SOTD : Saturday 30th January to Friday 05nd February 2021.

Saturday

Santa Maria Novella
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Gillette SS Red Tip (U.S.A, B2)
Gillette London Bridge (1)
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Platinum

First outing for one of my newly acquired London Bridge blades. Even before I dropped it in the razor, things were off to a good start: double wrapped...and no glue spots! (Feather et al take note).

An excellent shave followed. I found the blade to be sharp and smooth; and paired well with the Red Tip. Got fifty of these blades for just over a fiver; and I think it was a wise purchase, thus far.

BD500BAA-593F-44B2-8661-F0463381C9CE.jpeg

Sat 30th SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Chronos
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Shark Super Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + TGS Chronos
Excellent lather as always from this soap! Good scent, creamy and slick.
Shave with this favorite vintage razor paired with the blade was very good. So smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a between bbs to dfs result. Excellent matching aftershave. Rating 9.8/10
20210130_124809.jpg

30/01/21
Vintage Month - Razor #30

Pre: Shower
Brush: DS Cosmetics synth
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat
Razor: Myatt Daymark OC (Yaqi Top cap)
Blade: NOS Permasharp Supreme (3)
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Signature Soaps Danum Splash

Wk 5 (1).JPG
A nice shave today, this OC Myatt is a little more efficient than the Universal SB and does have a bit more blade feel.
The HWF performed as it does, very well. A nice face lather today with the brush holding plenty for the shave.
I completed 2 easy passes and a little touch up for a Comfortable BBS finsh.
A nice post shave finishing with the Danum splash which really feels nice on the skin.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
30 January

PAA Harvest Moon
Cadman M55
Rex Ambassador
Personna med prep
Fine L'Orange Noir asl

2D52BC22-4D80-4BFD-B604-CF9D12377DAB.jpeg

A very good shave this morning. The Rex used on a mild setting of 1.5 on both passes provided a very comfortable yet close shave. I think the shave was closer when the setting was increased on the second pass (1.5/5) last time.

How do you find your shaves using the ascending method? I've been doing this with my Progress and 6S and it works for me.
Its working for me too.
I don't think there's a wrong way but when I think about it, it does make sense. For example if you were to mow grass, would you put it on its lowest setting to the grass, and then go back over it on a slightly higher setting?

Wade & Butcher Special 6/8"
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
Simpsons Chubby 2, Synthetic
Mitchell's Wool Fat, soap
Faena Philosoap ASB
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla

Hfs6stm.jpg

Saturday 30th January

ACtC-3fOrKr9waJxAuTeuh0Pdo37mWHSTfE5qy_NwohIsEgzzwim-GleNiSYq7zby-dI7DHQ4J8xB5_TMmlsTr-AeLrWzqsJjB4mzvENSZ8FSAy9p5vFfZJXDpOlWd0n11hpYSLka3unkDBMippw4c8gY4Urgg=w1200

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Shibden Woods Shaving Soap
Omega Professional (Boar)
Muhle Rocca R96
Dorco Titan (2)
Pinaud Special Reserve Aftershave Cologne

New to me, the Dorco Titan. I commented off the first shave that it felt not especially sharp, but it was smooth and I got a comfortable single pass shave to my satisfaction. Regrowth today was consistenct and comfortable. Tonight's shave felt smoother. I did need a few touch-ups as I wanted it just right and had good confidence that the post-shave feel and regrowth will be good.

Yeah! It's alright ...

Back
Top Bottom