SOTD : Saturday 27th February to Friday 05th March 2021

Tue 2nd SOTD
Soap B&M Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable V1
Blade KAI 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
Reused previous-day lather. It was dried-up but with some added water, wow! From dried-up back to a nice creamy and slick lather. The scent remains consistent...very nice!!!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Really heavy razor and just a very minor imbalance for both sides of blade exposure. At setting 4-4-3 it was smooth and comfortable for 3passes for a mostly bbs result but 1 micro weeper. Excellent aftershaves.
20210302_070023.jpg

SOTD : 2nd March 2021.

55.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Chinese unbranded Horsehair.
Face Lather.
Lather : Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Shaving Soap.
Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (D3)
Razor: Parker55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals, mixed together With 200ml of Care +Witch Hazel)./Alcolado Glacial Mentholated Splash Lotion./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A superb razor & blade duo, mowing through my stubble with effortless ease...The Treet 7DP is a wonderful match for the Parker 55SL.

The Proraso green soap continued to provide me with a wonderful slick protective lather in a short space of time, with the Chinese horsehair brush is super soft, holds the lather well, with enough backbone.

Another pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & cool.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Monarch
Razor/Blade:- Karve SS 'SB-D' / Vintage Gillette US Spoiler #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss

And today's very important shave came with the theme 'All for you'

View attachment 65652

Thank - Razorock Hawk V3
You - Schick Proline
For - Razorock 400
The - Alvarez Gomez
Memories - Czech and Speake No.88

It is very rare that I ever get the opportunity to wear a suit, but today was one of those special occasions. My father's funeral. So today's shave just had to be perfection.

Not to be let down the Razorocks together with the Alvarez worked their magic to give one of those shaves which make you feel wonderful. The C&S just added that dark beautiful edge and very fitting to the ocassion.

Out came the black suit, the Gieves and Hawkes tailored shirt and I felt as if I represented my father in a very presentable manner. He deserved it.

As it was, even with the present restrictions I do have to say that everything went very respectably and there was something quite beautiful in what is essentially a very sad day. We all did him proud.

Thank you and goodbye

And those lovely ladies Aldious with a very appropriate song. Not everything has to be head banging

Not everything has to be head banging. But of course things will change on my next SOTD
My deepest condolences...Glad everything went well as well as it could...Take care. Yours-Barry.

TUESDAY ‌03/02/21 SOTD

RpLaseH.jpg

Blackland Dart / Rapira Platinum Lux
Yaqi Rainbow Handle 26mm Brown Synth
Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ Seville Shaving Soap
Prospectors Classic Aftershave Splash

Tuesday 2nd March

Semogue 820 Boar - Scottish Fine Soaps - PAA Starling V2-CC/GEM Stainless - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green EDT

My first trip out with the Starling ....a recent acquisition from a member on another forum. I had always wanted to have one of these but postage from the US was much too high. I have started with the CC with the OC option to follow. The shave was excellent with just a little more razor drag than I am accustomed to. Perhaps the blade needs a little more use to smooth things out.

3 slow and careful passes for an excellent result. It even passed the Alum test!

155953830_228789382169753_4665634093701066293_n (1).jpg

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum Cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Green (1)

Back to the Parker today to give the neck a reprieve! Decent run around, but there was still a lot of feedback from the alum, suggesting that the 1912 really did a number on me on Sunday. Just realised the photo shows face wash, not moisturiser - hey ho.

Todays Shave Kit Tuesday 2nd March 2021

Shave Score 9.5/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: OSP - Sandalwood
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (3.0, 2.5, 2.5)
Blade: Gillette Super Thin Platinum (2)
Post Shave ASL: OSP - Sandalwood
Post Shave Balm: Proraso Aftershave Balm White
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

A great lather with the OSP as always, getting better at working out how much to make for a 3 pass with touch ups :)

The Gillette Super Thin Platinum blades seems to improve its Feel (smoother) and Efficiency (speed of stroke) as you shave more with it :)

Have a Great Day All

JoeIMG_0638.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom