SOTD: Saturday 28th December 2019 - Friday 4th January 2020.

SOTD : 2nd January 2020.

d.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face & Head.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)

Face & Head Lather.

Soap: OSP ~ Neroli.

Blade: Gillette Winner.(2)

Razor: Ming Shi 3000s Adjustable. (settings) wtg 5, xtg 6, atg + pick ups 7.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Geoffrey Beene ~ Grey Flannel ASL./Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

Geoffrey Beene ~ Grey Flannel EDT.

Greetings,

First face & head shave of 2020 and second outing of the ming shi 3000s tto adj, using the same settings as i did with it's maiden shave which paired together with the Gillette Winner blade superbly,resulting in a 3 pass + pick ups socially acceptable face & head shave with no errors to report.The chinese made synthetic brush & adjustable razor both performed wonderfully,making my first face & head shave of 2020 a very pleasurable experience.

Finishing the shave off with few generous squirts of Geoffrey Beene ~ Grey Flannel EDT to the pulse points.

My face & feeling smooth & smelling devine. ;)

My intended plan for 2020 , is to carry on adding soft & hardware items to my sotd set ups that i haven't gave much attention to in the past, due to impulsive buying bouts and reaching for trusted items, after my ruthless den clear-out last year "yet again" i'm now on a near-clear footing with only a few newly added christmas pressie additions that have been added to my den, which if i have to be truefully honest with myself i didn't really need, but i'm ever so grateful and happy that they are now part of my humble traditional wet shaving soft & hardware which i intend to use and get pleasure from rather than use a few times then forget i have them.

Having a vast variety of something isn't always a good thing, you can't appreciate it enough.

I intend to try and curb my urges and make 'NO MORE' impulsive shaving related buying bouts this year, 'i know we all say this,' but i'm going to do my best...with a few exceptions such as my birthday,or if i really need it, which at this present moment in time i don't,so that'll be it for a few months at least.I've said this umteenth times "i've got what i need, not what i want".I'm going try to keep to my word and start to appreciate more, and use up what i already have in my humble shaving den. Enough said.

A wonderful face & head shave to start year off in style...Wishing you all good health, peace happiness and contentedness for 2020.

I'm going to enjoy my last few days of relaxation before i return to the mill early on monday morning...As always needs must unfortunately.

Have a peaceful relaxing day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Thursday 01.02.20 SOTD

DSCF0007 - Edited (11).jpg
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Pre Shave Oil
Karve Christopher Bradley Gladius OC “C” Plate
Perma-Sharp Super Stainless (3)
Frank Shaving 24mm x 50mm Silvertip Badger
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream

Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave

DSCF0015 - Edited (8).jpg

Date:- 02 January 2020
Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Pharaoh's Dreamsicle
Razor/Blade:- Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic / Personna PTFE Coated Injector #5
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Thursday 2nd January
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - OSP Neroli - Pal Injectomatic - Schick Proline B #3 - Alum - Superdrug Forest Fresh A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
PUrivWz.jpg

Prep: Bath
Pre shave: Proraso White
Soap: TOBs lavender - bowl lathered in QShave scuttle
Brush: Omega 49 boar
Razor/Blade: RR GC .84/ Gillette Nacet (2)
ASL: Proraso Green
Balm: Geo Trumper extract of lime (free sample)

Uneventful first shave of the decade. 3 comfortable passes giving BBS finish. The lavender soap was another Xmas present and whilst bathing I allowed it to bloom. I used my well broken in boar brush to whip up a lovely lather.

Thursday

Palmolive Classic Cream
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
Gillette New (ex Red and Black Set, U.S., 1934?)
Gillette Nacet (2)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Fine Fresh Vetiver

It was good to use the trusty Palmolive cream again. A small, fingertip sized snurdle yielded plenty lather and my post-shave feel is outstanding. The cream seems to go well with herby, grassy scents; hence the Vetiver. Pitralon Classic goes well the Palmolive too.

DAE636D4-1729-4B1A-87D6-37D9D6642FB1.jpeg

02/01/2020
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Silver Wolf Mysterious 24mm
Soap: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor: Karve - C - SS
Blade: Gillette Rubie (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Orange and Patchouli

P1020001.JPG
3 Passes for a really comfortable finish.
Have a great day All

Thur 2nd Jan.
Jayaruh Syn. No67
Lea Classic soap
ATT SE1
Schick Proline [ 4 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

My First Shave of 2020 but my second from a seated position. Actually not bad at all, as I really cocentated on getting things to go well. so the resultant finish was super good. I cannot see me doing daily Razor changes as moving items to the Bathroom whilst on crutches is a pain, SOTD photos are likely to be infrequent too for that reason.

Last edited:
This day my theme for my shave was 'Rubbish'

IMG_20200102_183312.jpg

Great razor - Black Blacklands Blackbird
Fantastic blade - Polsilver Lodz
Super duper brush - Cadman 30mm
Nice soap - MWF
Beautiful scent - TOBS Eaton

Mix it altogether and for some reason a razor which didn't want to cut, a soap which didn't to lather and a brush which just didn't want to play. End result? A truly trashy shave in every respect. So rubbish I thought an equally trash photo might be very much in the same taste

Feeling as rough as a badgers ass and my fan club agrees

The scent was great though and cheered me up at the end of the worse shave for a long time. So disgusted I have decided to deny you all some very nice Japanese girls and you can have some of this instead

8158578C-29F2-491A-8B0D-8FFE215919E1.jpeg

SOTD 01/02/2020

Another wonderful shave! The Feather clear shave gel did not do well with the brush, but the PAA preshave Cube soap face lathered very nicely with my Jayaruh Custom Boar. I have decided to let part of my beard grow back in, and the clear gel helped in allowing me to cut the appropriate lines in. In any case another two pass BBS with this great shaving tool left me feeling smooth, clean and refreshed.

RAZOR: Seki AS-D2
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by PAA's Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Boar
CREAM: Feather Hishave Moist Gel
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with GlyceGlycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Old SpiceFresh Lime

Back
Top Bottom