SOTD : Saturday 29th May to Friday 4th June 2021.

SoTd
Having not had time for yesterday’s shave today’s was much welcomed so decided to enjoy an afternoon one ! The little gold dollar provided a lovely shave..always enjoy the SV up there with the favourites..they may well be matched but in my honest opinion can’t be beaten excellent performance ! Feeling silky smooth and refreshed 1E509864-D95D-4248-B5B2-AF93377C6A8E.jpeg

Saturday AM 2021-05-29
T.H. White (author of 'The Sword in the Stone') birthday, 1906
cnXrsKU.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest (22/48)
Penhaligon's Castile shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm 17-4/Triad Aristocrat Black
Wilkinson London Bridge (18)
Yacht Club aftershave (vintage)
j11NO90.jpg

Saturday 29th May

Cream • Dior Eau Sauvage
Brush • Zenith Synthetic
Razor • Ikon Shavecraft 102 Slant
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Dior Eau Sauvage Aftershave
Scent • Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme EdT

Having been gifted the Ikon 102 by @RussellR5555, I knew i had to use it for my shave today.
Russ had read some of my posts in which I said I regretted selling my 102 some time ago. I was surprised to find the parcel waiting for me at home yesterday.
Paired with a fresh GSB it shaved as smooth as silk. Two days growth removed in two passes WTG/ATG, and the finish is as near or damn it BBS.
No irritation or errors to report - a very relaxing shave.

Thanks again, Russ - I'm a very happy shaver now I have a 102 again !

SOTD 29-May
20210529_231849.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: PAA Switchback 400
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: Dovo Best 6/8

Early shave, late post. Excellent shave this morning that set me up for the day. The Switchback is solid and whipped up a lather like a dream, though never have a problem with the Spitfire. Received notification that the plane has taken off so just waiting for it to land and Royal Mail to take over so I can get the boar going.

Hope everyone had a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

Pre: hot shower
Brush: Razorock plissoft
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap: B&M Lavanille - I had an old sample from when I first started out DE shaving a few years ago, so wanted to revisit. So happy I did, amazingly creamy lather, and definitely a brown tint when lathered up!
ASB: T&H classic/unscented

52FF5392-B4E9-4B53-939E-E49C4EDC9BD1.jpeg

E04CD33D-3A03-417B-B027-AD58C5E8AAB1.jpeg
Pre: hot shower, proraso green preshave cream
Soap: Boellis Panama 1924
Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Blade: Titan mild #3
Razor: ikon SE

Another excellent shave with the ikon - was quite interesting to use it after yesterday’s shave with Gillette tech. Started with more confident approach and did end up with 4 or 5 weepers (no need for styptic or alum, so they weren’t too big). This razor does require respect - otherwise takes its toll by blood lol! love it! @Satanfriendly you were completely right about it - gotta always be careful haha!

Soap performed excellent as always - love the Bakewell tart scent on it hah! Nice, cushioning and slick!

BBS on the face, dfs + on the neck. As noted - few small blood sacrifices , but an excellent shave nevertheless!

tomorrow will use the straight. Soon the lathergames start so a month full of themed shaves and majority of it, if not all, will be done with blackbird. It is my self imposed challenge in order to improve the technique. I bet I’ll be happy when July comes to have fun with all kind of different razors again!

Back
Top Bottom