SOTD : Saturday 30 July - Friday 5 August. 2022.

Thu 4 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Parker OC
Blade Shark Platinum 3rd
Aftershave Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Lovely lather from this soap. Easily whip up by the excellent brush. Light refreshing marine scent and matched nicely with the aftershave. This blade in the razor provided a very nice smooth shave. Easy 3passes without any issues for a dfs finish.
20220804_130737.jpg

Thur 4th August

Cyril Salter. MS ED2band
Lea Classic soap
ATT SE1
Feather Proguard ( 7 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Recent Shaves have indicated that the Feather Proguard works really well in The SE1 for me.. Today I used it fitted with a Timeless Ti Crown Handle, which enhanced the balance and performance of The Razor.
The Shave was so nice, extremely smooth and comfortable and the kind of finish attained with ease can be described as a “ Face Stroker”

81626FD4-7DD0-4670-AFD9-5EB78EDE9C63.jpeg

Thursday AM 2022-08-04
Birthdate in 1755 of Nicolas-Jacques Conté (inventor of the modern pencil)
4DAFnfv.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version)
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Personna 74 Tungsten (6)
Aramis Tuscany aftershave
BkPZPJX.jpg

Razor = Rex Ambassador ( 3 )
Blade = Gillette Winner Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = Simpsons Ruby Chubby 2 Synthetic
Cream = Geo F Trumper Eucris with matching
Edt & Skin Food.

86244770-D441-4AE9-9B37-0D926EFB3217.jpegFirst shave for 3 days and now back home.
A complete F- Up at work and now i’m here,
don’t know if i’m home for a week or a month.
That’s what happens when you employ clowns.
never mind rant over.
Iv only been away 2 weeks but was craving the wonderful Eucris,
I can’t remember whether iv used this twice or three times but it’s genuinely up there as a favourite of not the number 1.
The scent is wonderful & my Dog loves it or i think she does and as every man knows it’s the dog that counts
oh actually the wife likes it as well but that’s neither here nor there.
hope she doesn’t read this lol.
The Razor i hadn’t used in months,
if the truth be told i could never make up my mind if i liked it & a tad to aggressive for my liking
HOWEVER today was the best shave iv ever had with it.
whether it was the pairing of the blade or the fact i treat it with respect or perhaps my technique is just a bit better or a combination of all three but it was a class shave.
The Brush was a bst buy for me.
After i seen @Boycie83 Ruby Red Duke 3 i just instantly liked the colour & a week or so later this appears on the bst,
A Truly remarkable 3 pass shave,
onwards & upwards
Stay Safe Boys

Last edited:
SOTD

Pre: warm shower with Boots tea tree and witch hazel face scrub, followed by King C Gillette face and beard wash.
Brush: UKWSS Alpha brush with G5D knot
Bowl: Captains Choice Obsidian
Razor: Leaf (head shave) and Henson AL13 medium (face shave)
Blades: Treet Platinum Saloons (Leaf) and Dorco Prime (Henson)
Soap & Splash: Noble Otter Neon Sun
Post: Thayer's witch hazel with rose, Nivea Sensitive Pro Ultra Calming
PXL_20220804_193256724.jpg

And for this evening's frolicking bristle removing activities my sink time is themed, 'Signature Soups'

20220804_191104.jpg

Wisctun - Ikon B1
Wsicnut - Wizamet Super Iridium
Wscitun - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Wicstnu - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Wi'cunts (Scottish inquisition) - Signature Soups Londminium

'Aye did ye shave ye bawbags?'

So a shave which firstly needs a thank you to @Digimonkey for the Wizamet blades.

Now the last of the Lodz blades are ex-last, I have been looking at possible replacements for the day my personal stash are no more. So far the Gillettes with the 7 O'clocks, the rubies and the Nacets have left a positive impression, so here I have a new blade to rip myself to bits with. And if I'm going to shred skin what better place to start than the Ikon B1.

First though a great medium with Brian's shaving soup and his Signature Market Weighton. Delivered wonderfully by the AP Cashmere. A tick in the box for team lather.

And the blade? Well to be honest the face feel is almost identical to the Lodz and I don't get that sense of unfamiliarity. In the B1 it worked absolutely wonderful and the razor gave its usual stupidly close finish in such a smooth manner. This blade touches my shaving heart.

I am just disappointed my jar of Wicstun is actually spelt correctly. Imagine what it could be worth if it wasn't? Shaving soaps. The new misspelt album sleeves.

Back on track, a superbly delivered shave and I sit here feeling divine and with a rubbery face.

And I end with the Flamenco a go go girls. A new offering from my bible of Japanese girly bands.....

Well that one didn't get very far so you can have another band of Japanese ladies doing their 'It could only be Japan' thing

Last edited:
D2FE34F1-C1B4-4A59-9EBE-72EAEDD65881.jpeg
SOTD: 04/08/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Feather Pro, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm

A perfect summer scent and soap, made for an excellent shave with the Hawk today! Pure summer in a tub and the splash is really long lasting too. Last day away tomorrow but the trip and shaves have been great!

And for this evening's frolicking bristle removing activities my sink time is themed, 'Signature Soups'

View attachment 91565

Wisctun - Ikon B1
Wsicnut - Wizamet Super Iridium
Wscitun - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Wicstnu - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Wi'cunts (Scottish inquisition) - Signature Soups Londminium

'Aye did ye shave ye bawbags?'

So a shave which firstly needs a thank you to @Digimonkey for the Wizamet blades.

Now the last of the Lodz blades are ex-last, I have been looking at possible replacements for the day my personal stash are no more. So far the Gillettes with the 7 O'clocks, the rubies and the Nacets have left a positive impression, so here I have a new blade to rip myself to bits with. And if I'm going to shred skin what better place to start than the Ikon B1.

First though a great medium with Brian's shaving soup and his Signature Market Weighton. Delivered wonderfully by the AP Cashmere. A tick in the box for team lather.

And the blade? Well to be honest the face feel is almost identical to the Lodz and I don't get that sense of unfamiliarity. In the B1 it worked absolutely wonderful and the razor gave its usual stupidly close finish in such a smooth manner. This blade touches my shaving heart.

I am just disappointed my jar of Wicstun is actually spelt correctly. Imagine what it could be worth if it wasn't? Shaving soaps. The new misspelt album sleeves.

Back on track, a superbly delivered shave and I sit here feeling divine and with a rubbery face.

And I end with the Flamenco a go go girls. A new offering from my bible of Japanese girly bands.....

Well that one didn't get very far so you can have another band of Japanese ladies doing their 'It could only be Japan' thing

Good grief.....I thought all of your videos were age restricted.........so it appears that I now MUST check for blue flashing lights before I read any of your posts!

Good grief.....I thought all of your videos were age restricted.........so it appears that I now MUST check for blue flashing lights before I read any of your posts!

Then I must try harder

Do we have blue flashing light to accompany posts as a pre-warning in the menus?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom