SOTD:
View attachment 65583
SOTD:
▫️Wolf Whiskers - Kaylee
▫️Imaginary Authors/Noble Otter -
Telegrama
▫️Carbon, Cx-Atlas (2G) Web ++
▫️Timor Blade (2)

I had not heard of this release and I live close to them as well.

28/2/21

Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo
Soap - Proraso SF Green Cream
Razor - Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - Silver Star (3)
Post - Denim AS

I've been using synth brushes for a while now, maybe 4 or 5 years?

Today I noticed my use with them seems to follow this pattern, with buying a new one being really impressed with their functionality (no lather eating, no pre soak) and consistency with building a lather, then I start to find a few of the negatives, which mainly exist with them being a little charmless if that makes sense and return to using boar brushes.
After a while of using mainly boar brushes I find myself seeing the appeal of using synth brushes again, and buy another synth to see whether I will find one which has a bit of character to it and really enjoy using them again to begin with before once again finding them a little devoid of character then go back to using my boar brushes.
I own a number of synths, aside from the one Omega S brush, all my others are Yaqis (a few Plissofts, 3 Tuxedos, a faux horse) and they all make a great lather and there are subtle differences, but as long as the glue bump isn't set too high they all perform very close to each other, and I question why I've continued to add more Yaqi synths over the years.

Synth brush ramble aside, the shave was a good one. The Proraso SF produces a very nice slick lather, very easy to build as well, even though a small amount goes a long way, I think Proraso lathers are always a bit more enjoyable if they are overloaded for a soap a little more, which I didn't do today.
3rd shave with the Silver Star blade and it's very smooth, it was the sharpest on the first use and I think it's a blade that might prefer being used with a slightly more efficient razor than I paired it with. It's a blade that feels very comfortable but produces very close results nonetheless, I think I will buy a few more of these when I am finished with this blade and the other one I have in my stock.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday chaps.

I had not heard of this release and I live close to them as well.

This was a soft release early February, following from Noble Otter's teaser post on Instagram early last year. Just hoping more fragrance houses and soap makers do more of these collaborations.. But I do hope Imaginary Authors offer more of their fragrance offerings in partnership with Noble Otter.

Sun 28th February

The Grosvenor -404 mixed
OSP Bay Rum
RR HawkV3 -OC plate
Feather Proguard [ 7 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

The OC is for me an excellent Razor, as with most of the blades that i have used it delivers an good close finish. However, I think that to get the best out of it, a light touch is needed. With the guarded blade I get good results and it is quite superb for working ATG even around the neck.

IMG_1347.jpg

FXu1aSF.jpg

28/02/2021

Razor: RazoRock Gamechanger .84
Blade: Asco Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Cadman Tuxedo 30mm
Soap: B&M Seville
Pre: Proraso Azur Lime
ASL: Floïd Vigaroso
ASB: Nivea

IMG_20210228_183120.jpg

Very happy with the new brush. It's an excellent face lathering brush despite its size and wasn't the lather hog I was expecting it to be.

The Asco performed very well again with the .84.

IMG_20210228_162027.jpg
Carbon CX 316 (original base plate)
Polsilver
ŌKU MADRID
Saponificio Varesino Dolomite
Reuzel aftershave

First time with the ŌKU brush. Very soft tips, we are talking Thäter soft. It's been a few years since I last used one but I would say it behaves similar to a Thäter but with more backbone.

@motto

Have a good week Gents. Stay safe.

Cheers
Rob

Sunday 28th February

That's a month of vegan soaps, in contemplation of Veganuary (contemplation :unsure: ) even if I am lathering up exclusively for the month with my new Semogue SOC Butterscotch boar. I'm also restricting to Indian sub-continent blades and a small number of razors: Muhle Rocca, RazoRock Slant, Yaqi Katana & Gillette 1950s Tech.

... and so in the style of @Satanfriendly I present "Run Dracula, Run!!!"

ACtC-3es8DC6MkNd5O5kz30TcmGx-e8Te5mdyuo0w44Cznp-_CAacS8nMloKMe1mIbn-uMRncOsgYDVQXALY8fIue3ptszNxRmVQ3hb7j9aaw7B-O4PNfltwd6HTB10pm8-S5qzywSCl1pdu7oZhJi4aQnAV0A=w800

"Thus are we ministers of God’s own wish: that the world, and men for whom His Son die, will not be given over to monsters, whose very existence would defame Him. He has allowed us to redeem one soul already, and we go out as the old knights of the Cross to redeem more. Like them we shall travel toward sunrise; and like them, if we fall, we fall in good cause." Dracula, Bram Stoker

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Wickham 1912 Gothic Revival Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Butterscotch (Boar)
RazoRock German Slant
SuperMax Sunrise Super Stainless (3)
Wickham Gothic Revival Aftershave

Three shaves with the SuperMax Sunrise Super Stainles and my conclusion is, it's the self-same blade as the regular SuperMax Super Stainless (in the green/yellow packaging). It shaves the same and the blade itself bears the same markings. Much thanks to @isaiah53 for the tuck! Cheers, pal! I'll enjoy the rest whenever I fancy dipping back into SuperMax.

I've enjoyed this month of restriction ...

I intended only veg/an soaps and actually just stuck with Wickham's which worked out very well for me. I own 11 of them (and bought in a sample of Union Sq mid-month) so had plenty of choice and did not find that when each week came around that I wanted to use anything different. Truth be told, I don't have a lot of soaps. I like MWF and I like HWF. Beyond that, I have some classics/vintage - Tabac, Old Spice, Erasmic, Rolls Razor, etc; I have a good stock of (again, "classic") shaving sticks - Palmolive, Wilkinson Sword, Arko, Derby, etc, all grated. So, those and Wickhams.

"Find something you like and use it often" Mike Phillips, Automotive Detailer (of Meguiars when I knew of him)

I've also enjoyed breaking in my new Semogue SOC Butterscotch boar (which I humorously named Rutger ... as in Rutger Hauer, you know: bright blonde hair, orange face) and he has indeed broken in nice and soft now. I wasn't quite sure, but I have a barely used Semogue SOC Taj boar which I test lathered tomorrow's soap and that one is in need of some use. I think I'll run the Taj (named Klaus ... as in Kinski, again, bright blonde hair but pallid complexion) this month.

My month of sub-continent blades fast became a month of SuperMax and I'm still running through the stash that I have, so I'm going to just carry on from here with the same sort of format but with a bit of a tweak: new soap samples (Savonniere du Moulin, MdC Rose & MdC Vetiver) and shave sticks with the Semogue SOC Taj, carry on with the Muhle Rocca R95/R96 & RazoRock German Slant trio, finish off my SuperMax stash ... and then pick up with the gaps in my Treet collection.

Bela Lugosi's dead ...
Undead! Undead! Undead!

... and every time I see these blades, I don't think King C Gillette, I think Bela Lugosi!

ACtC-3fJTjzWDYwNDftkS9UvZwFHStzME2D_ietUvLRCnp-cV-R6tiByw4uJPF3hpnWyHqJ9fzlmEsZMj-sTwRPE4WSLvmiWqwkAnMjqOsTJbct_3ohhZnXmAvJRqT_SRiVGpUNXAo0TpQAg00SXAjdlhOfVNg=w400

Sunday 28th February

That's a month of vegan soaps, in contemplation of Veganuary (contemplation :unsure: ) even if I am lathering up exclusively for the month with my new Semogue SOC Butterscotch boar. I'm also restricting to Indian sub-continent blades and a small number of razors: Muhle Rocca, RazoRock Slant, Yaqi Katana & Gillette 1950s Tech.

... and so in the style of @Satanfriendly I present "Run Dracula, Run!!!"

ACtC-3es8DC6MkNd5O5kz30TcmGx-e8Te5mdyuo0w44Cznp-_CAacS8nMloKMe1mIbn-uMRncOsgYDVQXALY8fIue3ptszNxRmVQ3hb7j9aaw7B-O4PNfltwd6HTB10pm8-S5qzywSCl1pdu7oZhJi4aQnAV0A=w800

"Thus are we ministers of God’s own wish: that the world, and men for whom His Son die, will not be given over to monsters, whose very existence would defame Him. He has allowed us to redeem one soul already, and we go out as the old knights of the Cross to redeem more. Like them we shall travel toward sunrise; and like them, if we fall, we fall in good cause." Dracula, Bram Stoker

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Wickham 1912 Gothic Revival Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Butterscotch (Boar)
RazoRock German Slant
SuperMax Sunrise Super Stainless (3)
Wickham Gothic Revival Aftershave

Three shaves with the SuperMax Sunrise Super Stainles and my conclusion is, it's the self-same blade as the regular SuperMax Super Stainless (in the green/yellow packaging). It shaves the same and the blade itself bears the same markings. Much thanks to @isaiah53 for the tuck! Cheers, pal! I'll enjoy the rest whenever I fancy dipping back into SuperMax.

I've enjoyed this month of restriction ...

I intended only veg/an soaps and actually just stuck with Wickham's which worked out very well for me. I own 11 of them (and bought in a sample of Union Sq mid-month) so had plenty of choice and did not find that when each week came around that I wanted to use anything different. Truth be told, I don't have a lot of soaps. I like MWF and I like HWF. Beyond that, I have some classics/vintage - Tabac, Old Spice, Erasmic, Rolls Razor, etc; I have a good stock of (again, "classic") shaving sticks - Palmolive, Wilkinson Sword, Arko, Derby, etc, all grated. So, those and Wickhams.

"Find something you like and use it often" Mike Phillips, Automotive Detailer (of Meguiars when I knew of him)

I've also enjoyed breaking in my new Semogue SOC Butterscotch boar (which I humorously named Rutger ... as in Rutger Hauer, you know: bright blonde hair, orange face) and he has indeed broken in nice and soft now. I wasn't quite sure, but I have a barely used Semogue SOC Taj boar which I test lathered tomorrow's soap and that one is in need of some use. I think I'll run the Taj (named Klaus ... as in Kinski, again, bright blonde hair but pallid complexion) this month.

My month of sub-continent blades fast became a month of SuperMax and I'm still running through the stash that I have, so I'm going to just carry on from here with the same sort of format but with a bit of a tweak: new soap samples (Savonniere du Moulin, MdC Rose & MdC Vetiver) and shave sticks with the Semogue SOC Taj, carry on with the Muhle Rocca R95/R96 & RazoRock German Slant trio, finish off my SuperMax stash ... and then pick up with the gaps in my Treet collection.

Bela Lugosi's dead ...
Undead! Undead! Undead!

... and every time I see these blades, I don't think King C Gillette, I think Bela Lugosi!

ACtC-3fJTjzWDYwNDftkS9UvZwFHStzME2D_ietUvLRCnp-cV-R6tiByw4uJPF3hpnWyHqJ9fzlmEsZMj-sTwRPE4WSLvmiWqwkAnMjqOsTJbct_3ohhZnXmAvJRqT_SRiVGpUNXAo0TpQAg00SXAjdlhOfVNg=w400

And truly an honour

155512903_140841774568842_1843186644826845981_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Stirling Hipster
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: 1912 Deluxe
Blade: Personna Gem (1)

After a lovely little package of blades from @Satanfriendly arrived yesterday (thank you, sir!) this evening was set to give the 1912 its first run out. And I'm so glad I didn't try it on a work day morning. Talk about having to re-learn technique! The face was fine, and the quality of the finish was amazing once I worked out the steeper angle required. But my God did it bite me on the neck. The alum made me wince and I've not had that many blood spots since I started with a razor in my teens! I will persevere though, as it's a lovely bit of kit.

Todays shave. For the last few weeks i have been doing alternate shaves with an Occam Oren, which i am now happy with and getting reasonably close results. After a warm shower.

Soap ....... Stirling Black Cherry
Brush ....... Simpson berkley 46 (best)
Razor ..... Occam Oren
Blade ...... Schick P-30 (6)
Asb ......... Nivea sensitive
Asl ......... Old Spice Wolfthorn

Post shave. a hot/cold face wash and a rub over with the alum block, with no reaction. So a pleasant shave with a really great smelling soap which created a great lather, and the blade still sharp......... Nice!

Stay safe everyone, keep smiling :)

Back
Top Bottom