21
IMG20210122142507-01.jpeg
▫️DR Harris - Windsor
▫️Edwin Jagger 3one6
▫️Vintage Wilkinson Sword
▫️Simpsons "The Duke" 3
▫️Windsor After Shave Milk

I appreciate triple milled soaps and the DR Harris performed as expected with the delightful Windsor scent.
First outing with the EJ 3one6, It is a beautiful well made razor, with nice discreet brand detailing.
Paired with a vintage Wilkinson Sword blade kindly provided by @wooky114
gave a great, close and comfortable irritation free shave.

SUNDAY ‌01/31/21 SOTD
Gillette ‘51 W2 Steel Black Tip Super-Speed Set
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
WCS Two-Tone Tall 26mm BOSS Knot Synth
B&M Le Grand Chypre Shaving Soap
Epsilon Blue Mediterranean Aftershave Splash

3Di44Uh.jpg

A great delivery from a shave themed 'Oh no not the 89 again!'

IMG_20210129_025356.jpg

Oh no it's a razor - Muhle R89
Oh no it's a blade - Feather
Oh no it's a brush - Wee whiskey barrel
Oh no it's a soap - ADP Collezione

Oh no I had to shave again

And I had a shave myself all for you and you find other things more important. Oh no.

And the 89 it is once again. A week of DE razors? Never heard of in a long time but a very enjoyable week of shaving activities and more ying and yang in the goodies cabinet.

A change of Blade on this outing and yes I was right. It is one of those razors where the Feather manages to shine through. A supercalifragilisticexpialidocious of a shave. My mum always used to make mention of how modern songs don't make sense. Explain that one away.

Have a great week ahead you TSR folk. Be safe, be well, be vigilant, BEHAVE.

As a Sunday morning treat for @Digimonkey what better to wake up to than Aldious

31/01/21
Vintage Month - Razor #31
Pre: Shower
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - 26mm Silvertip - Blue Resin
Soap: Palmolive stick / Maca Root Superlather
Razor: GEM MicroMatic Open Comb
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (3)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Gucci by Gucci
Aftershave: Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk 5 (3) Mon.JPG
The final razor of vintage month is the wonderful MicroMatic, one of my favourite razors.
A faceful of Silvertip badger for a nice face lather,
2 passes from this very efficient Vintage lady for a close comfortable finish.
I have really enjoyed completing this months little challenge and i have had some very nice shaves.
I will probably box these up for a while and concentrate on some of the newer kit i have.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

SR Shave #31

Bengall 11/16ths Round Point
Shavemac DO1 2 Band
Tabac
Proraso Green AS
DRH Milk
YSL Homme Intense EDP

Cracking shave. Even though I don't like the scent, I can't argue with its performance. I have to say that it is probably the best soap I have ever used for straight shaving- super slick whilst still having great cushion. I find with some other soaps to get the right slickness, the amount of water you need to add can make it quite thin and less protective.

Also loving my new Chubby 2 and DO1 - this make lathering triple milled soaps an absolute breeze. They pick up lots of product with their backbone and density!

F5AFE58A-3C98-4C70-A1BD-456FF133C790.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom