SOTD Saturday 29nd Aug to Friday 4th Sept 2020

Hi Chris

"None of this turning it 90 degrees etc, but more a la Kamisori."

Whatever works really people use all sorts of technique , there are people who complete the shave entirely with the dominant hand very succesfully. I found with me itis amazing how much the left hand develops as you practice.

Last edited:
Mon 31 SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor RR Game Changer.84 SB
Blade Permasharp Super 1st Use
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Good lather with nice scent, just too mild. Face lathering with brush feels great and the resulting lather was creamy and slick.
3+1 multiple direction passes shave with razor paired with new blade. Initial impression for 3 passes was very good. Felt sharp but yet smooth and comfortable. Felt comfortable around lips area. As always, caught a weeper on the pickup, trying to close a BBS deal. Icy water rinse stopped the weeper easily while Thayers refreshed then Hyaluronic soothed.
Nice lather, razor & blade for a BBS session with 9.5/10 rating.

Mon 31st August

RR Syn. 22mm
P & B Spitfire
ER 1924 + Claymore handle [ 4 ]
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash.

After a surprisingly poor Shave with a "Streamline", I was a bit unsure how the 1924 would perform as both had blades on a 4th outing.
My concerns were quickly dispelled as the Shave was smooth and comfortable, and I had no problems getting a superb close all round finish. The 1924 IMHO is one of the best affordable Vintage SE Razors around, especially if used with a longer handle.

31/08/20

Razor: ATT S1 Calypso
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm
Soap: Osma Laboratories
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Signature Soaps Eboracum
ASB: LEA

I was expecting to be disappointed with the Osma soap but it performed really well (I used it like a shave stick due to its diameter and depth). A unique post shave feeling that I liked. This was an impulse purchase to bulk up my subscribe and save order and it's a keeper.