SOTD : Saturday 27th February to Friday 05th March 2021

1/3/21

Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Brush - Omega 10075 (23mm/48mm)
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Silver Star (4)
Post - Superdrug Sierra Breeze

The 10075 is the smallest boar brush I own, and I used to find a little too small but today I created a truly superb lather with it and VRC, which has lost of all it's scent but still works beautifully. I've been using a GFS Omega Wild Hog which is a lot bigger at 26mm/57mm than the 10075's 23mm/48mm but I still managed to create enough lather for 2.5 passes but with the smaller brush I found it easier to dial in the sweet spot for water to soap whilst building the lather. Also, an Omega boar brush and an Italian Croap (well it was! Now it is rock solid!) is a time tested combination.

I'm really impressed with the Silver Star, a really comfortable blade in the shave.

Anyway chaps, have a good start to the week and new month ahead of us.

SoTd
Had a lovely shave this morning completely bbs with very little irritation. Think I’m starting to get the hang of stropping now using a very slow draw and ensuring the whole blade is covered, something just clicked and I now get it ! First use of the D.r Harris pink aftershave...very nice compliments the rose Mdc soap very well I really enjoyed it 22B758F2-29F6-490B-B309-A3C2B6D424B5.jpeg75F81DA5-BE6E-4B6E-9CED-922C0065389F.jpeg

That's the thing when you have more than three bathrooms, you're forever running around looking for your razors! I found one of mine I thought I had lost in the west wing bathroom! What's it like! :)

Paul.
Rough at this end Paul since Covid all the servants have buggered off but I've managed to find the instruction book for the kettle!

01/03/21
Pre: Shower, cold water Face wash with Whickams pre shave soap
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap: OSP Sandalwood
Razor: 6/8 Koraat B-II Near wedge - Cocobolo
Edge by: Ulrik
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm
Aftershave: OSP Sandalwood
Wk 10 (3).JPG
That's better, Normal service has resumed, i have missed my Saturday Str8 shave, therefore, i popped a cheeky one in today
1st use of the "new" OSP Sandalwood and it produced a wonderfully scented slick lather - as usual with OSP soaps.
I face lathered today with the wall of badger that is the @Steven_Jagger 's 26mm Silvertip, very nice.
2 passes and a touch up of the "Devils Whirlpools" under the sideburn jawline for a DFS++ finish, it would have been BBS, however, on closer inspection i have a little roughness just under the Chin.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

A338A1C7-DB62-4056-84C4-EAC284C5AA61.jpeg

Omega Premium Boar
Rockwell 6C (3)
Wizamet S.I. (2)
OSP Sandalwood
Humphrey’s witch hazel
OSP Sandalwood a/s lotion

Perfect. Smooth and faultless performance from the soap, razor and blade. Once again had to return to the soap, as I’m increasingly finding boars to be greedy little lather gobbling piggies.
Thoroughly refreshed. Enjoy yours.

YGIyuAm.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Cold River Soap Works Oliva Citrus Fougère
Razor: Original Tradere Razors Tradere SB
Blade: Super Iridium BN-84 (2)
Scent: Knize Forest

A very comfortable shave with the Tradere. The CRSW Oliva soap was delightful - very slick and good residual slickness, and a refreshing and complex scent.
Knize's interpretation of fougère played well against the soap scent.

SoTd
Had a lovely shave this morning completely bbs with very little irritation. Think I’m starting to get the hang of stropping now using a very slow draw and ensuring the whole blade is covered, something just clicked and I now get it ! First use of the D.r Harris pink aftershave...very nice compliments the rose Mdc soap very well I really enjoyed it View attachment 65639View attachment 65641
Well done Jay , slow and steady wins race.

Back
Top Bottom