SOTD : Saturday 26th June to Friday 2nd July 2021.

SOTD 26-June
View attachment 72377
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Soap: OSP/Shaving Station Barbershop
Razor: Koraat 6/8
Post: Cold Water and OSP/Shaving Station Barbershop Tonic

Well what can I say, very impressed and happy with the new (to me) Koraat, cheers @Olie29 . A nice weight to it that cut through with minimal effort. Really like the square point as well, it's less muted than all my others which I actually prefer. Of course this only encourages more browsing of that infernal temptation website!!

Hope everyone has a grand day and weekend!

Cheers

Marc
I know nothing about SR's, but aesthetically that's a cracker

Saturday 26th June

4389.jpg

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
RazoRock Puros Shaving Soap
RazoRock 400 (Orange) w/Omega Professional Boar
Yaqi SE DLC w/Star Bakelite Handle
Wilkinson Sword Economie (1) German
RazoRock Puros Aftershave

So, what's the difference between the regular German Wilkinson Sword and the Wilkinson Sword Economie? Unpacked, they certainly look the same. I asked myself this very question when I tried out the Vidyut/SuperMax Super Stainless (in the blue pack) and compared to the Vidyut/SuperMax Stainless Economy (in the burgundy/yellow pack). Like these Wilkinson Sword blades, they too look the same ... so, why would a factory produce two blades that look exactly the same?

I think the answer is that they don't (quite) shave the same ...

I gather the Wilkinson Sword Economie blade is marketed to Barber shops around German, France and so on. Likewise, I gather that the Vidyut/SuperMax Stainless Economy is also a Barber blade, designed for single use.

I mused that the difference between those two SuperMax blades was that perhaps the one marketed for the home user was double-stropped, or something as the Economy did not feel quite as smooth from the off. Here, I'm thinking the exact same thing: that the regular German Wilkinson Sword aimed at the domestic shaver is a smoother run, perhaps better finished; while the Economie has a similar feel to that SuperMax Economy blade ... and it's not a harshness, it's just not as well finished.

As it happens, it's a shave that I particularly like - straight-up and no frills, and actually put me very much in mind of the shave that I enjoyed with the Vidyut/SuperMax Stainless Economy albeit somewhat sharper.

SOTD : 27th June 2021.

122.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 49.
Face Lather.
Lather : Phoenix & Beau ~ Citra Royale Shaving Soap.
Blade: Chinese Gillette Wilkinson Sword. (D1)
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette flat bottom tech. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Selin Turkish Lemon Eau De Cologne./Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling PSB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave..

I love the simple Gillette tech design they are such mild smooth efficient shavers especially the earlier models it would be hard for me to choose a favourite because each one that i own is a joy to shave with...However, i find the 40's & 50's models are slightly more assertive with the right blade choice.

An enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups comfortable silky smooth shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Saturday 26th June

Soap - TDS Rose
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor - Backland Vector
Blade - Schick Proline P (1)
Post- Floid Mentally Vigorous

My first shave with the new to me Vector, and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.
I missed the Postie on Friday, and put off my usual every other day shave so it had three days growth to contend with.
From the first stroke it was evident that this razor means business, but in a smooth and precise manner. This said, I was mindful that it could bite if I didn't pay careful attention.
First pass down and I could tell it shaves closer than the Hawk V3-A plate.
My usual routine is WTG/ATG, and the second pass seemed to be over in a trice, and was very smooth.
The finished shave was very smooth, just about BBS all over. I was expecting a fair bit of tingle from the Floid splash such was the closeness of the shave, but none at all.
It's clear to see how this razor has so many fans, I look forward to using it again.

The razor was sold to be by a gentleman forum member who I shall not name, but you know who you are, and I am very grateful.

Prep: Shower with Nivea deep cleansing face wash and PAA cube unscented.

Pre: PAA cube

Soap: Esteem Wild

Brush: Razorock Hulk

Razor: Homelike Start.

Blade: Persona Viking Sword

Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.

Attachments

• FF23E3E2-34FC-4BA5-BD04-97AA3661FA9B.jpeg
    FF23E3E2-34FC-4BA5-BD04-97AA3661FA9B.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 2
Sun 27 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Black Cherry
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Gold Dollar Replacement
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Alum + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
The lather from the soap was great as usual. Creamy and slick with a mild pleasant scent.
Thanks to FCS, they replace the 1st GD that was rusted & pitted by sending this one (fast too). I've never shaved with a so-called shave-ready straight razor before and don't know the feeling...all previous experience was not good. Now with this GD, wow...the edge was the smoothest I've ever felt...and it actually removes my whiskers...wow! 3passes for a mostly dfs to sas finish... the best ever results with a straight. Even went atg on the upper lips...'fool's pass' hahaha...and escape with a micro nick right at the nostril...not bad at all! Just the neck area still requires more experience. Aftershaves were excellent!
20210627_121547.jpg

The very appropriate theme for this shave was 'Willy Wonka and the razor factory'

IMG_20210626_191039.jpg

Willy Wonka - ATT X1 on the Mongoose handle
Winkelmann - Titan Mild
Mrs Bucket - Yaqi Dandelion
Augustus Gloop - A&E Platinum
Violet Beauregarde - Guerlain Homme

Willy Wonka, wonky willies and the world of ATT razors. One thing in common, they are all wonky.

And a message to the sponsor @Boycie83
To be honest this has been a very kind loan from Boycie. I think underneath it all it is a further attempt to get me to like an ATT product as to date I have always found them a bit of a let down. Wonderfully made and engineered but I found them to be similar to shaving with a dog turd. So here we are with their latest offering, the wonky SE.

I never really understood why they decided to offset an SE blade, but they did. I can't recall what an SE1 head looked like but this certainly looks like someone decided to take the same and machined a wedge away and then offset the top cap. All a bit strange to me as I don't understand why. But then again I am a thick twat.

IMG_20210626_155610_edit_23928948126556.jpg

I do like the elongated locating lugs in the same manner as the Mongoose and they certainly help getting the blade right first time and securely at that. Even though right is wrong. And wonky.

More importantly does it work? Whatever it does (and I am sceptical it does anything being offset) it does in a wonderfully smooth and efficient manner. Far more so than any previous ATT razor I can remember. In many ways I think all they have done here is improve the SE1 and added a novel touch in to the mix. Gone is the rough blade feel and gone is the uncomfortable stance the SE1 brings. Is it any better than my other choice SE's? I don't think so but it is getting close to being an equal and deserves to be on the 'want' list. @Boycie83 you are saved a burning.

May be being wonky and not being wonky is the wonky way to go.

The A&E did nothing for me unfortunately and all I will say is I won't be rushing out to purchase. A big minus and a big let down. All it did was elevate the razor further, that it could work with such an inferior medium. Give me a Signature, a Bath House, an MDC or an Abatte any day.

The Yaqi remains one of the best value products in wet shaving. Haven't got one? Then put it on your list.

So further down the line and I remain perplexed as to why? But whatever it does it manages a lovely shit free finish and I ain't going to complain as this is very good indeed. More importantly for me I can finally say I have found an ATT product where I can put a tick in the box. A future purchase? I think so, after the release of the ES Claymore V something or other and the non-existent Rocnel magnetic. We shall see.

A very happy bunny at this end and tomorrow I will see if the consistency is there and with any soap not being the A&E.

This happy.
'Now get rid of that shite on your face love'

This is how you start a quiet Sunday morning. A new find and this is about as far as it will go as they only appear to have one video, and this is it. Which is a shame

Back
Top Bottom