SOTD: Saturday 30 September - Friday 6 October 2023.

Yesterday's SOTD which was given the theme by those SHITT people, 'VAR take II'

20231003_203634.jpg

I demand a second opinion - Feather AS-D2
Audio please - Gillette Blue of Chinese origin
And the decision is? - Highlander 26mm Cashmere

'Yes you. Not shaven. Off'

Soft soap - Signature Wicstun
Soft dismissal - Pure moisturiser

'Over to the line up for the grand Emporium Sale. And they're off! And the next.......'

And they're off! On the great shaving adventure by Satan's sink as it turned out. But what a smashing shave. This Feather thing confuses the shit out of me, as do most things in life. Feels like you forgot the blade but shaves like you've just met an Ikon. A superlatively smooth and bloody fantastic bit of razormanship.

Signature soaps and the Highlander. You're effing brilliant.

Effing brilliant? More effing curious. The new Midori? Possibly...

And I love you all

04/10/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus Pure Bristle 1950
Soap - Vintage Brit Ingram's
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 Brit Green Bakelite Case
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk 40 (5).jpg
Last pre shave wash with the bar of Droyts, stuck the sliver to an in use bar of Pears for tomorrow.
The 1912 performed perfectly, as did the "Vintage" Brit Ingram's, 1st use for me thanks to @AnthH's generosity.
As far as i can remember the Egyptians Ingram's produced a great lather although it did seem a bit synthetic. The Brit Ingram's was very natural, whipping up plenty of lightly menthol slick lather with the old Woodbridge made Culmak.
Yes, i like this one.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Razor = Occam's Oren ***
Blade = Kai Captain Titan Mild ( 2 )
Brush = 24mm Yaqi Familia Sagrada Synthetic
Cream = Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
with matching Cologne & Balm.

IMG_2671.jpeg
That’s me back to square one with my holiday rotation,
My fifth shave & nothing really to write home about.
The Products are all fantastic however on the second shave woth this blade i felt it a bit rough.
Iv used this blade before on a good few occasions and never felt this way but today it was overly aggressive,
It ain’t no feather that’s for sure.
Perhaps i need to dial the razor down to the 2 plate or the ** to be precise lol.
A thoroughly accessible shave but not perfect by any means.
Enjoy the rest of the week

20231004_165804-01.jpeg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander Oak Manchurian badger LE 2023 brush.
Bowl Obsidian Copper.
Soap T.O.O.B.S Grapefruit cream.
Razor Charcoal Goods Brass Stinger.
Blade Derby Premium.
Aftershave Scandal.

I thought today I would try the sample gifted to me by Agent Shave with another purchase.
The LE brush made short work of creating a lather and the smell was amazing and fresh but it went down hill from there.
Once it was on my face it pretty much dissipated before my eyes with no slickness at all but I did manage a 2 pass smooth shave.
When I put it on my head for a head shave it was non existent although it looked great in the bowl. It possibly was my fault adding too much water, either way I won't be buying any.
Kinda disappointing shave but you can't win them all.
Have an amazing evening everyone.

Wednesday 3rd October

ADCreHe3chbLdvHxNdVOMxyZYVFLH9UTTDzBQqSP7XxKXFJ_9W1kRtkn3qKphTNWfLIjnrQzO6J0O1TNIW6PtVDIj0cImuBuOvFwed-1eHEHOzAm38eL9hFj2OUN5ZrSeyD1V9O5PkIFFV-LSuvoEBRC2DGjoA=w800

Gillette Original Shaving Foam
Gillette Blue-II
Hai Karate Aftershave

Ahhhh! That's better ...

Better than what? Better than the last couple of days with a vintage Trac-II and duff Feather Neo II cartridges. That's a good baseline right there - if it's not as good as the Gillette Blue-II it has no place in ones repertoire. See! I have a repertoire ... posh, me.

IMG_2943.jpeg
SOTD: 03/10/2023

Razor: Merkur Futur Clone
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: HC&C Unscented Hard Puck Puck
Aftershave: Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man EDT
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Citrus Bomb

Loving this soap base and having started to lather it for my the lot for the first time I got even better results. The Citrus Bomb is absolutely amazing, fresh grapefruit and orange/clementine it’s a pure bright, fresh summer scent. I popped a drop or two into the splash CDNIM which also brightened the Aventus clone up beautifully as well, boasting the fruit/citrus levels and toning the smokiness a tad, a fun experiment with good results
Have a great day guys.

View attachment 111909

'Over to the line up for the grand Emporium Sale. And they're off! And the next.......'

And they're off! On the great shaving adventure by Satan's sink as it turned out. But what a smashing shave. This Feather thing confuses the shit out of me, as do most things in life. Feels like you forgot the blade but shaves like you've just met an Ikon. A superlatively smooth and bloody fantastic bit of razormanship.

And I love you all
have to say Chris i love the post, i spent 20 minuites scrolling, and everthing was not offside apart from things that were but not the offside thing that was not offside. you know what i mean sack the lot of them.

View attachment 111909

And I love you all
I love your Spurs coloured brush :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 111939
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander Oak Manchurian badger LE 2023 brush.
Bowl Obsidian Copper.
Soap T.O.O.B.S Grapefruit cream.
Razor Charcoal Goods Brass Stinger.
Blade Derby Premium.
Aftershave Scandal.

I thought today I would try the sample gifted to me by Agent Shave with another purchase.
The LE brush made short work of creating a lather and the smell was amazing and fresh but it went down hill from there.
Once it was on my face it pretty much dissipated before my eyes with no slickness at all but I did manage a 2 pass smooth shave.
When I put it on my head for a head shave it was non existent although it looked great in the bowl. It possibly was my fault adding too much water, either way I won't be buying any.
Kinda disappointing shave but you can't win them all.
Have an amazing evening everyone.
That’s been my experience of TOBS creams, very nice scents, bang average to poor performance, particularly poor cushion.

IMG_2945.jpeg
SOTD: 04/10/2023

Razor: Merkur Futur Clone
Blade: Gillette Black 7 O’clock , 3rd use
Brush: Highlander 2023 TSR Limited Edition Yaqi Tuxedo Knot
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Seaforth Sea Spiced Lime Aftershave Toner
Fragrance: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Eau de Toilette

Hands down my best lime scent, I’m beginning to worry and have to plot my next purchase of the EDT as splashes are hard to source here and there’s still few stockists with it available. (I have well over 3/4 still!)

SOTD: 5th October 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl
Lather: Gillette Original Scent Shave Foam. (Red)
Blade: Gillette London Bridge. (D3)
Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

An enjoyable smooth shave to finish my shaving week wonderfully.

My mini focus using the Gillette shave foam (red) has been surprisingly good. Using the synthetic brush with the addition of the water vastly improves it's slickness & performance. I will continue to try out the Gillette sensitive shave foam (green) in my next weeks shaves.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom