SOTD : Saturday 25th - Friday 31st July 2020.

26/7/20

Brush - Omega 10075
Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Supermax Super Platinum (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh
EdT - Brut

A really delightful shave today, the post shave was so good I didn't need a balm, Vitos RC seems to suit my skin almost better than any other soap.

Went from using my biggest brush yesterday (Oumo flat top (25mm/80mm) to the smallest Omega 10075 (23mm/48mm) and I definitely found the smaller one quicker and easier to build a lather with, maybe as I'm more familiar with it. Nonetheless it's quite nice to use a bigger brush now and again.

Have a good Sunday gents.

Late evening shave today and decided to try out this brilliant shaving kit I bought on eBay...

Pre-shave: usual wash with Glyce soap (Essential prep for any serious wet shaver!)
Shave oil - Extra Virgin Olive Oil with White Truffle (A little greasy but I only needed a few drops)
Brush - This was described as a 'Leather Long Knot' (I was assured it is hugely rare in the wet shaving world)
Blade - Gurkha Kukri SE (I was told to use the small notches near the handle for under the nose)
Post shave #1 - cold water rinse and dabs of powdered Coleman's Mustard (Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!:eek:)
Post shave #2 - Sudocrem, applied generously (Not part of the kit...I made this choice out of necessity)

View attachment 57587

Well, overall, a rather aggressive shave that tended to feel more and more aggressive as I sobered upo_O:rolleyes:

@Thommo - see, it don't matter what photo you post ...no one notices anyway :) (y)
Would you believe it, the blades for the Kukri were made from lorry springs. I was stationed at the Gurka base in Dharan,Nepal and Kukris were made there in the 70s.

Last edited:
Would you believe it, the blades for the Kukri were made from lorry springs. I was stationed at the Gurka base in Dharan,Nepal and Kukris were made there in the 70s.
Now he tells me! If I'd known I was shaving with sharpened lorry springs, I would have used more olive oil and less mustard:oops:
You're the reason I won't be able to shave again for days! :eek:

26/07/20
Pre: Whickams pre shave soap face wash
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: GFCC Bergamot & Neroli
Razor: 5/8 Thiers-Issard Evide Sonnant / Parker SRX Stainless
Blade: Perma Sharp SE (1)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK One
Sun (1).JPG

A couple of the razors i was waiting for arrived yesterday, i checked the edges and compared them to a shave ready razor i already have, they looked good and i decided to use the Thiers-Issard today to carry on with the Str8 Training.
A really nice face lather with the Simpson/GFCC cream combo, the scent on this one is a bit more noticeable than the lime i used yesterday, again plenty for the shave.
I completed 2 WTG Passes using both hands with the TI although i did get a bit tugging when trying to navigate the chin, i am hoping this is down to my poor Angle/technique and not a poor edge?
I completed a buffing pass with the little SRX and a warm rinse off, i noticed a tiny nick (about where i thought the razor was tugging) on the LH side of the chin, a couple of cold water rinses sorted it out quickly.
Result - DFS Finish, probably due to not fully completing the XTG & ATG, although i am happy with that.
Razors Cleaned and the T-I stropped, i checked the edge under the loupe and it is polished, straight and even, as it should be.
I finished off with a nice post shave routine,
Leaving me clean, fresh and happy.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

Good morning world. I hope you're all well.

Just took the dog out for a lovely long walk and then a shave before heading out again this afternoon.

Pre- Myrsol Emulsion
Brush-Yaqi Timberwolf 26mm Synth
Soap- Sig Soaps Eborcorum
Razor- Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade- Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp #1
Post- Osma Alum Block
Balm- Myrsol Emulsion

An excellent close shave with no weepers, snags or discomfort. A quick rub of alum with no sting followed by the Emulsion.
I'm still learning this game and what a game it is.

Stay safe everyone.....Garry

Here's a picture of my first ship that I joined when I was 16. We've all probably shaved with her steel now. In my next post I'll post a picture of my last vessel that I sailed on 27 years later which is just a “little” larger
8EF4C8A8-CDB5-47D5-86CD-7B49F03D3370.jpeg

26/07/20
Pre: Whickams pre shave soap face wash
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: GFCC Bergamot & Neroli
Razor: 5/8 Thiers-Issard Evide Sonnant / Parker SRX Stainless
Blade: Perma Sharp SE (1)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK One
View attachment 57603

A couple of the razors i was waiting for arrived yesterday, i checked the edges and compared them to a shave ready razor i already have, they looked good and i decided to use the Thiers-Issard today to carry on with the Str8 Training.
A really nice face lather with the Simpson/GFCC cream combo, the scent on this one is a bit more noticeable than the lime i used yesterday, again plenty for the shave.
I completed 2 WTG Passes using both hands with the TI although i did get a bit tugging when trying to navigate the chin, i am hoping this is down to my poor Angle/technique and not a poor edge?
I completed a buffing pass with the little SRX and a warm rinse off, i noticed a tiny nick (about where i thought the razor was tugging) on the LH side of the chin, a couple of cold water rinses sorted it out quickly.
Result - DFS Finish, probably due to not fully completing the XTG & ATG, although i am happy with that.
Razors Cleaned and the T-I stropped, i checked the edge under the loupe and it is polished, straight and even, as it should be.
I finished off with a nice post shave routine,
Leaving me clean, fresh and happy.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

A beautiful razor!

26 July 2020 – post cycling shave – got home just before the next deluge ….
Good shave – using again vintage Gillette Platinum Plus blade. Smooth result – no nicks!

Prep: Aldi Bath Soap & Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: MÜHLE R89
Blade: vintage Gillette Platinum Plus
Soap: Stirling Coconut & Lime
After: Cold Water Splash - Ajanta Alum – Nivea Sensitive Cool ASL

Lot's of posts this morning - just quickly leafed through the pages - other duties calling ...

image.jpeg
SOTD 26th July 2020

Razor - Karve SS with D plate
Blade - Timor #8
Soap - Mondial - Tabacco Verde
Brush - Omega 49 Boar
Post - Thayers Astringent
Frag - Tabac EdC

I have been testing this Timor blade for the last week using my Feather AS-D2 razor and using Signature Soaps - Capra and have been getting very good results, it's a very smooth blade but not quite as sharp as my beloved Souplex blades.

The Timor blade has legs though, today's shave was the blades eighth outing and is still going strong, it feels more suited to my Karve fitted with the D plate than it did with the AS-D2 and I was able to get a BBS finish with no effort at all.

So my conclusion is that the Timor blade works very well indeed in a more assertive razor, ( medium agressive ) if you like, it is super smooth and it seems to be lasting very well, I will keep going with this blade in the Karve razor ( C or D plate ) untill the blade starts to fail.

I have heard that 15 - 20 shaves is possible from these blades, time will tell!

Today's shave was great and the scent from the lather was wonderful, a very nice soap indeed and the Karve with the Timor blade installed was just perfect. :)

Untill the next time, stay safe and be lucky :)

Paul.

Last edited:
Sunday 26th July

ACtC-3dYsVds_7bmR71kNQq3z2VATf6TT7sIuIRdYp6kZP8IeQNhZFV_fewbM4t0BxEJXylBikmeLL8jCpn3PZGpXdUseJnFuZnnB5GdfH0w2eqwyjzOzHeM5tFBe5oFZB_F3TXl2jl96wnU-akpG9IQ9enrKg=w800

Wash with Ach Brito Glyce
Lather up with Derby Shaving Stick (Grated) & Haryali Black Fibre Synthetic 22mm
Shave with Gillette Tech Open Comb (1970s) & Rapira Swedish Supersteel (2)
Single Pass, Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Denim (Vintage) Aftershave​

20200725_201943.jpg
Pre - Lab Series Pro-LS Face Cleansing Gel
Cream - TOBS Rose
Razor - Fatip Piccolo
Blade - Derby Extra (Green)
Brush - Shave Lounge Synthetic
Post - Kiehl's Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion
Balm - Floid Balsamo
Cologne - Clinique Happy

Very relaxing Sunday shave, took my time with the Piccolo as I've had a few nightmares with it in the past. Thankfully none today.

Have a great Sunday gents!

T

Sun 26th July

RazoRock 400 SE
MWF
Occams Oren-No3 plate
Feather Proguard [ 2 ]
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Have been away for couple of Days visiting relations, came back yesterday and skipped/missed Shave to get on the road. Today I used what is now my number one Travel Razor. Just so glad I brought this odd looking Razor, as it works well in different Shaving environments, whereas some Razors you struggle with if conditions are not right - Hotel Bathrooms are often a nightmare.

The Oren really provides me with the most smooth and comfortable shaves, and I have no problems getting a very good close finish every time - and I can use it as a Daily Shaver which is useful as normally I do Shave daily.

IMG_0905.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom