SOTD: Saturday 29th June - Friday 5th July 2019.

Monday 1st July

Brush - Omega 80265
Soap - Lea Cream
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Bic Chrome Platinum (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Superdrug Sierra Breeze

A really good shave today, starting with the lather I'd not used my 80265 for a while as I've been largely been using other boar brushes (some new) and forgot how superb a performer the 80265 is. In terms of efficiency it seems to almost be up there with my synths and it's so much more efficient than all my other boar brushes. It has the perfect amount of scrub and backbone as well, more backbone than the other Omegas with the same sized knots I own.
In the PIF box of blades from @Blademonkey there were some Bic Chrome Platinums, which I'd used before and found them incredibly sharp but very rough to the face. It was a fair old while back when I last used one so I thought it might be a good idea to test out one once again now that I have a slightly better technique and some more razors. I put the blade into one of my mildest razors, a pre war Fat Handle Tech and in the shave the combination was truly superb, smooth and efficient, with at times it felt like there was no blade in the razor.

Anyway chaps, have a good start to the week/Month!

01/07/19
Pre shave prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: GFCC Premium Sandalwood
Razor: Mongoose SS-B3
Blade: Kai Captain (6)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Barts Rosemary & Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
A/S: CK One

20190701_150249.jpg

After another Visit to the dentist and another tusk removed i was feeling a bit sorry for myself earlier, i was really looking forward to todays shave.
A fantastically smooth and efficient 3 pass shave with the Mongoose.
The GFCC cream worked well again, although the scent is very light on this one, Sandalwood, it did not detract from the performance of the shave and the post shave is pretty good also.
A nice post shave routine and i am feeling pretty good now.
Soup for tea though :cry:.

Have a great night all.

Last edited:
And today my theme for my shave was 'Again Again Again and.......Again'

Razor of the moment - Colonial General
Blade of the moment - Kai Captain
Soap of the moment - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
The moment of the brush - Razorock Plissoft 24mm synthetic

This little combination has kept me smooth and wonderful for the most of this past week and when something works brilliantly then why change anything?

Once again a fantastic result and so effing smooth I am feeling smoother than any dolphin ever could.

'Goodbye and thanks for the fish'

Monday AM 2019-07-01

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle with tepid water
Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/51)
Eufros/Jabonman Sandalo shaving soap + Coate's Sandalwood shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR1-SB Titanium/UFO Little Titan
Gillette 'Swede' (17)
Floris Santal aftershave

The Coate's cream does not smell as good as the Sandalo soap, but it definitely improved the quality of the lather.
3IAwejy.jpg

Monday evening

The Fat
Yaqi Red Marble 24mm Tuxedo synth
Face lather
MÜHLE R41/iKon OSS handle
Shark stainless #3
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Snake Bite after shave

Ok, I'll probably have to shave this time tomorrow. However, my face feels like it won't need a razor near it for a fortnight. That was an outstanding one. A steel handle on the R41 head must really transform this beast. The combo harmonised beautifully with the MWF, which gave a great lather. I honestly think that was one of the best shaves I've had recently.

6818A2CD-8D08-4DC7-A958-DB4F3749763A.jpeg

Mon 1st July

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED. 2Band
Arko grated
Schick "O" Clone
Schick Twin -Japan [ 3 ]
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Got a bit of sunburn yesterday, as stuck on finish line whilst officiating. The "O" clone was a good choice as it is a smooth and forgiving Razor, got quite a nice close all round finish without any problems.

IMG_0555.jpg

Prep: Cold face wash Pears Lemon Flower
Soap: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow
Bowl: Timeless
Razors: QShave futur settings 5 and 2
Blade: Personna Red (1)
PSB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill
I feel great after not shaving for a week just was not in the mood plus i wanted to give a razor a workout which the QShave did very well

Date:- 02 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ English Rose
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3ONE6 Knurled / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #1
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Early Morning and it doesn't get much Better :)

Preshave: Henro de Previa - thanks @culcreuch and @Digimonkey for a wonderful recomendation
Soap: Wickhams Irish Fern
Brush: Lovely Shavemac 24mm Fan Synthetic
Blade: Personna Lab Blue - Fast becoming a Favourite
Razor: Paradigm Titanium II - :)
Balm: Barts Unscented - Another Firm Favourite
EDT: Copy Cat Oud Intense

Have a wonderful day everyone

tuesday.jpg

Back
Top Bottom