SOTD: Saturday 25th September - Friday 1st October 2021.

Pre: hot shower
Soap: Cerberus
Brush: yaqi mysterious space tuxedo
Razor: undisclosed name
Blade: personna ptfe #8
Frag: Cerberus

first 3 pass shave with that razor. Took a while but finally got there. It is really aggressive in the setup that I’m testing - and gem blades aren’t taking prisoners at first either! Brilliant smoothness - got to give it that.

cerberus.. oh Cerberus. Great scent on this one ! Got lucky and @Crossan sent me a sample of trifecta back together with my Stirling razor. What a great scent it is - now just to find someone that wants to pass the trifecta on!

dfs++ finish in 3 passes, with a bit of stinging from AS too. But good shave. Glad I didn’t get any weepers - finally!

SOTD : 26th September 2021.

14.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Cream.
Blade: WeCut Platinum. (D2)
Razor: SNMIRN Adjustable. (settings) 4-wtg,8-atg,-6-pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Cien Sensitive ASB./ X-Bolt EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Palmolive classic shave cream is such a wonderful performer which creates a rich protective lather with only a small amount giving a great lasting classic fragrance throughout the shave, leaving a good post shave feel.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave from the SNMIRN razor with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of X-Bolt EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sun 26 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Stirling Haverford Splash & Balm!
Awesome sweet tobaccoist scent from the soap. The lather was creamy and slick too...one of my favorite for sure!
SR adventures continue with this excellent razor! Enjoyed the nice smooth pasted balsa edge in 3passes without any issues for a dfs/ccs result. Matching aftershaves were awesome as well!
20210926_112022.jpg

This weatherbeaten auld gairdner’s mug is tough enough and I thought I was making the angle like you say but I guess not. Shaky hands, perhaps…

Plus you say the GEM gets smoother after the first use. I’ll wait a day till I have another go. Maybe it’s just the the total difference from DE? Very likely it’s just this daft bawbag right here.

No progress without sacrifice, eh?
I do not use DE anymore.

24/09/2021 - SEptember

Razor: Schick Type L
Blade: Schick II Twin (2)
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip
Soap: T&H 1805 Cream

View attachment 77450

This was a quick shave before a weekend away. Didn't have time for an SOTD picture so here's a cloud in the shape of a...... Segway.

Great cream and the twin blade is getting even better.

You obviously don't read enough Viz.

You'll man up with a few more shaves with it. Give one of our seafaring fellows a shout and see if they'll take you on a bez about at sea to toughen yer skin up. Bay Rum is a good choice. More practically for the shave, get the cap flatter to your face with the handle sticking out at what will feel like a really weird angle, coming from double edge razors. If you see comb marks in the lather, get the angle flatter still.

Bez on a boat? You mean this?

Look, I can do the salty water thing although I feel the toughening of skin will come more from the mud content rather than the salt content of the Mersey.

As for the sunshine mentioned, you would have to get things into perspective. We are talking Liverpool Bay here, not Montego Bay.

26/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Shower, Cold water Face rinse
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Soap - Signature Soap Leodis
Razor - Yaqi Katana V1 in Space Chrome
Blade - Permasharp
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - BartsBalm Tester F
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin

Wk39 - 21 (2).JPG
Is been a while since i used the Original Yaqi Katana, the fit and finish of this one is spot on.
Loaded with a Permasharp half blade i find it is a very efficient tool.
An easy face lather from the CH2 and Signature soap, the brush holding plenty for the shave, 3 passes later i am as smooth as silk.
I little indication from the splash but nothing major.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

SOTD 26-Sep
20210926_083900.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: Ramblin' Man
Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
Blade: Astra SP (2)

Good shave this morning, 3 pass with a nice smooth finish. Decided to kick out the balm and I didn't miss it, perhaps it'll see use again if it's a particular rough shave but I think it'll stay in the box for the most part.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom