SOTD: Saturday 28th December 2019 - Friday 4th January 2020.

For my last shave and SOTD of this year the theme was 'My last shave and SOTD of this year'

IMG_20191231_171308.jpg

Old new friend - Ikon SB in matt finish on an OSS handle
An old friend - Polsilver Lodz
A new friend - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
New for old - Extro Arzachena
Old for new - Floris Santal

And an old fiend wishes you all a most wonderful New Year and a great year ahead

And may it last a little longer than this lady's new year celebration trick which lasted slightly longer than this video clip

This was really a reach in the cupboard and see what random selection could throw up.......some peeping of course. Was out with @Rob998 last night and the word Ikon came up in conversation which really goes a long way to shed some light in to what menial rubbish we must talk about. Anyway, Ikon SB it was to be and what a great choice I must say to myself. And I must say the same for the blade, the brush, the soap and that Floris stuff you spray on in the hope of making one smell nicer than how one really feels...which is quite shit to be honest, Damn that @Rob998 man

Throw it altogether though in some kind of order and the end result is one rather smooth and gorgeously aromatic shave. In fact feeling smoother than a sheep convention

Have a great time you most bodacious and lovely people of this 'Shave and proud of it' community. And I leave you with this bunch I came across. Yes, Japanese, yes (almost) girly and yes, different

SOTD Tuesday 31st December 2019

Pre-shave - Hot shower / Acqua Di Parma Colonia Shower Gel, Shampoo and Conditioner / Nivea Sensitive Face Wash / Proraso Green pre-shave cream
Brush - Stirling Soap Company Finest Badger
Cream - Acqua Di Parma Colonia
Razor / Blade - OneBlade Genesis / Feather FHS (2)
Post-shave - Thayers Cucumber / Nivea 2 Phase / Acqua Di Parma Colonia body cream
EdC - Acqua Di Parma Colonia

Final shave of 2019, which also happens to be a birthday shave, so it's something a bit special.

I hope 2020 brings you all happiness and top shaves!

All the Best!

View attachment 50116

Happy Birthday !

Tue 31st Dec
RazoRock Syn 24mm
Vitos Super Red
ATT SE 1
Schick Proline
Myrsol Antesol A/S Lotion

My first Shave since Friday as I managed to fall on the stairs and fractured ,my fibula near the ankle.Have a boot and crutches so not very mobile. Feeling grungy managed a sit down Shave with the aid of a computer chair and travel mirror.
Just so good to be clean Shaven.

Tue 31st Dec
RazoRock Syn 24mm
Vitos Super Red
ATT SE 1
Schick Proline

My first Shave since Friday as I managed to fall on the stairs and fractured ,my fibula near the ankle.Have a boot and crutches so not very mobile. Feeling grungy managed a sit down Shave with the aid of a computer chair and travel mirror.

By gosh, I do so hope you recover nice and quickly.

Is there an award for shaving during times of adversity?

Absolutely

Tue 31st Dec
RazoRock Syn 24mm
Vitos Super Red
ATT SE 1
Schick Proline

Not so good, Mike. Get mobile soon.

S.

My shave earlier today:
Prep: Bath and face wash with simple soap
Pre shave: Proraso white
Brush: Big Jock Silvertip Badger
Shave Cream: TOBs grapefruit lathered in QShave scuttle
Razor/Blade: Merkur Futur/Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow
ASL: Proraso green
Balm: Nivea Sensitive.

BBS 3 pass shave with the gold Merkur Futur (Xmas present from daughter) @ settings 3/2/1. No cuts nor nicks despite this being an aggressive razor. This is the 3rd time I've used it and today shave was the best of the 3, even getting it nice and smooth below my nose. Not only does this razor look good, it sounds good as well, with lots of auditory feedback.

01/01/2020

WILLIAMS WEDNESDAY

Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: JR #355
Soap:Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Razor: Supply V2
Blade: Personna (6)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: 1912 Citrus Musk

PC300010.jpg

Although i am running a DE rotation Williams Wednesday just has to be carried out with an SE.
I have settled on using an old Proraso tub to hold the puck and it worked well.
2 Passes for a very nice finish today.
Happy New Year All.

Last edited:
Tue 31st Dec
RazoRock Syn 24mm
Vitos Super Red
ATT SE 1
Schick Proline

That sounds terrible. Get well soon mpf9fret.

Tue 31st Dec
RazoRock Syn 24mm
Vitos Super Red
ATT SE 1
Schick Proline

Get Well Soon!

Wednesday 1st January

Vitos Pre Shave
Wickham 1912 Scottish Heather Soap
Simpson Commodore X3 Badger Brush
Broman SE with a Perma Sharp
Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber
Creighton's Moisturiser
Grey Flannel EDT

My planned week for DE razors came to an abrupt halt with the arrival of my Broman SE. In use similar to the Focus R48 but without the learning curve for fitting a blade.
3 passes for a fantastic finish. I should comment that as the soap was so slick....there was very little blade feel after the first pass but stubble was still evident in the shaved off lather.

I hope everyone has a Happy and Prosperous 2020.

Back
Top Bottom