SOTD: Saturday 25th September - Friday 1st October 2021.

Prep: Cella Gel pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia for Zenith
Brush: Elite Razors Polo Bone Amber
Soap: GD Encens Agrumes
Razor: Speed Swedish Slant
Blade: Asco Super Stainless
AS: Floid The Genuine

SOTD_20210925_1.jpg

SOTD_20210925_2.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

20210925_165102.jpg
SOTD 25th Sept
Pre - PAA Cube
Soap - Soap Commander Honor
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor - Supply V2 2 dot Comfort plate
Blade - Schick Proline B20 #3
Post - Lea 0% Sensitive lotion and L'Oréal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap balm
Superb 3 passes resulting in a very near BBS finish - all the more satisfying when your not chasing it and just using the passes to reduce the stubble.
Soap was boosted by the Cube's slickness - really missed this excellent scent from the Honor.
Post shave was top notch too.
Enjoy your weekend all.

Saturday 25th September

AM-JKLU-rF5GGdKFJV5fhEUf0tatz1cpIop-9XT6V6FwE_y0-0Iizr-R1FQOUhBc90-f0dqEn50vUUDKJVNyORd0dZk3rZ4it937h40ifzAQY67aNhCfztIHI2BYzHu4P7aPI1PrlAZ-ou4c33cIFHPlKzhAAQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Tcheon Fung Sing Traditional Line (Yellow)
RazoRock 400 Butterscotch w/Plissoft Noir 24mm
RazoRock SLOC w/Souplex Bakelite Handle
Treet Platinum (3)
Old Spice Original Aftershave (Vintage)
Always been intrigued by this razor and the SLOC concept.
Do you think it works Paul or is it more of a gimmick?

View attachment 77494

This morning -

razor - Colonial General alu on s/s handle
blade - Proshave - (1)
brush - Semogue 2015 HD silvertip
soap - Vie-Long mentha
post - witch hazel
a/s - Brut - Attraction Totale
balm - Floid
scent - Eau Sauvage parfum.

Top end result. I was pleased find after a hiatus of a couple of years that the Colonial General remains an effortlessly good razor for me. Shave well - cheers - I.
Did the ProShave blade feel similar to a Proline P to you Iain ?

9DAFEEF2-A057-4500-A8B1-B29ED5DBFC3F.jpeg

SOTD: 25/09/2021

Razor: Pear Flexi
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Blade: Sputnik
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Post shave: Bart’s Balm sample, Stirling Campania EDT
A great shave and the little Omega just produces a fabulous lather every time. The soap and EDT are solid medium scent, but beautiful and long lasting, and much more subtle than the Citron but just as enjoyable.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Always been intrigued by this razor and the SLOC concept.
Do you think it works Paul or is it more of a gimmick?
From my first go, I was erring on the gimmick side. I believe when the original was released (vintage) it was a gimmick. Another go tonight and I was purposefully rinsing the razor more frequently in order to have more water held in the cap. First go, I was seeing a lot of striation lines from the cap (as I'm a cap rider who takes blade angle from the cap rather than the comb) but with more frequent rinsing tonight, clear skin ... so, yes, I'm now erring on the side of it not being a gimmick.

The thing is, if it had a smooth cap I think it would still be a sound, smooth open comb razor.

ER1912, GEM
Zenith Unbleached Big Boar
MWF
Benjamin’s Bay Rum then more and more
Face Bath in Comfrey Oil followed by another
1 Ibuprofen 400mg

Bugger me, my face is still sore! Who’s idea was the Ever Ready window scraper anyway? I’m coming for ya…
You'll man up with a few more shaves with it. Give one of our seafaring fellows a shout and see if they'll take you on a bez about at sea to toughen yer skin up. Bay Rum is a good choice. More practically for the shave, get the cap flatter to your face with the handle sticking out at what will feel like a really weird angle, coming from double edge razors. If you see comb marks in the lather, get the angle flatter still.

This weatherbeaten auld gairdner’s mug is tough enough and I thought I was making the angle like you say but I guess not. Shaky hands, perhaps…

Plus you say the GEM gets smoother after the first use. I’ll wait a day till I have another go. Maybe it’s just the the total difference from DE? Very likely it’s just this daft bawbag right here.

No progress without sacrifice, eh?

This weatherbeaten auld gairdner’s mug is tough enough and I thought I was making the angle like you say but I guess not. Shaky hands, perhaps…

Plus you say the GEM gets smoother after the first use. I’ll wait a day till I have another go. Maybe it’s just the the total difference from DE? Very likely it’s just this daft bawbag right here.

No progress without sacrifice, eh?
Oh, yes ... if that was the first run for the blade, most definitely don't judge until a couple more shaves. Use a VERY light touch on the first run. There's also truth in it being a completely different beast to double edge shaving and a few more shaves will lock in some muscle memory and allow your skin to adapt. When I shaved routinely with a GEM blade I found about 18 hours to be right for regrowth (for my liking), so just made it every other day as I like to shave in the evening.

Oh, yes ... if that was the first run for the blade, most definitely don't judge until a couple more shaves. Use a VERY light touch on the first run. There's also truth in it being a completely different beast to double edge shaving and a few more shaves will lock in some muscle memory and allow your skin to adapt. When I shaved routinely with a GEM blade I found about 18 hours to be right for regrowth (for my liking), so just made it every other day as I like to shave in the evening.
I like what you write in that I tend to shave every other day. With my vintage DEs, I can manage every day but if I get better results with the 1912, every other day will suit me just fine.

Back
Top Bottom