SOTD : Saturday 30 July - Friday 5 August. 2022.

E5D55C3B-5826-4E67-A428-85ADEE1FD52B.jpeg
SOTD: 03/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A great shave as always with the Rockwell and Tabac. Add to that an afternoon prepping for camping/caravaning pizza making and drinks and it was a great day.

SOTD : 4th August 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Vie-long shave stick.
Blade: Schick Japanese Twin. (D8)
Razor: Schick I1 Injector. 1955-58

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Swagger ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A wonderful shave to finish my shaving week off in style.

The Schick I1 Injector, is such a great user friendly shaving tool which is a pleasure to shave with...The Schick Japanese Twin blade on it's 8th outing has exceeded beyond my expectations with their longevity, still feeling smooth and efficient....Amazing stuff!

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

04/08/22
Pre - Face wash
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Wicstun
Razor - Pearl Blaze
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Wisctun

Wk 31 2022 (6).JPG
I think i was right, the IKON bulldog looks and feels great on the Pearl Blaze, i know its early days with this razor, however, i am mightily impressed with it.
The Mühle Synth whipping up volumes of the wonderful Wicstun lather.
@BrianH is the spelling of the Wisctun Splash and Wicstun soap deliberate?
A very comfortable 2 pass shave this morning leaving me clean and fresh and ready for the last full day of our Lakes break.
Very enjoyable time has been had by all.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
SOTD 04-August
20220729_185950.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: MSC The Chieftain
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Nacet (1)

Last of the sets I got my hands on, this one is supposed to be a dupe of boss bottled, I'll take him at his word as I've never tried that one. Smells nice enough, kind of generic modern scent, nothing unique I would pick out.

Amazing lather this morning though, just goes to show you don't need huge fancy brushes to get the job done well, the Colonel best is a cracking little brush.

Great finish, hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Tuesday 2nd August

Soap • TDS Rose
Brush • Yaqi Rocks 30mm Synthetic
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Schick Proline P (4)
Post • Pre De Provence No63 Balm

Again good enough finish but took some work. I need an A plate for this razor.

The bad news is my wife and I have Covid.
Mrs L is really suffering.
Worse news - our daughter has it too, and has passed it to her 3 month old baby.

So sorry to hear Paul. Hope your recovery is as quick as you got it. Thoughts to all

SOTD: 04/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Tiger Platinum, 4th use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Maisyplum Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Blue Prebeard Cream
Soap: Signature Soaps Wicstun Croap
Balm: Wickham 1912 Irish Fern Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Fortunate Son By Creedence Clearwater Revival
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

Two new things today. Trying out the new Maisyplum bowl. The jury is still out. It performs well enough but I'm not convinced with the size, I think it's a bit small for the brushes I use. Time will tell.

One thing the jury is definitely not out on is the Signature Soap. It's fantastic and sailed straight in to the top two soaps in my rotation pushing out the wool fat in to third place. So much so that I jumped straight on to the website and brought another two flavours along with some splashes.

D71DB852-CD6A-45E6-B84E-4D497BF061C8.jpeg

A couple of days growth to hack through so call in the fastest razor in the West, call in the Enoch and a shave themed, 'It is that fast'

20220803_192033.jpg

Ernie the razor - Occams Enoch
Billy Whiz the blade - Feather Super Professional
Usain Bolt the brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Speedy Gonzales the soap - Extro Arzachena
The Flash splash - Extro Arzachena

'Sorry mate, gotta run like fuck, need a shave'

A nice return to Arzachena and looking like I may need another soon. Certainly one soap I'd be more than happy to see again. Super stuff.

The Enoch. Most definitely one of the fastest razors in the cabinet. Very much a blade forward and aggressive razor, but it doesn't detract from that sense of confidence it gives. Superb. The more I use the more I love. Quite the opposite to how Mrs Satanfriendly views me and apparently the Enoch isn't the only quick thing in the house.

An absolute cracking shave and all delivered in a wonderfully quick time.

A big happy bunny

Roll on September when I get to see these ladies. Enjoy some Tricot and enjoy your days.

04/08/22
Pre - Face wash
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Wicstun
Razor - Pearl Blaze
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Signature Soap Wisctun

View attachment 91530
I think i was right, the IKON bulldog looks and feels great on the Pearl Blaze, i know its early days with this razor, however, i am mightily impressed with it.
The Mühle Synth whipping up volumes of the wonderful Wicstun lather.
@BrianH is the spelling of the Wisctun Splash and Wicstun soap deliberate?
A very comfortable 2 pass shave this morning leaving me clean and fresh and ready for the last full day of our Lakes break.
Very enjoyable time has been had by all.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
It should be Wicstun!!! New label in post! Thanks for spotting typo! Best Regards Brian.

SOTD: 04/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Tiger Platinum, 4th use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Maisyplum Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Blue Prebeard Cream
Soap: Signature Soaps Wicstun Croap
Balm: Wickham 1912 Irish Fern Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Fortunate Son By Creedence Clearwater Revival
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

Two new things today. Trying out the new Maisyplum bowl. The jury is still out. It performs well enough but I'm not convinced with the size, I think it's a bit small for the brushes I use. Time will tell.

One thing the jury is definitely not out on is the Signature Soap. It's fantastic and sailed straight in to the top two soaps in my rotation pushing out the wool fat in to third place. So much so that I jumped straight on to the website and brought another two flavours along with some splashes.

View attachment 91532
Thank you, it’s really appreciated. Best Regards Brian

Thought I'd use some of the matching Droid splash today rather than the Floid black.

The PAA synthetics really do work well with their soaps - not surprising. When I use the Star Craft it always seems a little 'soft'. It's like I'm being caressed when I prefer a bit of a slap! Probably why I have 5 boar brushes.

Tech with a super Gillette blue taking the lot in 2 passes, but I was enjoying the shave, so I did a third pass and am now BBS . I didn't set out with that intention, but that's how it turned out.

I'm now smelling quite sweet as this splash has a candy floss niff to it. Definitely sweeter than the black. Nice all the same though.

Attachments

• IMG_20220804_095656__01.jpg
    IMG_20220804_095656__01.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom