SOTD : Saturday 27th February to Friday 05th March 2021

Tue 2nd SOTD
Soap B&M Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable V1
Blade KAI 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
Reused previous-day lather. It was dried-up but with some added water, wow! From dried-up back to a nice creamy and slick lather. The scent remains consistent...very nice!!!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Really heavy razor and just a very minor imbalance for both sides of blade exposure. At setting 4-4-3 it was smooth and comfortable for 3passes for a mostly bbs result but 1 micro weeper. Excellent aftershaves.

SOTD : 2nd March 2021.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Chinese unbranded Horsehair.
Face Lather.
Lather : Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Shaving Soap.
Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (D3)
Razor: Parker55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals, mixed together With 200ml of Care +Witch Hazel)./Alcolado Glacial Mentholated Splash Lotion./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A superb razor & blade duo, mowing through my stubble with effortless ease...The Treet 7DP is a wonderful match for the Parker 55SL.

The Proraso green soap continued to provide me with a wonderful slick protective lather in a short space of time, with the Chinese horsehair brush is super soft, holds the lather well, with enough backbone.

Another pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & cool.

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Monarch
Razor/Blade:- Karve SS 'SB-D' / Vintage Gillette US Spoiler #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss

My deepest condolences...Glad everything went well as well as it could...Take care. Yours-Barry.

Tuesday 2nd March

Semogue 820 Boar - Scottish Fine Soaps - PAA Starling V2-CC/GEM Stainless - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green EDT

My first trip out with the Starling ....a recent acquisition from a member on another forum. I had always wanted to have one of these but postage from the US was much too high. I have started with the CC with the OC option to follow. The shave was excellent with just a little more razor drag than I am accustomed to. Perhaps the blade needs a little more use to smooth things out.

3 slow and careful passes for an excellent result. It even passed the Alum test!

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum Cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Green (1)

Back to the Parker today to give the neck a reprieve! Decent run around, but there was still a lot of feedback from the alum, suggesting that the 1912 really did a number on me on Sunday. Just realised the photo shows face wash, not moisturiser - hey ho.

Todays Shave Kit Tuesday 2nd March 2021

Shave Score 9.5/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: OSP - Sandalwood
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (3.0, 2.5, 2.5)
Blade: Gillette Super Thin Platinum (2)
Post Shave ASL: OSP - Sandalwood
Post Shave Balm: Proraso Aftershave Balm White
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

A great lather with the OSP as always, getting better at working out how much to make for a 3 pass with touch ups

The Gillette Super Thin Platinum blades seems to improve its Feel (smoother) and Efficiency (speed of stroke) as you shave more with it

Have a Great Day All

Joe

Last edited: