SOTD: Saturday 29th June - Friday 5th July 2019.

Sat 29th June

Jayaruh Syn. No67
L`Occitane Cade cream
Gem Micromatic- brass
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

A while back many thought the Original Micromatic was a fearsome beast, now I am wondering why as with a good lather
and the right angle it shaves so smoothly, even with a new blade. I was happy enough wth the finish on the Upper face, but having had such success with the Occams around the neck, I was rather disappointed with my efforts with the Gem in that area, maybe rushed a bit.

IMG_0551.jpg

Saturday, 29 June 2019

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Astra Platinum (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris Jermyn Street

I don't know what it was, whether it was dud blade, or my technique was off this morning, but I managed to make my face look a bit like raw hamburger. So to prevent blood donation tomorrow, I put a new blade in the razor (a new Nacet) for tomorrow. A bit of a frustrating week: I tried a Rapira Swedish Steel last weekend, but only got four shaves out of it. It became uncomfortably rough on the fifth shave (and unpleasantly so on the sixth—causing me to switch to my Mekur 23C with an Astra which I keep on hand). So now I know: "four and out" with a Rapira.

Have a nice weekend, and keep cool.

Saturday 29th June

Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Treet Black
Soap - Lea Cream
Brush - Zenith B07
Post - Alum
AS - Brut Oceans

Today, I received PIF of a lot of blades from the very generous Paul/@Blademonkey and it seemed like a fine opportunity to use one of the many blades and of the numerous varieties, I went for a Treet Black. It paired pretty well with the Yaqi DOC, the first pass had a bit of tugging but the third pass was truly delightful, one of the rare passes where it seemed like a near enough perfect combination of all factors involved and consequently my face is feeling fantastic. A rare outing for the Alum block as even though I didn't pick up weepers I find rubbing the Alum block all over my face (and behind my ears) to be a small gesture against trying to make my face less greasy on a day as baking as today.

Anyway chaps, have a great Saturday.

Prep: Tüff. Vor der Rasur
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Paladin PK-47
Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing verde
Razor: Carbon Shaving Co. CX
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Tüff. Rasierwasser
AS: Swiss Pitralon

[IMG]

Best Regards
Marco

Date:- 30 June 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ English Rose
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'B' / Polsilver Super Iridium #2
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tabac

Back
Top Bottom