SOTD: Saturday 25th September - Friday 1st October 2021.

25/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Jayaruh #355 Maggards Knot
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - Kampfe Star HR-14A - Jayaruh Box #23 & handle
Blade - Henckels Rapide
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's Balm
A/S - Proraso Green Green

Wk 39 - 21(1).JPG

Up today is the Kampfe Star with Jayaruh handle, set in the Jayaruh handmade box. I was going to use a GEM, however, i had been cleaning the Henckels set up and decided to try the Henckels blade in for size, its a perfect fit, decision made! I checked it again under the loupe and noticed a tiny shadow so put it on the CrO2 paddle until it cleaned out, about 7 laps, then onto the canvas (30 laps) and leather paddle (50 laps), its looking good to go.
Also up is the Jayaruh #355 with Maggards knot with the Signature soaps Britannia, a face lather today and worked into a creamy, looser lather similar to what i would use for a Str8.
Well, well, well!
What a nice shaving experience, the blade was singing in the Lather catcher, smooth as you like on all 3 passes, giving me a DFS+ finish.
Very Nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Saturday SEptember 25, 2021
Razor: Weck Med Prep Safety
Blade: Personna
Brush: Trotter Handcraft DSotM (Dark Side of the Moon)
Soap: Signature Hibernia
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Proraso Green Splash
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,053

Wonderful shave with the Med Prep which clears the whiskers with fewer strokes due to the wide swath it cuts. The Hibernia on 1st use was a pleasure to use. Nice medium scent strength which allows you to enjoy the scent without it over powering and being a distraction. Easy to load and not shy of water. It yields a great lather that is creamy and slick. This is a winner for me. 25th day of SEptember and just 5 more SE shaves to go. Clearly I will run out of days in the month before I run out of Vintage SE razors. This has been such a fun month I am considering selling my prized Vector SB and OC Razor...........time will tell. Have a great weekend everyone !!
IMG_20210924_203654803_HDR.jpg

Saturday 25th September SOTD

Soap • Le Pere Lucien Cologne Fougere
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Rockwell 6C R3
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Brut Original Aftershave
Scent • Penhalligons Bayolea EdT

I have trouble with this soap as it dissipates very quickly on the face. I've tried loading more/less soap, adding more/less water
Still, it vanishes, but remains stable on the brush?
Not the best shave - and I was looking forward to using my 6C with a fresh Silver Blue . . .
The best thing is that I smell great. Brut Original and Bayolea compliment each other well

Shave well, and enjoy your weekend chaps

CDAA8CFC-24B4-4260-A85E-8649D080778E.jpeg

Hot shower then Proraso Green pre-shave cream
Wickham Soap Company Buddha Wood soap
Yaqi 26mm Rainbow synthetic brush
OneBlade Genesis
De-spined GEM blade (1)
Warm/cold rinse, Thayers Unscented, Extro Cosmesi Mare aftershave and Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine balm
EdC - Acqua di Parma Essenza

Only time for a quick shave this morning so grabbed what was handy along with the OneBlade. Simple and effortless as normal and face stroking smooth.

Have a great Saturday folks!

25 September

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Mühle Classic XL
ES Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Clinique post-shave soother

2934EA58-408A-4713-870C-7F759235B524.jpeg

A first class lather with the Pannacrema soap and such a wonderful scent. Then a smooth, comfortable, two pass shave with the Claymore. I am enjoying using this razor.

I have trouble with this soap as it dissipates very quickly on the face. I've tried loading more/less soap, adding more/less water
Still, it vanishes, but remains stable on the brush?
I have the same trouble with the Apricot variant P. - tried everything but the lather isn't stable - which is a bit of a bummer given what it costs. - I.

20210925_125610.jpg
Pre: hot towel and La Toja Magno soap
Razor: Gillette ball end Tech
Blade: Nacet stainless (1)
Soap: Truefitt & Hill luxury
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3 best badger, first go!

Lovely midmorning shave, admittedly I had the Baurmann 5/8 round me phisog only yesterday evening before going out, but today's shave, with super slick pre soap, a quality shave soap applied with an excellent brush, and a brand new Nacet locked and loaded into my '63 Gillette Tech: it's hard to go wrong. A mild and comfortable 3 passes leaving me happy shiny!

The brush is lovely, fits well in the hand, the knot is much softer and less scratchy than my old bargain basement badger, with more backbone despite a few mm more loft. I'm pleased with this foray into quality naturals.

I'll probably stick out like a sore thumb at the plumber's merchants later when I go to get a new kitchen tap (cos that's what Saturdays are for, right?)

Have a good weekend fellas.

Last edited:
SOTD 25/09
Been looking forward to this shave today it was a tough choice but I went for Droid black and the scent is really nice from tub and also really nice once lathered and I knew the soap would perform really well went for a 3 pass shave with a weeks growth all in a very good shave the scent on the aftershave is really nice aswell
Pre: PAA cube
Soap & splash : PAA Droid black
Balm: PAA droid black star jelly
Alum bloc
Brush: alpha outlaw
Razor: karve stainless D plate
Blade: Gillette nacet 3rd use

20210925_133600.jpg20210925_133619.jpg20210925_133637.jpg20210925_133654.jpg20210925_133806.jpg20210925_133858.jpg20210925_134218.jpg20210925_134318.jpg20210925_140050.jpg

PreShave: Hot Shower then The Cube 2 - unscented

Soap: TOBS Lavender

Brush: Simpson T3

Razor: Rockwell 6S #2

Blade: Astra SP #3

Post Shave: Alum stick then Wickham's Parma Violet balm

DE Shave #9

Another great shave, no nicks or soreness. Absolutely no skin reaction to the Cube 2. A sharp tingle with the new balm which calmed down quite quickly and feels lovely a few hrs later and the smell is gorgeous.

Pre: Shower
Soap: Cella red
Blades: Derby Professional SE
Razor (face): Leaf thorn
Razor (head): Leaf
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice
ASL: Duru Lemon
ASB: Cerave SA Smoothing Cream.

First time using Cella, the last of the three soaps I'm planning to use over the autumn and winter. I like the smell, although it is reminiscent of the morning after one night I had drinking Ameretto. (Never again!)

Lovely shave, which has left my head looking as smooth as an infant's posterior. Ready for an evening of catching up with mates I haven't seen for months and watching some boxing.

Stay safe,
Shane.

Sotd-25-09-21.jpg

This morning -

razor - Colonial General alu on s/s handle
blade - Proshave - (1)
brush - Semogue 2015 HD silvertip
soap - Vie-Long mentha
post - witch hazel
a/s - Brut - Attraction Totale
balm - Floid
scent - Eau Sauvage parfum.

Top end result. I was pleased to find after a hiatus of a couple of years that the Colonial General remains an effortlessly good razor for me. Shave well - cheers - I.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom