SOTD : Saturday 30th April - Friday 6th May 2022.

Sorry to hear that Lee. You were really looking forward to that Steel Hone.
Cheers Chris, I was, I thought it would be a bit of a Holy Grail razor for me. The length and weight are everything I wanted and it looks amazing but the finish is draggy and for a Razor that cost me £200+ I guess I expected more. A simple shave with it earlier in the design process, straight away would have spotted something off. I will persist as I got an ok shave last time with it but am torn between having it polished or plated by jjshaves and moving it on. I don’t think I should have to finish a razor of that price really. I’d be interested if anyone knows how the titanium special edition was in comparison, but even thought the aluminium version was too light for me it gave a better shave.
I think part of the issue is me building it up in my mind as well, but all the reviews currently say the same. It’s a shame as it’s stunning but it’s definitely a case of form over function.

Cheers Chris, I was, I thought it would be a bit of a Holy Grail razor for me. The length and weight are everything I wanted and it looks amazing but the finish is draggy and for a Razor that cost me £200+ I guess I expected more. A simple shave with it earlier in the design process, straight away would have spotted something off. I will persist as I got an ok shave last time with it but am torn between having it polished or plated by jjshaves and moving it on. I don’t think I should have to finish a razor of that price really. I’d be interested if anyone knows how the titanium special edition was in comparison, but even thought the aluminium version was too light for me it gave a better shave.
I think part of the issue is me building it up in my mind as well, but all the reviews currently say the same. It’s a shame as it’s stunning but it’s definitely a case of form over function.
It's a shame to hear that Lee after all the waiting and razors you sacrificed to get the SS.
I know you like how the aluminium shaves but I found that to be draggy. So if you feel the SS draggy that means I'm going to take it off my wish list straight away.

It's a shame to hear that Lee after all the waiting and razors you sacrificed to get the SS.
I know you like how the aluminium shaves but I found that to be draggy. So if you feel the SS draggy that means I'm going to take it off my wish list straight away.
Yep I wouldn’t if I were you. The aluminium had texture but was light enough to manoeuvre regardless. The Hone 15s has far more drag. I’m torn as I say I want to love it but it shouldn’t be this hard and the Blackbird and 6s were sacrificed for it and money being tight, but I think at this point I’d have been better waiting for the passaround on ATG and saving the cash! Impatience got the better of me! Lesson learnt I’ll buy via the BST from now on or Emporium!
Still having seen someone’s polished and plated version on a SOTD a few days ago I’m tempted to do the same it may just save it.

And the theme was ' A razor fit for a vampire'

20220501_163523.jpg

Blood thirsty monster - Rocnel SE-P
Ooooooooooo - bits of a Dorco Prime blade
Count Duckula - Wickhams Arctic Fox
Creatures of the night (and day where I live) - Captain Fawcett's Scarpicchio
Nosferatu's odoriferous scent - Goutal Eau De Monsieur

'Oh no! It's the return of SE-Pman!'

The once in a while reach for the Rocnel SE-P if only to say 'I lived to tell the SOTD'. Respect, respect and respect. The only way to approach this razor, because if you don't it will soon let you know and you'd end up with an empty styptic pencil and a face full of toilet paper. As it was, respect given and a blood fest free shave. A couple of weepers simply as it has a duty to draw red whether you are nice or not. And the toilet roll remained unused for shaving purposes.

This scarpicchio soap is simply wonderful. Unfortunately the brush threw up the same issues as prior adventures. It just holds too much water. In fact it has its own ecosystem and creates water as a by product to being used.......as a brush. End result finds one having to work more than usual to produce a respectable lather. Got there in the end.

And the final score? The usual ridiculously close shave which walks the line between closely shaven and closely skinned. Slap on some moisturiser and a face like damp rubber. Superb.

Have a great week ahead you great forum folk. No love given today.

But with the deathly kind of theme have some nemophila. Don't think I have used these before, but on second thoughts I wouldn't have a clue what has and what hasn't. Enjoy

Last edited:
Tue 3 SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Bali Silvertip
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade Persona X Series 4th use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Clubman VIBR + Captain's Choice BayRum Balm
This soap smells really good of bayrum. The lather was just acceptable.
Another excellent shave with the blade in combination with my favorite slant razor. 3 smooth and efficient passes for a mostly bbs finish. Today's all about bayrum and the matching aftershaves sure heightened the aroma!
20220503_093520.jpg

SOTD : 3rd May 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Boots Original Shave Stick.
Blade : Gillette Perma-Sharp. (D3)
Razor: Muhle R89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Boots Freshwood ASL + ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

Everything in the shave set up worked together wonderfully....As always the inexpensive Boots Trio was a joy to use making my early morning shave a pleasure experience.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 03-May
20220501_152158.jpg
Brush: Captain Manchurian
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: Blackland Tradere OC
Blade: GSB (3)

Excellent and easy 2 pass for a smooth irritation free finish.

Urrgghh back to work today, ah well kick it off with a decent shave and hopefully the rest of the week follows suit!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

279591256_1680359385663506_1531777176199673427_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Gentlemans Face Care Club cream
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond (2)

Couple of items from further back in the cupboard today. Both cream and ASL were great - I've nearly forgiven GFCC for the missing apostrophe ;) The blade was back to expected performance today, so all goood.

Tuesday 3rd May
Claymore Evo - Feather Pro #2 - Anbbas Tux - Vitos Red - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
FdLT4Oa.jpg

Tuesday:

Since my delightful shave on Saturday, nothing has changed, so 4 days of Signature Leodis being whipped up with the Zenith boar.
Four days of using the ER Jewel with a Gem blade - for picture, see Saturday's SoTD.

Today, not even using any splash and my face still has that soft feeling, so must be the soap itself providing some conditioning.

I'll change tomorrow, just for change sake. Maybe I'll use the random soap selector again!!!!

Gary

Back
Top Bottom