SOTD : Saturday 27th February to Friday 05th March 2021

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Brush = Yaqi Dice 24mm Tux
Blade = Gillette 7Oclock Sharp Edge ( 1 )
Soap = A&E Asian Pear With Matching Splash
Balm = Nivea Skin Energy
Great shave today and my last at home for a while.
i’m heading to Norway in the morning and will be away for 3 month ish.
It’s been a task trying to decide what to leave at home but the suitcase is now packed & it’s not getting opened again :cry:.
Brilliant soap this i like it a lot but it’s not going with me unfortunately,
Stay Safe Boys
65A9F190-EE45-471E-B3ED-CDFE033902DD.png

Thu 4th SOTD This SE AC setup is amazing!!
Soap
CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout New 1st Use
Brush
Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum New 1st Use
Blade
Feather ProGuard 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
The soap...wow! I thought the Mogno was slickest but this lather slickness was as good too...very slick! It's very rich and creamy with a unique scent. Kinda heavy hearty rich scent to my nose.
The shave with this very light aluminum razor paired with the blade was incredibly good even better (slightly) than yesterday's brass handle. Super silky-smooth and incredible comfort for 3passes for a total BBS! Even the adam apple area stubborn whiskers are closely removed by this razor/blade combo which my other de razor/blades can't...wow!
This is indeed a revelation for a possible vaccine against RAD!! If only the blades are cheaper...
20210304_072924.jpg

no way wow GIF

Toby! Is that a ....... synthetic!?

SOTD : 4th March 2021.

56.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Fine ~ 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Soap : Proraso Sensitive.
Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (D4)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals.Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./L'OREAL~ Soothing Birch Sap Post Shave Balm./Dana English Leather ASL.

Greetings,

The Proraso Sensitive Soap provided me with slick protective lather for the shave leaving a equally good post shave feel. Out of the 3 proraso soaps that i have, the sensitive has the best slickness...My only gripe with the soap is it leaves a white residue on the razor surface after i have finished the shave...However, this could be because i live in a hard water area and the soap reacts with the high minerals in the water which has nothing to do the ingredients of the soap.

Last use of the Treet 7 Day Platinum. blade which has performed superbly with each outing. These blades are smooth and very efficient, the longevity of them is astoundingly good. I could quite easily get another two shaves from this blade but will retire it on a good note.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week....Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Dana English Leather ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Strange but satisfying 2 and a bit pass shave this morning. With about 10 days growth I thought I would use the shavette but despite only about 4 shaves on the blade it was really tugging.
I pressed on and took off about 90% of the growth and then reverted to the Timeless 95 OC.
Second pass with the Timeless was lovely, loads of lather from the Signature soap, took it really slowly, second use of a feather blade which I’m not that familiar with, and have a very smooth result with just a single nick.
Finished off with a witch hazel splash (Speedy’s recipe, thanks again), feeling good!
Cheers all
Paul

Todays Shave Kit Thursday 4th March 2021

Shave Score 9.7/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Pheonix & Beau Imperial Rum
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (3.0, 2.5, 2.5)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Post Shave ASL: Pheonix & Beau Imperial Rum
Post Shave Balm: Pheonix & Beau Imperial Rum
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

First go with a Nacet blade today, Super Smooth, no nicks, the ususal 3 pass for a BBS finish :)

Have a Great Day All

Joe

IMG_0644.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom