SOTD : Saturday 27th February to Friday 05th March 2021

And today's very important shave came with the theme 'All for you'

View attachment 65652

Thank - Razorock Hawk V3
You - Schick Proline
For - Razorock 400
The - Alvarez Gomez
Memories - Czech and Speake No.88

It is very rare that I ever get the opportunity to wear a suit, but today was one of those special occasions. My father's funeral. So today's shave just had to be perfection.

Not to be let down the Razorocks together with the Alvarez worked their magic to give one of those shaves which make you feel wonderful. The C&S just added that dark beautiful edge and very fitting to the ocassion.

Out came the black suit, the Gieves and Hawkes tailored shirt and I felt as if I represented my father in a very presentable manner. He deserved it.

As it was, even with the present restrictions I do have to say that everything went very respectably and there was something quite beautiful in what is essentially a very sad day. We all did him proud.

Thank you and goodbye

And those lovely ladies Aldious with a very appropriate song. Not everything has to be head banging

Not everything has to be head banging. But of course things will change on my next SOTD

Glad it went well Chris. Stay Safe

Monday AM 2021-03-01
EBaWpGR.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Ivory Finest (26/60)
Valobra Cologne shaving soap
LASSC BBS-1
Polsilver Super Iridium (7)
Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave

sq5GfYo.jpg

Happy St David's Day!

Monday 1st March

Alas, no picture ...

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj (Boar)
Muhle Rocca R95
Zorrik Titanium (1)
Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia

Continuing my run through the SuperMax catalogue, much thanks to @donnie_arko for the blade which I believe is of the latest crop of blades from SuperMax and also believe to be the self-same blade as the SuperMax Titanium that I used three or four blades ago. SuperMax carry the Vidyut and Zorrik brands in addition and appear to have the same blade under each brand.

I think all I can do is re-iterate my thoughts when I used the blade under the SuperMax brand ...

It's not especially sharp, nor keen, but it is super-smooth and extremely forgiving. Don't get me wrong here, I got my usual single pass shave but with a few touch-ups, so it does its job. I think folks who enjoy multiple passes would get the best from it and folks who perhaps suffer from irritation, especially when doing multiple passes, would enjoy it a lot.

I should also say that I believe that the (old generation and discontinued) SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium has become this very blade, now enhanced with their new technology and processes.

I have a few of these left and will certainly keep it in mind for myself if I've had a bad shave and want something adequate but comfortable the day after. Post-shave feel is nice, smooth and regrowth is soft and comfortable. It's not one I'd purposefully buy in, but having it is nice ot have some "in stock" for when I fancy this kind of shave.

It's different.

Oh, and lovely face feel from the Savonniere du Moulin soap. Not a soap with great glide and infact can cause a little razor judder, but post-shave feels really nice. I'm using a sample from Jim at ShaveDash. I don't think I'll buy in the shaving soap, but I think I would like a few bars of hand/face soap. Like Mitchell's but hand made.

Last edited:

View attachment 65652

Thank - Razorock Hawk V3
You - Schick Proline
For - Razorock 400
The - Alvarez Gomez

It is very rare that I ever get the opportunity to wear a suit, but today was one of those special occasions. My father's funeral. So today's shave just had to be perfection.

Not to be let down the Razorocks together with the Alvarez worked their magic to give one of those shaves which make you feel wonderful. The C&S just added that dark beautiful edge and very fitting to the ocassion.

Out came the black suit, the Gieves and Hawkes tailored shirt and I felt as if I represented my father in a very presentable manner. He deserved it.

As it was, even with the present restrictions I do have to say that everything went very respectably and there was something quite beautiful in what is essentially a very sad day. We all did him proud.

Thank you and goodbye

And those lovely ladies Aldious with a very appropriate song. Not everything has to be head banging

Not everything has to be head banging. But of course things will change on my next SOTD
So sorry for your loss mate. Glad your dad got the send-off he deserved and that you shaved in style today :)

View attachment 65652

Thank - Razorock Hawk V3
You - Schick Proline
For - Razorock 400
The - Alvarez Gomez

Thank you and goodbye

So sorry for your loss.

Good evening gents

Brush - Dcosmetics 24 mm Badger
Razor - Muhle R89
Blade - Tiger Platinum #1
Soap - HWF
ASL - Barts Cinnamon and Patchouli

F8F43E1D-F576-480B-9779-0BE213A9AECF.jpeg

First time with this blade, I know nothing about the Tiger brand so I decided to gave it a go.
After a few strokes I was a little concerned as it felt like it was a dud and nothing was coming off. Fear not, after a couple of strokes it turned into a cracking shave and I like this blade and razor combination.
A nice, comfortable close shave was had. Happy days.

Stay safe gents.

View attachment 65652

Thank - Razorock Hawk V3
You - Schick Proline
For - Razorock 400
The - Alvarez Gomez

Thank you and goodbye

Best regards, I raise a glass in honour

View attachment 65652

Thank - Razorock Hawk V3
You - Schick Proline
For - Razorock 400
The - Alvarez Gomez

Thank you and goodbye

Our deepest sympathy.

Back
Top Bottom