SOTD : Saturday 27th February to Friday 05th March 2021

Chris, if you were a newspaper you'd be the Daily Chuckle.

3 March

SV Felce Aromatica
Mühle Rocca
Mühle Rocca R96
Feather Hi-stainless
SV Felce Aromatica asl

Today I had to put my face where my mouth was yesterday. The Feather blade from my last shave was loaded in the Mühle Rocca, and away we went. I usually load a Gillette Silver Blue in this razor as I find it smoother, but the Feather did its stuff and a close shave was the result, with no damage. On balance though, I think the R41 just beat the R96 in the closeness stakes and the Rocca set will be passed on to my lucky brother.

There's been a lot of Hawkishness in the SOTD recently. So why not join the fun?

This was my first outing with the Fitjar Fjellheim. What a creamy, easy to lather soap. I found the scent to be rather weak when lathered but the performance easily made up for it. I loaded for only twenty seconds or so and easily had enough for four passes, should I have needed it. It likes a drink and left a very nice post shave feel. I paired it with the Trumper's lime aftershave, since when sniffing the puck, there is an underlying citrus scent.

The Hawk really is an excellent razor and provides a very smooth shave. I've used it 13 times since I bought it and only had one bad shave, down to lack of prep and rushing. I took my time today and managed BBS, including on my neck which is my trickiest area, with no irritation and an ATG pass. I bought the A plate from an IG follower but with the performance from the standard plate and the AC Pro, I don't really see the need to bump up the aggression, given the great shave it just gave.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Razorock Hawk v3 - Standard plate
Blade: Feather AC Pro (2)
Soap: Fitjar Fjellheim
Brush: Simpson’s Milk Churn BB
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Trumper’s Limes Aftershave
Face lather

03/03/21
Vintage Wednesday
Pre: Shower
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap: Vintage Cussons Imperial Leather shaving cream 1950's
Razor: Schick B1 Repeating Razor 1927-32
Blade: Personna Injector (1)
Post shave: Alum rub, Cold water splash ,TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm
Aftershave: Proraso Red

It really is a privilege to use this wonderful set up, the Star of the show being the The B1 repeating razor.
A wonderfully slick, lightly soapy scented Lather mixed up with the Woodridge Culmak Plus and Vintage cream.
I completed a 2 pass shave routine and knew i had a close finish, i did not bother with a touch up, i usually find the 1st shave with a new blade in this razor can be a bit harsh, some light indication from the alum rub confirming the closeness of the shave.
So a DFS+ finish and smiling from ear to ear, like the cat that got the cream.
I finished the shave with a splash of Proraso to help the post shave along.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
SoTd
Lovely shave today a little more irritation than yesterday but think I rushed it a bit nothing that didn’t settle down within a few minutes, tried a bit of a touch up on the paste after today’s shave 7 light draws on paste and 75 on the leather will see how it goes hopefully I’ve done okie..it’s all practice and I’m having fun