SOTD: Saturday 29th June - Friday 5th July 2019.

30/06/19

Razor: Oneblade Core
Blade: FHS-10 (1)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Soap: Kapo
Pre: Pears
ASL: Nivea 2 Phase

This shave wasn't as good as yesterday's. I used the same technique but ended up picking up a couple of small nicks around my mouth (yep, with a Oneblade!!) Although the end result is still socially acceptable. Perhaps the poorer shave is due to the new blade and they'll pick up in quality again. If that's the case, I may have binned the last blade too early at 4 shaves.

The Kapo cream is very good and lathers easily but it's pretty much scent free which may be a turn off for some. Very slick (so I know I can't attribute the shave quality to this). Could be a good cream for @donnie_arko ?

b9cdb913a0014090aacf9e4ba5af5c30.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Sotd - Sunday the 30th of June.

Sotd-30:6:19.jpg

Razor - Rockwell - plate 4
blade - Wizamet Polsilver (3)
brush - Semogue 2000 boar
soap - Vitos 'Eucalyptus' tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol 'Agua Balsamica'
balm - Weleda
scent - Quorum edt.

Result - great -

I didn't need to shave again today - virtually nothing to take off after yesterday - but heh - those products aren't going to use themselves. Enjoy your shaves in the forthcoming week - yours - I.

30/06/19

Razor: Oneblade Core
Blade: FHS-10 (1)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Soap: Kapo
Pre: Pears
ASL: Nivea 2 Phase

This shave wasn't as good as yesterday's. I used the same technique but ended up picking up a couple of small nicks around my mouth (yep, with a Oneblade!!) Although the end result is still socially acceptable. Perhaps the poorer shave is due to the new blade and they'll pick up in quality again. If that's the case, I may have binned the last blade too early at 4 shaves.

The Kapo cream is very good and lathers easily but it's pretty much scent free which may be a turn off for some. Very slick (so I know I can't attribute the shave quality to this). Could be a good cream for @donnie_arko ?

b9cdb913a0014090aacf9e4ba5af5c30.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. I've been meaning to pick up a tube of Karo when I get around to placing an order with Gemstone. I'll be sure to add one to the basket when I do.

Cheers.

Sotd - Sunday the 30th of June.

View attachment 45237

Razor - Rockwell - plate 4
blade - Wizamet Polsilver (3)
brush - Semogue 2000 boar
soap - Vitos 'Eucalyptus' tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol 'Agua Balsamica'
balm - Weleda
scent - Quorum edt.

Result - great -

I didn't need to shave again today - virtually nothing to take off after yesterday - but heh - those products aren't going to use themselves. Enjoy your shaves in the forthcoming week - yours - I.
Well said

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

image.jpeg

Shave Of The Day, 1st July

Prep ~ MWF (Bath soap)
Razor ~ Carbon Shaving Co - Cx
Blade ~ Wizamet Polsilver Stainless
Soap ~ MWF (The Fat)
Brush ~ Semouge 2018 LE Boar
Post ~ Barts - Lavender aftershave lotion
Scent ~ Penhalligons Sartorial

The first day of my one soap for a month challenge, I have chosen MWF as my soap of choice and it will be a challenge for someone like me who uses a different soap every day!

Have a happy Monday folks.....P.

1 July

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Plisson size 12 synthetic
Edwin Jagger 3one6
Personna Super med prep
Proraso green asl
Chanel Bleu

379B3931-08B2-4ED1-A977-2B89123F032F.jpeg
A very pleasant two pass shave in a hurry, this morning. I was running late but still accomplished a close and damage free shave with the 3one6. I think that, as I continue use this razor, it is beginning to feel like a very good razor indeed.

Back
Top Bottom