SOTD: Saturday 29 October - Friday 4 November 2022.

Friday AM 2022-11-04
Tutankhamun's tomb was discovered by Howard Carter on this date in 1922
27UNPFf.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Darwin Copper
Wilkinson London Bridge (3)
Ralph Lauren Polo aftershave
8kFS83y.jpg

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade
Soap: Zingari Man: The Rambler (Sego)

after what was a shockingly rough shave with the Vokshod, it was an absolute delight to get back to the Gillette Bleue Extra, and the Zingari Man is without a doubt a premier league soap, with slickness for days! A glorious shave.

ACAC4AB8-C6D3-48D9-8803-6FE695EAA32F.jpeg
SOTD: 04/11/2022

Razor: Executive Shaving Claymore Evolution
Blade: Feather Pro, 8th use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Future Fiction Croap
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

My favourite PAA soap, with a superb brush and razor, made a superb start to the day.

E1720A18-15AC-40EC-AF84-D011BC43350F.jpeg

Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Leaf (Astra SP 2)
Blackland Vector (Schick Proline 1)
Edwin Jagger XL STF
Bodyshop Maca Root
Homemade witch hazel with glycerin, lavender, peppermint and tea tree essential oils
L’Occitane Original Balm

Super head and face shave this evening. Went back to my favourite AC blade the Schick Proline after trialing a couple of Feather Super Pro’s. Even on the first use it was so much smoother. Not had much of a chance to post or view many SOTD’s this week but will enjoy having a good catch up tonight.

Have a great weekend all.

The usual 'My last shave for this week of SOTD's', and this one as fresh as can be arrives with the theme, 'Shaving with potters slurry'

20221104_155919.jpg

Grogged porcelain - Muhle R89
Red earthenware - Polsilver Lodz
Raku - Zenith dark synthetic
Flax paper - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Craft crank - Collegen night moisturiser
Playdough - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos splash

'And it's over to Roger who has Satanfriendly in his studio for an exclusive interview'

'He's fucked off'

Tonight's shave was aimed to dispel the myth 'Abbate Y Mantia, a potters clay or a soapy potter?'

After being pleasantly reacquainted with the R89 the other day I decided it was time to get re-reaquainted with it once again. Again an excellent performance and a refreshing change to my usual aggressive stance. And boy is my skin taking to a milder razor in a wonderful way. A splash of Witch Hazel, a slap of moisturiser and my face is loving it.

The Abbate? As the photo shows, a gorgeous creamy lather and if someone made a vase out of this it wouldn't be a vase. It would be, it would be, it would be a shaving soap.

@hotmetal you are dispelled.

Have beautiful weekends you beautiful forum people and always remember, I love you all.

But not as much as beaver

And I get the impression the photographers in the front are more interested in beaver than they are The Beaver.

Razor = Edwin Jagger 3one6
Blade = Voskhod ( 2 )
Brush = Turn N Shave Boar Stoat Custom
Cream = The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe
with matching balm & EDT

767058A7-A980-4927-947E-B6A4C3DEE270.jpeg

Bit of a late one for me before bed
i’m up super early in the morning
3 o’clock :cry:
Never mind i thought i would squeeze this in before Saturday.
it really was a fine shave with zero issues & a wonderful 3 pass bbs.
It really is a bit underrated this stuff.
Anyway bed time for me
Enjoy your weekend & Stay Safe

Yesterday I had the same issue with this soap, constant burning sensation throughout the shave. Scent is excellent and I need to give it a few more shots before passing it forward.
Gave A&E Turkish coffee another chance this morning. Performance wise one of the best performing soaps I've tried. Today I tried hydrating lather as much as it can be hydrated to try to reduce burning sensation but without success. It burned so much that I was considering lathering something else for second pass. Not sure what's the cause of it is it perfume or some other ingredient but it's definitely the shame as I really enjoy this scent.

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw
S Soap: Declaration Grooming- Contemplation
Post: Declaration Grooming- Contemplation AS + L'Occitane - Cedrat ASB

A recent BST addition thanks to @Crossan this soap/splash was a pleasant surprise. My first DG soap and I have to say I am well impressed. Lathers with ease and the result is a very dense lather. The type that you can 'paint' over your face. Coupled with a complex lovely scent it has all the attributes I want in a soap.
I think I can squeeze just one more use out of the L'Occitane balm. Would love to replace it but wallet looks at me with disapproval. :(

View attachment 95768
Glad you like it man!

Back
Top Bottom