SOTD : Saturday 26th June to Friday 2nd July 2021.

27/6/21

Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - Arko Stick
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Gillette Minora Stainless (2)
Post - Brut Oceans

Sometimes you need to look away from your usual choices (using a Yaqi Katana) to remind how much you enjoy using my favourite razors. The Katana is an efficient razor which produces a very close shave in a pass with a little touch ups but it's not massively comfortable for my skin.

The Old Type is a very mild razor, but paired with a sharp and smooth blade like the Minora Stainless and even with an the extra pass I'd use opposed to shaving with a Katana I get a very comfortable shave, a touch less close than the Katana but my face is feeling a lot better at the end of the shave.

I'm really impressed with the Minora Stainless as I am with the other new batch of Gillette DE blades (London Bridge, Vietnamese Super Blue) I've used so far. I think this Minora is quite close to the performance of the Nacet, but I think the Minora is a touch smoother in the shave, but I'm only on my second shave with the Minora so it's too early to make a full assessment just yet.

Anyway gents, I hope you have a good Sunday.

Sunday

HWF
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Ever Ready 1912 ‘Bathroom Set’
Gem SS PTFE
Fine American Blend after shave

Two days growth ridiculed and dispatched with the characteristic efficiency of this particular member of the ER stable. It never fails to provide a first-class shave.

This was the second outing for the HWF and it certainly is shaping up to be an excellent soap.

0F93A139-D328-40C2-BA77-69BFA8CA6C98.jpeg

27/11/21
Pre: Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Faux Tortoise
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: Blackland Vector / 5/8 Thiers Issard "Evide Sonnant" / 6/8 Hermes (1919)
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (4)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Baxter's of California Balm
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Wk 26 (5).JPG
20210627_080748.jpg 20210627_083403.jpg
I know, i know, its supposed to be Blackland month!
I had refreshed a few of my Straight razors yesterday and just could not wait to give a couple of them a try, therefore, 2 were chosen to assist the Vector today by completing the WTG pass.
I used the TI (finished on the 12K) on the RH side of the face and the 1919 Hermes (finished on the Yellow Lake Oilstone) on the left hand side. Then finish off as usual with the Vector, simple.
A leisurely face lather today to prep the stubble, really nice to just enjoy building the lather and working it into the stubble,i built up a very slick, loose and creamy covering.
The TI suits me down to the ground, so smooth and giving feedback through the edge and blade, it just works, lovely.
The Hermes is a very audible razor, it sings during the shave, again so smooth this time with a nice audible soundtrack, to be honest i do not think i am experienced enough to tell the differences between the edges, i just know they both work very well for me, very happy with that!
I may finish one of the Kropp pair on the Yellow Lake to try to find what difference it makes to the "same" razor.
Anyway i completed a XTG then an ATG pass with the wonderful Vector fitted with the very forgiving Schick, still giving plenty of feedback through the razor and leaving me super comfortable and BBS.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 27th June 2021

Shave Score 9.5 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ Baxter’s Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Ach Brito - Mogno
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: FaTip Lo Storto
Blade: Amazon Brand - Solimo (4)
Post Shave ASL: Floid - The Geniune
Post Shave Balm: Baxters Balm
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffery Beene - Bowling Green

4th outing on this Amazon Blade, but this time in the FaTip Lo Storto, a DFS was achieved, but I think this blade has had enough, It’ll be a new Amazon blade in the Merkur Adjustable for the morning :)

Have a great Sunday all.

Joe

1778A4A9-03C2-45FA-8784-FA723078543B.jpeg

Vintage SotD

Vintage Palmolive Shaving Stick
Vintage Standart Shaving Brush
Vintage Siemens SiRaMa (Siemens Rasier Maschine) 4,5 Volt, Vibration-Safety Razor.
Vintage Rotbart Extra Dünn Rasierklinge.
Vintage Palmolive After Shave.

41509721qd.jpg

Razor = Timeless Bronze
Blade = Winner Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = PAA 26mm Phantom Aerolite Synthetic
Soap = Noble Otter The Noir ET Vanille & Matching Splash
Balm = Baxter Of Californian
Everything Brand New for me today except the Blade.
The Timeless Bronze has a wonderful well balanced feel.
The Machining is a work of art and pleasing on the eye however & there’s always a however from me
i just don’t think it’s as good a shave as many have made out.
Don’t get me wrong it was a decent shave but only decent and not great.
Perhaps it was the Razor & Blade combo that was wrong.
Iv used these Winners many times with great results but today it was just ok.

The Soap for me done everything i want with the Slickness being up there with the best iv got,
Unfortunately for me the scent was a 3-4
but once opened up in to a wonderful lather it developed in to a 5.
The balm was a pleasantly unexpected give from Boycie. Thank You Boycie it’s much appreciated

201F5391-82D9-4B07-A766-44CE49B134D6.png

Razor = Timeless Bronze
Blade = Winner Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = PAA 26mm Phantom Aerolite Synthetic
Soap = Noble Otter The Noir ET Vanille & Matching Splash
Balm = Baxter Of Californian
Everything Brand New for me today except the Blade.
The Timeless Bronze has a wonderful well balanced feel.
The Machining is a work of art and pleasing on the eye however & there’s always a however from me
i just don’t think it’s as good a shave as many have made out.
Don’t get me wrong it was a decent shave but only decent and not great.
Perhaps it was the Razor & Blade combo that was wrong.
Iv used these Winners many times with great results but today it was just ok.

The Soap for me done everything i want with the Slickness being up there with the best iv got,
Unfortunately for me the scent was a 3-4
but once opened up in to a wonderful lather it developed in to a 5.
The balm was a pleasantly unexpected give from Boycie. Thank You Boycie it’s much appreciated

View attachment 72445
What's your opinion on the Phantom Aerolite brush Mike? You're the first person in the UK I've seen with one.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom