20210227_181826.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep The Cube Menthol
Blade Derby Extra
Brush My favourite Badger
Razors
Leaf Razor for my head
Gillette Aluminium Tech for lip and chin
KrossKeys Straight razor for my neck and cheeks and some chin.
Soap Signature Eboracum made by @BrianH
Aftershave Balm to finish Philosoap by Faena.

Guys trust me you have to buy a cube as soon as you get a chance, this thing rocks and pretty much turned my face into a solid block of ice.
It was complimented by the awesome Signature soap the really surpassed my expectations, my brush just kept delivering lather on command without the need to revisit the tin to reapply to the bristles.
My straight shave today was not as close as the other days but I believe a lot has to do with the poor light tonight, I shaved in the daytime last time.
I am still learning my way around the chin and have left the lip alone for now, using the Tech for that and what is left on my chin at the end.
My upward against the grain straight shaving is very good even if I say so myself and for some reason I shave better with my left hand with the grain strokes even though I am right handed.
It's slowly all coming together with no nicks at all the last couple of shaves.
My shave was finished with the aftershave balm, it's a very nice smell although a little greasy to the touch compared to other balms I have used.
It will take some getting used too but a lovely Balm indeed.
Have a great night everyone and stay safe out there.

eyes please GIF

Saturday 27th February

ACtC-3dY2YLZUIkBKTiAAgt2bOkVTdlKpiqBQQbeCZfrYugtZ_d3m9M_rpvqH9ecej0MnbwskU2K_ePOxxlGmQ_cjVlTQ-BV9YHJ7kZTXHd6EiHhUVkNHOb0tnvIuZj4muoqB9PVsO7HbQYD-2TXdLvSbKgOXA=s800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Wickham 1912 Apricus Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Butterscotch (Boar)
Muhle Rocca R96
SuperMax Sunrise Super Stainless (2)
Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia

ACtC-3dWfs82x0WRdh-11yPg5CduqL7JCdTkS94Gi74onRozcCJ8K_64KtkvNkhMK-6MvyzS-FyfsOkRjrRCEzmBpVA9bRjvpimmRCiNsx55shm5b5qkjEL2bajNYgz_SqHrWwNnzpdScddDlA8-7PQ-P_1t4A=w300

Second shave with this SuperMax Sunrise Super Stainless and ... yes, it's the regular SuperMax Super Stainless in the green/yellow packaging.

I've had Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia stuck at the back of my frag cabinet, so it's been nice to use it. The blade put me in mind of sunshine and what with it being a lovely sunny day today which I spend fettling some landscaping in the garden, the shave was finished off just right with a further splash of sunshine.

Enjoy your weekend, folks!

View attachment 65571
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep The Cube Menthol
Blade Derby Extra
Brush My favourite Badger
Razors
Leaf Razor for my head
Gillette Aluminium Tech for lip and chin
KrossKeys Straight razor for my neck and cheeks and some chin.
Soap Signature Eboracum made by @BrianH
Aftershave Balm to finish Philosoap by Faena.

Guys trust me you have to buy a cube as soon as you get a chance, this thing rocks and pretty much turned my face into a solid block of ice.
It was complimented by the awesome Signature soap the really surpassed my expectations, my brush just kept delivering lather on command without the need to revisit the tin to reapply to the bristles.
My straight shave today was not as close as the other days but I believe a lot has to do with the poor light tonight, I shaved in the daytime last time.
I am still learning my way around the chin and have left the lip alone for now, using the Tech for that and what is left on my chin at the end.
My upward against the grain straight shaving is very good even if I say so myself and for some reason I shave better with my left hand with the grain strokes even though I am right handed.
It's slowly all coming together with no nicks at all the last couple of shaves.
My shave was finished with the aftershave balm, it's a very nice smell although a little greasy to the touch compared to other balms I have used.
It will take some getting used too but a lovely Balm indeed.
Have a great night everyone and stay safe out there.
Glad you liked the shaving soap!

Saturdays Shave

Pre: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: TFS Almond
Razor: Karve D Plate Brass SB - Gillette Super Blue
Brush: 30mm Chubby Synbad
Splash: Floid Suave
Balm: Bema Uomo
EDT: Azzaro Pour Homme

@Boycie83 Kindly send me the Gillette Super Blues , I have tried them in the Karve and the Ikon Tech and they are really very good of course YMMV.

_MG_6263.JPG

Last edited:
Pre = Elemis Oil
Razor = Vintage 50’s - 60’s Feather Travel
Blade = Feather (1 ) :eek:
Brush = Yaqi 24mm
Soap = The wonderful Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Balm = L’oréal Barberclub
Splash = Myrsol Astringent.

Well where do i start
this thread should be called the worst shave in history,
but hears me thinking it was going to be the best, how wrong was i.
After receiving this wonder Vintage feather razor i couldn’t get it used quick enough and being a big strong boy i decided to stick a new feather blade in :mad:
Man was i wrong
within a couple of strokes my face was in bits,
i said to the wife before hand i really shouldn’t be using a feather blade but hey hard man i can do anything,
well how wrong am i and brought down a peg or two :ROFLMAO:.
It actually reminded me of my first use rex ambassador, which also wasn’t pleased.
So i quickly bottled it after pass one and decided to change the blade,
in went the Gillette Super Thin Platinum third use
and man what a transformation,
Pass two was completely different although the razor has serious aggression & pass two was enough
i was done
i couldn’t take another pass if i tried
a quick rub of the alum block & a good old splash of Myrsol Astringent and you’ll never guess
Yes my face was still bleeding :devilish:
Never Mind you can’t keep a good man down and iv got it all to look forward to when i heal :cry:
2F090B59-67C4-4FC8-843B-B6AB3084BA89.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom