SOTD : Saturday 25th - Friday 31st July 2020.

Good morning world. I hope you're all well.

Just took the dog out for a lovely long walk and then a shave before heading out again this afternoon.

Pre- Myrsol Emulsion
Brush-Yaqi Timberwolf 26mm Synth
Soap- Sig Soaps Eborcorum
Razor- Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade- Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp #1
Post- Osma Alum Block
Balm- Myrsol Emulsion

An excellent close shave with no weepers, snags or discomfort. A quick rub of alum with no sting followed by the Emulsion.
I'm still learning this game and what a game it is.

Stay safe everyone.....Garry

Here's a picture of my first ship that I joined when I was 16. We've all probably shaved with her steel now. In my next post I'll post a picture of my last vessel that I sailed on 27 years later which is just a “little” larger
View attachment 57605

Oh my good God @merchant_seaman

I have sailed on the same vessel as you then. I spent most of my time with Crescent Shipping (5 years with them around the early 80's) on the Urgence (Captain Bob King) but did a trip or two on the Vibrence to help out. Sailed on numerous other 'ence' ships down the years including the very apt named Sentence with Rockets Johnson.

Then 25 years oil and gas boats and now find myself skipper on this as a quiet way in to retirement. First mistake, thinking tugging was going to be easy, second thinking it was going to be quiet

IMG-20200326-WA0002.jpg

Small world

Last edited:
Oh my good God @merchant_seaman

I have sailed on the same vessel as you then. I spent most of my time with Crescent Shipping (5 years with them around the early 80's) on the Urgence (Captain Bob King) but did a trip or two on the Vibrence to help out. Sailed on numerous other 'ence' ships down the years including the very apt named Sentence with Rockets Johnson.

Then 25 years oil and gas boats and now find myself skipper on this as a quiet way in to retirement. First mistake, thinking tugging was going to be easy, second thinking it was going to be quiet

View attachment 57615

Small world
I was hoping to see a picture of your command. Thanks for that, there were some characters on Crescent Shipping (that's) for sure ;-)

WOW ~ decided to get a Leaf for the noggin to see if I could get a BBS shave like the HeadBlade. Only reason being I feel guilty buying carts for the HB. Also decided to put my big boy pants on & loaded all 3 blades. Superb, a couple more shaves like that & the HB will be up for sale.
View attachment 57620
It's a cracking razor isn't it Shaun, I'm pleased it worked on your dome :cool: P.

Sunday AM 2020-07-26
Parents' Day
eO7uDYQ.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Ivory Finest (26/60)
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-OC/Bob's Razor Works Amboyna Burl
Wilkinson London Bridge (9)
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula aftershave (vintage)
j0HYI21.jpg

Wow! Nice brush you got there.....

Cheers. I took advantage of the Executive Shaving's 30% of badger brushes.

WOW ~ decided to get a Leaf for the noggin to see if I could get a BBS shave like the HeadBlade. Only reason being I feel guilty buying carts for the HB. Also decided to put my big boy pants on & loaded all 3 blades. Superb, a couple more shaves like that & the HB will be up for sale.
View attachment 57620
I've recently been tempted by the leaf. I'll be interested to see how you get on with long term.

26/07/20

Razor: Fine Marvel
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Brush: Proraso Omega
Soap: TOBS Tobacco Leaf
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Signature Soaps Eboracum
ASB: Neutrogena

View attachment 57627

This is a nice smelling TOBS. Definitely a keeper. Usual efficiency from the Marvel and a pleasant finish with the Signature Soaps splash.

Happy to see this. Its on my list of creams I really want to try and top of the tree in the TOBS list. (y)

Back
Top Bottom