SOTD: Saturday 28th December 2019 - Friday 4th January 2020.

Valobra Stick
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette SS Red Tip B2
Gillette Nacet #1
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Fine Italian Citrus

I wasn't sure what to kick off the roaring twenties with, shave-wise. After significant SE/DE deliberation, I opted for my Red Tip, manufactured during the second quarter of 1956. Paired with a Nacet (a smooth, but incredibly efficient blade), it gave a perfect shave this morning; and the Valobra soap provided the perfect base.

Happy New Year to all of you and yours.

S.

D6783E33-A43B-40EB-9A30-6C95EDA40518.jpeg

01/01/20

Razor: Supply V1 #2
Blade: Personna PTFE (10)
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Soap: TOBS Mr Taylor
Pre: Proraso Blue
ASL: Superdrug Sierran Breeze
ASB: Proraso Blue

IMG_20200101_142212.jpg

First shave of this decade. A DFS finish but I think 10 uses of the Personna blade may be the maximum for me. It's not pulling and could probably go for many more shaves but there's a tiny bit of feedback from the aftershave and the finish isn't quite as good. More than happy with 10 shaves from a blade! Mr Taylor is also a very nice smelling cream.

SOTD 01/01: Merkur Progress, Gillette Red Stainless (4), Strike Gold Shave POTUS knotted with a 24mm Timberwolf, Gillette Pure, Siliski Soaps Sea Spice Moisturising Post Shave

200101-SOTD.jpg

Last edited:
F8CF6C74-A2E4-4318-ACC4-1E84A51B219F.jpeg

SOTD 01/01/2020

Well vintage shave a day is over, and with the new year, I'll be focusing on some of my favorite razors. I'm kicking this month off with one of me apex shavers, the Seki AS-D2. Many have stated that this razor is too mild! In the spirit of ‘Technique Trumps Tools', I would respectfully disagree. My first few shaves with the razor led me to the same conclusion! I have since learned that the razor has a somewhat narrow sweet spot, but when dialed in correctly with a Feather blade, there is no razor I own that shaves closer! Two passes over my well refrigerated face and dome - PAA Menthol Preshave Cube coupled with Chiseled Face Cryogen - resulted in a smooooth, bloodless, refreshingly coool shave to launch my new monthly focus! It will be a weekly razor focus this month with alternating software. Happy New Year to all!

RAZOR: Seki AS-D2
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Chiseled Face Cryogen
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Chiseled Face Cryogen AS Splash

Wednesday AM 2020-01-01

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Stubby 3XL Ivory Finest (30/52)
Roger & Gallet l'Homme shaving soap (vintage)
Gillette New Long Comb/Bob's Razor Works Amboyna Burl
Tiger Platinum (3)
Roger & Gallet l'Homme aftershave (vintage)

Another great BBS shave. The blade was very smooth, like its first use. The soap made wonderful lather.
vjkmriN.jpg

oTEQhdW.jpg

1/1/19

Brush - Yaqi Rainbow
Soap - Proraso Green
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Tiger Platinum (1)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Cool Kick Balm
AS - Akcay Tobacco

First shave of the year (and with that a Happy New Year/Decade to everyone on this forum) and the first time using the new Tiger Platinum blade, which is a double wrapped Czech made blade with 4 very small glue spots (not close to the blade edges) and in the shave it felt almost near enough exact to a PPI Gillette blade, I was very impressed.

Anyway chaps, I hope you had a good start to the year and the NYE hangover subsided with relative ease.

For my first shave and SOTD of this year my very original theme was 'My first shave and SOTD of this year'

IMG_20200101_195919.jpg

It also saved me time by copying and pasting from my last SOTD

Still suffering from the past two days and will cut it all short by saying a great smooth start to the new year. In fact brilliant.

And something to start the new year on

And something for @culcreuch and his fear of the vice squad

For my first shave and SOTD of this year my very original theme was 'My first shave and SOTD of this year'

View attachment 50152

It also saved me time by copying and pasting from my last SOTD

Still suffering from the past two days and will cut it all short by saying a great smooth start to the new year. In fact brilliant.

And something to start the new year on

And something for @culcreuch and his fear of the vice squad

Thank you for the New Year Gift. Not sure about the one with the beard......but you are beginning to de sensitize me. Keep up the good work!

1IZA3Lo.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: Barrister Reserve Fern
Razor: UFO Tornado / Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Silver (6)
Scent:Boellis Panama 1924

This was my final shave of 2019, and a good'un.

Tue 31st Dec
RazoRock Syn 24mm
Vitos Super Red
ATT SE 1
Schick Proline
Myrsol Antesol A/S Lotion

My first Shave since Friday as I managed to fall on the stairs and fractured ,my fibula near the ankle.Have a boot and crutches so not very mobile. Feeling grungy managed a sit down Shave with the aid of a computer chair and travel mirror.
Just so good to be clean Shaven.
Struth - that's no good, Mate! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Back
Top Bottom