SOTD : Saturday 27th February to Friday 05th March 2021

2 March

SV Felce Aromatica
Cadman M55
Mühle R41
Feather Hi-stainless
SV Felce Aromatica asl

5CF9F93C-4220-4552-B185-757ACFB9BCDE.jpeg

Time to see how the new premium razors stack up to the old close shaving favourite, the Mühle R41. The lather was magnificent, and a great start to the shave. A fresh Feather blade produced no blood and a very close shave, but was it closer than the shaves of the last few days? No, not really, and for me the Blackland Blackbird, Vector and Rex Ambassador all feel that little bit safer. I think the Mühle Rocca and Merkur Progress also get very close to this performance without the fear factor too. Just my opinion, of course, your experience may differ.

02/03/21
Shower
Pre: Cold water Face wash with Whickams pre shave soap
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap: OSP Neroli
Razor: Colonial General V2 Stainless - Ikon Bulldog
Blade: Feather Pro (8)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's Orange and Neroli infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Orange and Neroli infused Argan Oil / E45 mix
Aftershave: OSP Neroli, Copycat Just Neroli

Wk 10 (4).JPG
When things come together, well, they just come together and perform. Today was one of those days.
1st time i have tried the IKON handle on the General V2 head, i like it, for me, much better than the original V2 handle.
A wonderful lather mixed up in the little Turkish copper bowl with the SBB wall of badger, i had enough for 4 passes.
I completed a 3 pass shave for a BBS comfortable result.
A very nice post shave finishing with a couple of squirts of the Copycat on the neck pulse points.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

02/03/21
Shower
Pre: Cold water Face wash with Whickams pre shave soap
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap: OSP Neroli
Razor: Colonial General V2 Stainless - Ikon Bulldog
Blade: Feather Pro (8)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's Orange and Neroli infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Orange and Neroli infused Argan Oil / E45 mix
Aftershave: OSP Neroli, Copycat Just Neroli

View attachment 65713
When things come together, well, they just come together and perform. Today was one of those days.
1st time i have tried the IKON handle on the General V2 head, i like it, for me, much better than the original V2 handle.
A wonderful lather mixed up in the little Turkish copper bowl with the SBB wall of badger, i had enough for 4 passes.
I completed a 3 pass shave for a BBS comfortable result.
A very nice post shave finishing with a couple of squirts of the Copycat on the neck pulse points.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
I don't want to put words in your mouth but that's another bargain Emporium purchase that's brought a smile to your face.

2/3/21

Soap - Palmolive Menthol
Brush - Omega 10075 (23mm/48mm)
Razor - Wilko Classic
Blade - Silver Star (5)
Post - Cien Aqua

The Italian made Palmolive Menthol cream performs far better than I expect it should do, even though I've used it a few times over the years I still find myself being taken back by how good it really performs.
5th shave with the Silver Star and it's running out of gas in the tank and needs the extra pass to get the job done but the blade was so smooth it was very enjoyable.
I'm really enjoying using the smaller Omega 10075, takes a little more time to build a lather than a slightly larger brush but holds/creates enough lather for 2.5 passes comfortably.

I rarely post a song in my SOTD post, but I was listening to this as writing this and maybe there are some Sabbath fans here.

Have a good day gents.

wGbquMA.jpg

First use of the new Personna German blade & IMO it shaves like its Israeli predecessor, i.e., nothing special and "just enough" for a passable shave in my GC .68. Aramis AS mates perfectly with A&E Tertius soap.

And today's very important shave came with the theme 'All for you'

View attachment 65652

Thank - Razorock Hawk V3
You - Schick Proline
For - Razorock 400
The - Alvarez Gomez
Memories - Czech and Speake No.88

It is very rare that I ever get the opportunity to wear a suit, but today was one of those special occasions. My father's funeral. So today's shave just had to be perfection.

Not to be let down the Razorocks together with the Alvarez worked their magic to give one of those shaves which make you feel wonderful. The C&S just added that dark beautiful edge and very fitting to the ocassion.

Out came the black suit, the Gieves and Hawkes tailored shirt and I felt as if I represented my father in a very presentable manner. He deserved it.

As it was, even with the present restrictions I do have to say that everything went very respectably and there was something quite beautiful in what is essentially a very sad day. We all did him proud.

Thank you and goodbye

And those lovely ladies Aldious with a very appropriate song. Not everything has to be head banging

Not everything has to be head banging. But of course things will change on my next SOTD
Hi Chris,
Commiserations , has been a hard few months for you. Am sure you will have good memories of your Dad.
Regards - Mike

Tue 2nd March

Jayaruh Syn No67
Tabac soap
RR Hawk V3- OC Plate
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 1 )
Tabac A/S Lotion

Still using the Hawk V3 but now paired with a Kai blade. Definitely a lot more blade feel making one aware of the need to take care. Being more assertive this Razor/ Blade combo seemed to reduce Shave time, without affecting the quality of finish.

7098FF66-5927-4783-ABC5-8B2799A1F40F.jpeg

Tuesday 2nd March

Again, no picture ...

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Martin de Candre Rose
Semogue SOC Taj (Boar)
Muhle Rocca R95
Zorrik Titanium (2)
Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia

The more I use this SuperMax/Zorrik Titanium blade, the more I like it ...

On the face of it, these are not sharp and they're not keen, but they are smooth and they are exceptionally forgiving; everything I remember the original SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium as being. Back then I was a multi-pass shaver and so might have missed any inefficiencies in the first pass, but today I'm a single pass shaver and you know what? This blade still pulls a decent enough single pass shave for me. Today, no touch ups needed, just a straight-up single pass shave, exceptionally comfortable and post-shave, feeling great! I know regrowth will be kind, too.

Yeah! I think the problem with my analysis is that it is so far from my usual preference of a good, honest stainless blade and on paper it being quite the opposite of what folks would describe as a "good blade" (like, sharp, keen ... but smooth) that it's hard not to read any of my analysis as negative.

It's not! I like this blade ...

Fun to use Martin de Candre again, with a sample of the Rose soap from Jim at ShaveDash. Lovely lather and lovely glide with a nice cushion while shaving. Simple ingredients and high quality scents from real rose oil. "Champion!", as we say round these parts. I have a sample of the Vetyver to enjoy tomorrow.

... and still loving the Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia as an aftershave. Highly alcoholic, which is something I particularly like; good, tight face-feel upon drying.

Back
Top Bottom