SOTD : Saturday 29th May to Friday 4th June 2021.

SOTD : 29th May 2021.

105.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Blade : Polsilver Super Iridium. (D1)
Razor : Parker Variant. (settings) 1.5 wtg, 2. xtg , 3. atg + Pickups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB./ Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start another long bank holiday weekend....maiden shave with the Cella Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream. The Verdict?....Let me say that I'm very very, fond of the classic Cella Crema Da Barba (Tallow) with it's wonderful cherry almond fragrance which has always gave me superb acceptable shaving results with no irritation or drying out issues. The Organic Aloe Vera version is a thirsty cream you only need a small almond size amount i to create a good lather. I personally find it to have a better slickness than the Cella Crema Da Barba "which is statement in itself" and the post shave feel is equally as good.

The scent of it i would describe to my nose, as 'light & fresh'.

A wonderful pre-birthday present to myself which i look forward to using again in my future shaves.

The Parker Variant/Polsilver was a superb combo. The Polsilver blades, like the Gillette Sharp Edge. (yellow) feel slightly rough on the first pass, but mellow out after that delivering a smooth sharp performance, cutting through my stubble effortlessly.

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

This afternoon i have an appointment for my 2nd Covid-19 vaccine.

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:

SOTD : 29th May 2021.

View attachment 70698

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Blade : Polsilver Super Iridium. (D1)
Razor : Parker Variant. (settings) 1.5 wtg, 2. xtg , 3. atg + Pickups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB./ Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start another long bank holiday weekend....maiden shave with the Cella Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream. The Verdict?....Let me say that I'm very very, fond of the classic Cella Crema Da Barba (Tallow) with it's wonderful cherry almond fragrance which has always gave me superb acceptable shaving results with no irritation or drying out issues. The Organic Aloe Vera version is a thirsty cream you only need a small almond size amount i to create a good lather. I personally find it to have a better slickness than the Cella Crema Da Barba "which is statement in itself" and the post shave feel is equally as good.

The scent of it i would describe to my nose, as 'light & fresh'.

A wonderful pre-birthday present to myself which i look forward to using again in my future shaves.

The Parker Variant/Polsilver was a superb combo. The Polsilver blades, like the Gillette Sharp Edge. (yellow) feel slightly rough on the first pass, but mellow out after that delivering a smooth sharp performance, cutting through my stubble effortlessly.

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

This afternoon i have an appointment for my 2nd Covid-19 vaccine.

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
Good luck with your 2nd jab today. :)

Paul.

Sat 29 SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Karve Brass SB-D (Prefer this to the F)
Blade Rapira Panhpa 1st (Original?)
Post & Aftershaves Alum + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Beautiful lather from the soap!! Great scent, thickly creamy and slick...just excellent!
Shave with razor paired with this questionable blade was truly amazing! Had some doubts if it's an original blade and would it cut...but from the 1st stroke to the last...atg on the upper lips...it was a wow! Barely felt smoothness, very comfortable and surprisingly it's efficient too. 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs glass feel finish...awesome aftershaves as well!
20210529_075133.jpg

IMG_20210529_071217_6~2.jpg
Shave of the day.
29th May 2021.

Razor - Feather WS-D2.
Blade - Souplex #5.
Soap - Figaro P.160.
Brush - Shavemac 30mm silvertip fan.
Post - Pinaud clubman classic vanilla after shave lotion.

A great bank holiday weekend shave, the razor and blade combo working perfectly together.
The P.160 was whipped into a luxurious creamy lather with the wonderfully soft wall of badger that is the 30mm Shavemac.
I was left with a BBS finish with little effort and finished off with a good splash of Clubman vanilla aftershave, lovely!

Have a great bank holiday weekend chaps.

Paul.

View attachment 70703
Shave of the day.
29th May 2021.

Razor - Feather WS-D2.
Blade - Souplex #5.
Soap - Figaro P.160.
Brush - Shavemac 30mm silvertip fan.
Post - Pinaud clubman classic vanilla after shave lotion.

A great bank holiday weekend shave, the razor and blade combo working perfectly together.
The P.160 was whipped into a luxurious creamy lather with the wonderfully soft wall of badger that is the 30mm Shavemac.
I was left with a BBS finish with little effort and finished off with a good splash of Clubman vanilla aftershave, lovely!

Have a great bank holiday weekend chaps.

Paul.
Classic Vanilla is nice stuff
Plenty of alcohol for a bit of sting !

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 29th May 2021

Shave Score 9.8/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / NIVEA MEN DEEP Anti-Blackhead Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Goodfellas - Sea Citrus
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: Merkur 500 (4,4,2)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Post Shave ASL: Goodfellas - Sea Citrus
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Cairo

Trying out my first goodfellas soap today, picked four up off a forum member, was very good quality, a quick 10 second load up for four face lathers, didn’t have to reload, subtle scent and tons or residual slickness left after each pass.
The ASL was top notch as well, again nice and subtle.

Have a great Saturday all

Joe

70C88925-0365-4034-ABD0-E26A5C7D2B7C.jpeg

Prep: Shower and PAA cube
Pre: PAA cube
Soap: Yaqi sandalwood soap
Brush: Yaqi Cavern Lake Two Band Badger
Razor: Pearl Flexi
Blade: Persona Viking Sword
Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and L’Oréal barbershop reinforcing aftershave balm.
This brush looks fantastic, has a little stiffness which I’m guessing will soften with use and created a ridiculous lather. It looks beautiful with the morning light filtering through the aqua blue handle.
The soap… well it started so well, the smell is genuinely one of the strongest I’ve ever had straight out of opening the tin. Strong but mild sandalwood hits you and it’s comforting and warming. It then layers a ridiculous amount exploding out the tin lulling me into a false sense of security. I started lathering my face, again very impressed by the sheer volume of the overflowing soap… however then reality hit, it was despite the amount produced, it turned out to be smoke and mirrors a thin, synthetic type soap. Basically a spray foam/gel like soap, it gave at best an ok shave saved only by the PAA cubes slickness. By the third pass it was going on cm deep but disappearing before I’d completed the pass. I guess the best way to describe it, is the opposite of the unexpected and pleasant surprise you get when using a Yaqi brush. It’s extremely cheap, tick, smells great, tick, but just doesn’t deliver on a smooth luxurious lather. It’s a shame but on the key elements you want on the soap it hits the price and smell brilliantly but fails on the most important main purpose a slick lather.
Consigned to the bin or bath for my kids to play with and it’s bubble bath like foam.

Attachments

• 89C7E12F-3A87-4BA7-BA3B-D3422D58F241.jpeg
    89C7E12F-3A87-4BA7-BA3B-D3422D58F241.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 9962FC28-B16D-48DA-8ED0-FEAC20135049.jpeg
    9962FC28-B16D-48DA-8ED0-FEAC20135049.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 23D0B22B-9A35-4A7F-9F9C-29FD8EC625E0.jpeg
    23D0B22B-9A35-4A7F-9F9C-29FD8EC625E0.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 4
Today's shave:

rdt2105295qkdy.jpg