SOTD : Saturday 29th May to Friday 4th June 2021.

29/05/21
Pre: Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - 26mm Silvertip - Resin
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat
Razor: Focus R48
Blade: Permasharp SE (2)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Aragn Oil and Balm
Aftershave: Signature soap Danum
Wk 22 (1).JPG
A very rare outing for the Focus R48, i really like the look and design of the razor, however, i do not use it as recommended as putting pressure on the head just feels "Alien" to me, instead i find the angle where the blade cuts and use that angle, which is quite steep, does it work? Hell yeah!
I also use a loose lather as the head can struggle to clear the lather, especially if using as recommended.
I actually prefer the Razorock ECO shave wise.
A nice 2 pass shave and touch up on the whirlpools leaving smooth and clean and ready for the day ahead.

Anyway like Brian @Palmolive fox i am also out for my 2nd vaccine this afternoon, cannot wait to get it done.
Enjoy the Weekend All, and remember :-
Stay safe and enjoy your day. We are not out of this yet.

Saturday, 29 May

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade 7 O’clock Yellow (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My Saturday setup (with the Mekur slant and a 7 O’clock Yellow as this week’s blade of choice), it made for a nice three-pass BBS shave. Have a good start to the Bank Holiday weekend, folks.

Oh come on Barry. Letting the side down here

Good luck today sir. My 2nd on Thursday. Just hope it is easier than the 1st. Slept for 14 hours solid
I have a memory like a sieve for dates, sometimes i can't see for looking!....Hopefully i won't have any problems with the second Jab..As @Tony'schin schin said i can't wait to get it done..Like most people i F#####g hate needles!..Good luck for Thursday. Take care. Yours-Barry. (y)

Saturday SOTD

v5pvI7D.jpg

Timeless ALSB45 / Gillette Nacet
Yaqi Arctic Sky 24mm Silvertip Badger
WK Fougere Mania Shaving Soap & AS

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ The Night Before
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac

Back
Top Bottom