SOTD: Saturday 30 September - Friday 6 October 2023.

SOTD 03-Oct
20231002_124326.jpg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: SBS Wood Shop
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Wizamet (2)

Cracking shave this morning, loaded just about the right amount and whipped up a great lather. The tips have softened on this remarkably quickly with a few splits showing in these early days. Curious to see how it progresses in the month.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

'Oh what a night' sang The Four Seasons. 'Oh what a shave' sang somebody or other. 'Oh what an incredibly bad decision' sang someone with no idea of lyrical content.

And so it is that this shave arrives on your shaving doorstep (or in the dustbin as Evri manage) with the theme, 'VAR (Very Aggressive Razor)'

20231002_192807.jpg

Red card - Occams Enoch
Yellow card - Schick Proline
Offside brush - Highlander LFC brush
Goal disallowed - Signature Soaps Condate
The referee's a....very nice chap - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

'VAR television'

A reach for the Enoch shave as expediency was the word on the street, and from Mrs Satanfriendly, followed by the words 'or die'.

Razors don't come any quicker than the lighteningly fast Enoch. Speed with efficiency. And it was exactly that. An ugly face of stubble reduced to an ugly face of handsomely smooth in minimal time with minimal fuss.

And Signature Soaps with the Highlander brush? Thank you, you were indeed.

Have some Japanese girlies as a shave parting gift from me to you.....Why, it is those 'Drinking boys and choir girls' folk with their superb tune, 'There is no spring time', even if it does sound uncannily like 'There is a nosebleed'

SOTD: 03/10/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water
Fragrance: Givenchy Xeryus Rouge EdT

Have a nice day!

Tuesday 3rd October
E-Type Schick 3D - Schick Proline B#5 - Highlander TSR LE 2023 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel - V&R Spicebomb EDT
IMG-20231002-112400-01.jpg

Tuesday 3 October
The Feather AS-D2 is a beautifully made razor but for me it falls a tad short on performance, even with a new Feather hi-stainless in the head. Yes, It’s a mild razor and maybe I expect too much but whilst on a flat cheek it gave bbs after 2 passes, on the curves around my jaw line and under jaw it wouldn't get close. My Bakelite vintage Wardonia is better. Mind you as I’ve said before, we don’t always want a shave down to the bone do we? :eek:
Arko is a hard soap but boy does it give a fantastic lather even here with hard water. Synthetic re-knot Gillette Standard had no trouble getting soap where it was needed.
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0321.jpeg

3 October

Geo F Trumper Eucris
Mühle Travel
Blackland Vector
Feather Professional
Geo F Trumper Eucris skin food

34432763-4802-4FA0-855D-2E547F3D530A.jpeg
The new Feather blade gave a stunning performance in the Vector. A close, clean and comfortable two pass shave with enough lather for a second shave! You’ve got to love the London shaving creams.

1000001527.jpg

SOTD 3rd October 2023

Razor - Blackland Blackbird Ti
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless
Soap - Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort shaving cream
Brush - Highlander 2023 TSR LE 28mm badger with walnut handle
Bowl - Captain's Choice standard weight copper bowl
Post - Refinery ASB

A lovely shave today, the brush being my favourite bit of shaving kit at the moment.

Until the next time, shave happy!

Paul.

Last edited:
SOTD 20231003
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Thirsty Badger
Brush: Wolfman WRB1 Maggard Premium Boar
Soap: Noble Otter Thé noir et Vanille
Razor: WR4 SB 0,8 TI on WRH3
Blade: Kai Captain Standard
AS: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore

SOTD_20231002.jpg